Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locoenlacabeza View Post
I just wanted to start this thread to thank Obama for the extra $25 in stimulus money that was added to my husbands unemployment benefits, that might I add took over a month to get. I'm so grateful for this extra $25....
Yes, at the rate we're going, you might be able to buy a loaf of bread for that!

Thank you Obama! Is this the "hope and change" all you who voted for this incompetent idiot thug wanted?

And what about the lies about the government run "health care"? You think you'll have a choice? Guess again. Hope you don't lose your job. You won't have a choice. You won't be allowed to buy private insurance, because the insurance companies won't be allowed to sell it (as reported in the Wall Streed Journal, found on page 16 of the bill).

And if you cannot prove that you have health insurance when you file your tax return, the government is going to stiff you with a HUGE FINE, and you will be forced into the government program (also burried in the bill, which nobody has read).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
hard to be grateful when you are unemployed. but does unemployment rest on the shoulders of mr obama, what about the last 8 years?
i think at this time more people should be thinking about unions and less about a savior in the white house.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,995,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you need to get some facts straight: The Republican Party didn't cause this. This is pure Democrat doing, begining with Jimmy Carter and the CRA (which was expanded under Clinton). Further, Democrats like Chriss Dodd, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Dick Durban, and about a dozen or more others are to blame.

This situation (that we are facing at this moment) is entirely Obama's doing, and his Democrat supporters in the Congress.

You'd better start waking up and doing some homework, because you have your head in the sand.

Thank the Democrats. Under Obama, the job loss numbers keep growing, and we haven't done anything to create new jobs. Only the private sector can create jobs, and Obama is killing business everywhere.

Clinton's expansion of the CRA had a great deal to do with this. You cannot force banks to make risky loans to people who can't pay, and not expect a crash. This is exactly what happened. The rest is Obama's failure to deal with the resulting "crisis". Everything he has done is wrong, and is making things worse even today. The man has no clue; or, he is doing it on purpose (I believe the latter is true).

Thanks Democrats! This is not a game. America is at stake here. The Democrats are destroying our country.

You'd better start learning some truth. Your "messiah" is a fraud, a and incompetent boob. He is an arrogant ass, acting as President. Hell, he isn't even a citizen. He's a citizen of Kenya! Where is the proof? Why doensn't he produce it?

He is an illegitimate President. He should be removed from office.
Can you please have non-friends view your profile so I can add you to my ignore list. What a warped view you have.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I want to start by thanking the Republican party for causing this Depression we are in.
I'd like to add that the Republicans have been out of power for two years before this idiot took office. So who's to blame? The Democrats were warned that there were serious "issues"; but they rejected the Republicans warnings, time and time again.

These are facts that are supported by audio and video of our Congress in action. They have been posted on the Internet for over a year. They cannot be refuted.

The truth speaks for itself: This is all the doing of the Democrat Party.

But stick your head in the sand, suckers!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I just wanted to start this thread to thank Obama for the extra $25 in stimulus money that was added to my husbands unemployment benefits, that might I add took over a month to get. I'm so grateful for this extra $25....
I'm with TheLiberalVoice. Give it back, or give it to me. (Hey, Liberal, I'll share.)

Old 07-21-2009, 06:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
5 kids?!? I'm not sure government could ever do enough if you're both unemployed.

That was your choice in life, and I'm sure it has been wonderful, but I wouldn't start threads blaming Obama about the repercussions.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you need to get some facts straight: The Republican Party didn't cause this. This is pure Democrat doing, begining with Jimmy Carter and the CRA (which was expanded under Clinton). Further, Democrats like Chriss Dodd, Barney Frank, Chuck Schumer, Dick Durban, and about a dozen or more others are to blame.

This situation (that we are facing at this moment) is entirely Obama's doing, and his Democrat supporters in the Congress.

You'd better start waking up and doing some homework, because you have your head in the sand.

Thank the Democrats. Under Obama, the job loss numbers keep growing, and we haven't done anything to create new jobs. Only the private sector can create jobs, and Obama is killing business everywhere.

Clinton's expansion of the CRA had a great deal to do with this. You cannot force banks to make risky loans to people who can't pay, and not expect a crash. This is exactly what happened. The rest is Obama's failure to deal with the resulting "crisis". Everything he has done is wrong, and is making things worse even today. The man has no clue; or, he is doing it on purpose (I believe the latter is true).

Thanks Democrats! This is not a game. America is at stake here. The Democrats are destroying our country.

You'd better start learning some truth. Your "messiah" is a fraud, a and incompetent boob. He is an arrogant ass, acting as President. Hell, he isn't even a citizen. He's a citizen of Kenya! Where is the proof? Why doensn't he produce it?

He is an illegitimate President. He should be removed from office.

Hahahahahahahaa...... My favorite flavor is purple!

Old 07-21-2009, 06:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Clearly you know not what you talk about.
First, I don't think anything is owed to me. As I stated before, I'm simply waiting for the hope and change that was promised.

Second, you need to re-read what I said- Im not taking care of foster kids- I ADOPTED them, so the foster money- yeah once they're yours is gone.
Why don't you read the entire thread before posting- I clearly spelled out why we do not qualify for benefits.
As for bettering our lives- I'm working on it. I am a full time student, and there isn't much room for us to both be students at this time.
Ok, who told you to adopt 7 kids? Or have 7 kids?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
I seem to recall all the leftists whining and moaning about the stimulus check Bush sent out...and what a waste it was....

And now those same leftists are saying to be grateful that a person is getting an extra $25...

Leftists are hilarious in their hypocrisy.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I seem to recall all the leftists whining and moaning about the stimulus check Bush sent out...and what a waste it was....

And now those same leftists are saying to be grateful that a person is getting an extra $25...

Leftists are hilarious in their hypocrisy.
I didn't think that. We bought a swimming pool heater with our first stimulus check. We were planning to buy a wide-screen TV with the most recent one, but decided to put the money in the bank (what no one wanted us to do with it)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies