Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you content with the current healthcare system in America
Yes 52 20.55%
No 104 41.11%
Yes and No (Some parts are good, some are bad) 97 38.34%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 06:53 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
What's going to happen as more doctors either leave the field or expatriate?
We get Dr.s committed to people's health not the almighty dollar.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:56 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Why should they leave. Countries with a UHC have not had their Doctors leaving so why would American Doctors leave?
Canada has a shortage of Doctors,many come here to the USA to work...
Britain is suffering a 'brain drain' of not just Doctors but all professionals...

Uhhh, have you been to a hospital any time recently?

It is difficult to find an American Doctor as most are from overseas.

Now do you think they came here because they simply want to treat American patients rather than people from their own country?

No,they came here to make money,once you aren't making the same sort of money they will simply go elsewhere.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Extrapolating from the concept "Health care is a privilege, not a right" then I guess life itself is a privilege, not a right. If life itself is a privilege, why is killing people with out government sanction still illegal? Denying health care to a seriously ill person because they cannot afford the payments is tantamount to murder. Since when outside of war, declared or not, is it legal to kill someone by rejecting them from a health care facility.

I think a major opponent to UHC are the people that are wealth enough to afford any lever of care and consider providing it to the less successful degrades their privilege. This is the very essence of the "I've got mine and the Hell with you" mindset of the privileged. Even if UHC could bee arranged without taxing this minority they would oppose it because of the dilution of their privilege.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:58 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Why would they have zero credibility because they're conservative? Aren't the conservative democrats also against the healthcare plan?
Because they have an agenda and people with agenda's will make the numbers fit said agenda. See Rasmussen for examples..This has nothing to do with a few Dems opposing the current version of the bill witch anybody with a clue understands wont be the last version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
LOL....I am sure YOU are altruistic in that 'making a difference' is more important than your pay...

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
You are sooo right.

In the UK the Doctors practice medicine to treat the patient.
In the current American health system, too many Doctors become Doctors to fill their wallets.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Because they have an agenda and people with agenda's will make the numbers fit said agenda. See Rasmussen for examples..This have nothing to do with a few Dems opposing the current version of the bill witch anybody with a clue understands wont be the last version.
Don't the left have an agenda too?

Do you think THEIR side is full of lies?

Somehow I doubt it.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are sooo right.

In the UK the Doctors practice medicine to treat the patient.
In the current American health system, too many Doctors become Doctors to fill their wallets.
Then why are so many Doctors leaving the UK???

Odd that.

Same with Canada.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If one of these Republican representatives told me today was Tuesday, I wouldn't believe them. .
You deserve reps for that statement. It's the absolute truth about how closed minds work.

THAT is the never ending problem with the left. IF it's fact, and it comes from someone they don't like, they'll dismiss it.

No willingness to consider, think, analyze all that comes before them -- including facts.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Then why are so many Doctors leaving the UK???

Odd that.

Same with Canada.
Funny, because when I lived there, I never waited more than a couple of days to see a doctor, as many operate out of practices.

Besides, the UK has an influx of doctors from places like India (and trust me, they're great doctors).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies