Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 AM

6 posts, read 8,520 times

Advertisements

Wait until the next election. The good people of South Carolina have seen that Sen. Graham has been seduced by the media and its fawning over 'moderates' who abandon the party to further themselves. He has shown his true colors, now we need the voters to show him the door!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 02:33 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud76Patriot View Post
Wait until the next election. The good people of South Carolina have seen that Sen. Graham has been seduced by the media and its fawning over 'moderates' who abandon the party to further themselves. He has shown his true colors, now we need the voters to show him the door!
This doesn't make sense.

No one has answered the question: How is he not a real conservative? Is it simply because he's voting for Sotomayor? If that's the case, then you should prepare to be really angry since it's likely that several other Republicans will be voting for her too.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:49 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud76Patriot View Post
If the people of South carolina elected Andre Bauer as Lt. Gov. instead of demanding he be sent to jail, they'll re-up Graham in a heartbeat.

As long as he has an "R" by his name, they'll believe he's one of them - "R"edneck.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:48 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times
everestclimb (overgeneralizing as usual) wrote;
Quote:
I only ask because you are doing a wonderful Fred Astaire impression of dancing instead of admitting that you and many other libs on here throw out the word racist, usually incorrectly.
I think you are completely wrong about the "throw out the word" and "usually incorrectly". Here are some of the examples of things that I, and others have called racist;

Bork, rejected SC nominee; thought civil rights laws should be overturned, saw nothing wrong with "back of the bus" and "white's only" lunchcounters, was in favor of a poll tax and "voter testing".

Numerous posts on here referring to President Obama as "baboon", "Obongo", his wife Michelle as a "monkey" and a "gorilla"

Jeff Sessions; was rejected for a Federal court seat due to the blatant racism of his 2+ year, multi-million dollar investigation (several million ballots examined) of Black voting irregularities, when he had a record of "poll watching"/intimidation of minority voters. He was also a "great admirer of the KKK, until he found out some of them were pot smokers", also semi-famous for his "show respect to white folks, boy" comment to a black attorney.

The Nixon "southern strategy" which has continued to this day, see Atwater, Lee and Barbour, Haley.

Ronald Reagan (I realize you and all other righties will have to stand and salute when you see his name) and his "welfare mothers driving Cadillacs", and "when I see a big Buck standing around the street corner", comments.

Audra Shay, new President of the Young Republicans, and fave or Bobby Jindal, laughing and saying "you tell em" to a poster on her facebook talking about taking the country back from "these mad coons and illegals".

The race baiting TV ad, "call me, Harold", that was run against Harold Ford in his senate race.

All of these date to fairly recent history, but whenever we point them out we get called racists. That argument doesn't hold any more water than proclaiming that Rs can't be racists because Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

Regarding your argument that it's the Ds that are the party of racists for pointing out the most egregious examples of R racism, it falls into what the kiddie car set on here would classify as "epic fail" whatever the F that means, because I've never seen it apply to anything that wasn't valid.

golfgod

Old 07-23-2009, 07:06 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
The whole post is calling those on the right tolerant of racists which is a insinuation that the right is racist as a whole. Spin it any rediculous way you want (like you will try) but we can all see right through you and him.

Dance away, hogie
Again, golfgod called ONE PERSON racist - Sessions.

But Finalsay did exactly what you accuse golfgod of.

You are a hypocrite, and you apparently can't even understand basic logic.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
And there are literally 1000's of posts by about 20-30 liberals on this site that do that exact same thing

Wait for it.....wait for it.....

And here they are:

Old 07-25-2009, 12:56 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Ronald Reagan (I realize you and all other righties will have to stand and salute when you see his name) and his "welfare mothers driving Cadillacs", and "when I see a big Buck standing around the street corner", comments.
Reagan did make those statements but he was more of a classist than a racist. Just like he was FAR more of a classist/elitist than he was a homophobe. I don't think Reagan was truly racist as he just didn't care about black sensibilities unless said blacks were wealthy and in his social circle. And even then his social circle included very few blacks if any ; the only prominent black celebrity who backed Reagan was James Brown.

Quote:
The race baiting TV ad, "call me, Harold", that was run against Harold Ford in his senate race.
And Harold Ford isn't even a liberal. He's very moderate and on some issues even leans conservative.

For those of you who expect Sotomayor to be a dyed in the wool liberal, BTW, I think you'd be surprised. On some issues she is, but she's definitely a "law and order" type who usually rules in favor of the cops and against criminal defendants. I think she'll be to the liberals what Tony Kennedy is to the conservatives. Expect more 6-3 votes on the new SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies