Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 05:59 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchcock View Post
Whether it is Obama or any other President, Democrat or Republican, it is far too early to decide whether the President is doing a good or a bad job. In the second world war we were doing badly and looked like losing. I'm sure that if we had computers at that time, the bloggers would be on here telling us all how our President had failed us or how pearl harbor would never have happened under a different political party. To fight any foe or extreme problem is not a overnight solution or cure. If at the end of his term Obama has failed we can vote him out. You all think you can do it better..then run for office. To make your mind up this early in the administration is just stupid. In this world you are either part of the solution or part of the problem Not giving the President support and a chance to prove that he has it right means you are part of the problem. Would love to see you "whingers" on the battlefield...you'd be crying for your momma.
You are soooo right.
Do these Obama bashers take their vehicles into a garage for a complete service and tell the mechanic that if the vehicle isn't ready in 4 minutes they are frauds............ not on your life, but Obama must fix America in 6 months....ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 06:07 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,321,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are soooo right.
Do these Obama bashers take their vehicles into a garage for a complete service and tell the mechanic that if the vehicle isn't ready in 4 minutes they are frauds............ not on your life, but Obama must fix America in 6 months....ridiculous.
I like the car analogy, but see it like this...
Leave you car off at the shop and in six months time the estimate keeps going up and up and up, the car still isn't fixed, they can't tell you what the problem actually is, but instead keep babbling how the last shop you took it to has it all screwed up.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I like the car analogy, but see it like this...
Leave you car off at the shop and in six months time the estimate keeps going up and up and up, the car still isn't fixed, they can't tell you what the problem actually is, but instead keep babbling how the last shop you took it to has it all screwed up.
Good point..now look at it like this.....
You tow your car to the shop after it had been stolen by some half crazed morons who virtually destroyed the car by driving it recklessly and over revving it till it screamed then driving it headlong into a wall. Every four minutes you keep phoning the Mechanic and asking him if it is fixed yet. He says he is fixing it as quick as he can but he keeps seeing more and more damage and do you want him to just stop repairing it or do you want the vehicle to be driveable again?

Which would you pick...

I'm sorry to keep bugging you and obviously i want my car, that i love, to be put back into great shape, give me the bill when you know how much it will cost to repair it. i realise the original estimate will not be enough.
or

Here's the $100 you wanted to fix my brakes now put the vehicle to the kerb and leave it there as i don't want it fully repaired and driveable.

Which choice...full repair or just fix it a little bit>?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Good point..now look at it like this.....
You tow your car to the shop after it had been stolen by some half crazed morons who virtually destroyed the car by driving it recklessly and over revving it till it screamed then driving it headlong into a wall. Every four minutes you keep phoning the Mechanic and asking him if it is fixed yet. He says he is fixing it as quick as he can but he keeps seeing more and more damage and do you want him to just stop repairing it or do you want the vehicle to be driveable again?

Which would you pick...

I'm sorry to keep bugging you and obviously i want my car, that i love, to be put back into great shape, give me the bill when you know how much it will cost to repair it. i realise the original estimate will not be enough.
or

Here's the $100 you wanted to fix my brakes now put the vehicle to the kerb and leave it there as i don't want it fully repaired and driveable.

Which choice...full repair or just fix it a little bit>?
Fail.
Government is the hack shop staffed by half crazed morons who screwed it up in the first place.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Fail.
Government is the hack shop staffed by half crazed morons who screwed it up in the first place.
So you took your car to one garage and they screwed it up. You then quit trying to get it fixed. There are other better garages, it's just a case of not letting your partisanship for the failed garage get in your way.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:40 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,483,853 times
have you seen the truth yet about obama?

Yeah..He's an American

Old 07-22-2009, 06:45 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesheba View Post
do you think any of his voters have?
i already have heard that many are sorry they voted for him.
I saw it long before the election.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
So you took your car to one garage and they screwed it up. You then quit trying to get it fixed. There are other better garages, it's just a case of not letting your partisanship for the failed garage get in your way.
Interesting that you are advocating free market consumerism as a solution, but run around starting these threads for Government run healthcare.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,388,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkpg View Post
Light up. It will make everything clear.
Don't sweat it. Her read to rep ratio is as expected. And they say that stuff doesn't hurt you.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I saw it long before the election.
In your Crystal Ball ??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies