Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,345,480 times

Advertisements

Anyone that "knows" me on city-data, knows that I am not prejudiced. I would rather be dead than be prejudiced against anyone. So I do not have that agenda.

In January of this year, on a slow news day, this heinous crime unfolded. This crime takes my breath away. The female victim in this atrocity was tortured, raped and had her mouth washed out with bleach, allegedly to get rid of the DNA evidence. The torture may have taken more than 24-hours. At one point an 18-year-old female witnessed it, but did nothing.

This was a sweet, young couple out on a date in a supposed "decent" part of town.

I was part of the mainstream media, back in the day, and this had all the makings of a story that the Associated Press would pick up.

But it wasn't.

This seems like a blatant hate crime, racially motivated. Why the heck would four people jack a car and commit this crime?

I would love to have the answer.

Recently, someone on Yahoo answers asked if this is a hoax. She heard mention of it on the internet. Sadly, it is not. But the news story has never made it past the Knox County, Tennessee, area.

I want to know...why has the mainstream media turned their back on this story?

I would love feedback. I am haunted by this everyday.

Thank you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fU0NdC8U1Gg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 10:33 PM

464 posts, read 753,475 times
Oh my gosh, this is just horrible, I never heard anything about this and I am a news junkie. I have FoxNews on all the time, or CNN etc... I can't even comprehend this story.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:35 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
There is already a few threads about this, but I understand where you are coming from.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 PM

There is? Are you sure? This has no publicity and I am on HERE all the time. I will try to search for it.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,090,574 times
Horrible, I have not heard this in So. Ca., and I can't get computer sound, what race are the killers and victims?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 PM

Okay. It is here. I see the one thread, that immediately starts going into FOX News, blah, blah, blah.

I want everyone to understand this happened in January. It happened a month before poor Anna Nicole died. It was a slow news day. And it was not picked up by the wires.

I don't care if FOX, CNN, or MSNBC reported it. The point is that no one did. I want to know why.

I was a newspaper reporter for ten years. I live in Knoxville. I have known about this since it happened, three months ago.

I would like my thread to stay. I think it is a beautiful tribute to these two people.

And I want to know, when we are inundated with such senseless pap, day and night, why this went unreported in the mainstream media.

This story absolutely haunts me. I want them to be remembered.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:28 PM

164 posts, read 464,113 times
Could I have a cite for the "racial motivation" for the murders? This was definitely a hate crime in the non-legal sense, but a brief Internet search doesn't show any evidence that these butchers specifically set out to kill whites. At least nothing that isn't from a racist site.

It's an atrocity in any case.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Fine. Maybe it was not racially motivated.

I will say this. These people were incredibly pissed off. You do not hold a woman for days, rape, torture her, put bleach in her mouth, then cut her up so that she ends up in five garbage bags without being really, really mad.

Okay. One guy. Well, that's just a serial killer. He's just nuts.

Two guys?

Well, that has happened, too. Two serial killers. What are the odds? But we live incredible times.

But there are FOURr guys. And they are all really pissed off. And then there is a woman. And she does not think that what they are doing to another woman is not despicable?

Fine. Not racially motivated.

But why, oh, why what this not reported on the national news?

Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 PM

52 posts, read 122,329 times
I think the important thing is that the perpetrators have been captured. Now that I think about it the reason this crime may have not garnered a lot of attention is because and I am assuming that the suspects were apprehended quickly. But I don't know. I do remember hearing about this case some months back though.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:53 PM

923 posts, read 3,515,388 times
I was in Nooga a few months ago and read references concerning the case.

From what I've ascertained, 4 or 5 "Animals" Kidnapped a young White couple and Raped, Robbed, tortured and finally after 4 days "Murdered" two young innocent souls...

For this The "Animals" AND their Families should be beaten, stoned and Dragged to a slow Death...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies