Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

How do all you decent conservatives feel about being represented by such immoral, scary, and disgusting people? Eliminationism at its finest.

There are decent conservatives here, aren't there?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
How do all you decent conservatives feel about being represented by such immoral, scary, and disgusting people? Eliminationism at its finest.

the only person that represents me is me.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:

I'm a conservative, and nobody in this thread "represents" me.

I took a quick look at the OP and went for a walk in the beautiful sunshine to clear my mind and to ponder whether it would be worse to have terminal cancer or to express hatred for someone who did. Then I remembered that I don't really have to decide between those alternatives.

And I was grateful.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Progressive ideals say no.
Statistically the old farts a gonner.
Save the money and buy some carbon credits.

liberalism / cancer. Deadly and progressive.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
the only person that represents me is me.
So whenever I mention something related to race, and you stupidly point out that I live in Idaho, I should just assume that you are a hypocritical doofus, right? Since according to you, nobody is represented by the groups to which he belongs.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:10 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
So whenever I mention something related to race, and you stupidly point out that I live in Idaho, I should just assume that you are a hypocritical doofus, right? Since according to you, nobody is represented by the groups to which he belongs.
Some of us resent being characterized as group members; instead, we take pride in our individuality. Seems that you do, too. So why give everyone else a hard time about it?

When someone posts something as palpably ugly as the OP, you need to remember the old saying about "there but for the grace of God", etc. Be thankful you're who you are. Don't let the negativity get into your head. That's how you lose -- by becoming part of what you despise.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
My jerk filter is becoming full.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Some of us resent being characterized as group members; instead, we take pride in our individuality. Seems that you do, too. So why give everyone else a hard time about it?

When someone posts something as palpably ugly as the OP, you need to remember the old saying about "there but for the grace of God", etc. Be thankful you're who you are. Don't let the negativity get into your head. That's how you lose -- by becoming part of what you despise.
Posts like this OP are degrading to the political environment, and are contributing to the atmosphere that drives the loony wingnuts who start killing people due to their hateful ideology - which they find confirmed on forums such as this. They see their hatred validated by the rantings of Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Beck, Coulter, and others.

It's not enough for you to claim that you are independent. You (if you have decency) will denounce the OP and the other hate-speech mongers on the right, because of the damage it's doing to America. That's all I was asking for.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:43 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I say NO. Somebody go ahead and pull the plug on the fat murdering sack of s___. Do the same for Pelosi, Frank & Dodd as well.

I know what your thinking: "Who am I to make such judgements?". I might ask the same question of our government.

Interesting article:

American Thinker: Does Ted Kennedy deserve his extended cancer care?

I say yes. He is a very important senator and therefore a higher class than the rest of us.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,293,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I say NO. Somebody go ahead and pull the plug on the fat murdering sack of s___. Do the same for Pelosi, Frank & Dodd as well.

I know what your thinking: "Who am I to make such judgements?". I might ask the same question of our government.

Interesting article:

American Thinker: Does Ted Kennedy deserve his extended cancer care?
Karma will get you, you sick, heartless b--stard. Cancer is no joke, regardless of who is suffering from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies