Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times

Advertisements

It's pretty "stupid" to ASSume that someone acted "stupidly" if you didn't see the action yourself. He's not even in the position to say that BOTH PARTIES were "acting stupidly" because HE WASN'T THERE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 12:23 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
How must the President regard the people of America, that he can simply announce that he didn't say something that the entire country heard him say? And expect people to accept it?

The Cambridge cops aren't the only ones Obama considers "stupid".

Old 07-24-2009, 12:28 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If someone says to me "Karrin, you're stupid, why did you do that?", that's completely different than "Karrin, you acted stupidly". See the difference? Surely you can see the difference, right?
typical liberal spin. Man, you guys work on semantics and twist and turn every word someone says to meet your agenda. They both mean the same thing. Doing something stupid is the exact same thing as acting stupidly. The outcome of both is stupid actions. What 0bama DIDN'T say was that the officer IS stupid as in he's not educated, but he DID say that what he did was stupid, which is NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT! Come on *******s, practice what you preach!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
But allegedly, Professor Gates Goodfellow went into Race Card and Race Baiting mode right from the second the Police Officer asked him for his ID.

Allegedly (and from eye-witness accounts) Professor Gates Goodfellow was behaving like a horses rear end, from the very start. If that was the case, the Police Officer has the right to subdue the horses rear end and arrest him.
He might have been, might have not. I wasn't there so I'm not going to say either way. I'll go ahead and assume Gates was race baiting just for the purpose of proving the following point: race baiting isn't a crime. It's a crime to break into somebody else's house; it's not a crime to be an ******* to a cop. The crime being reported was a burgulary. It was obvious that Gates wasn't burgurlarizing anybody's house so, regardless of whether he was being an ******* or not to the cop, he shouldn't have been arrested.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
I had guy friends in college that were rude to cops and ended up going downtown. You just don't do it. Black or White. Those guys are under tremendous stress.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM

711 posts, read 2,107,950 times
The multi-racial Police Officers union is backing the officer and demanding an apology from Obama.

lol. Lost a few more thousand on this one, El Presidente.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/07/24/officer.gates.arrest/

Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree. I'm guessing what happened is that Gates, like any prominent Harvard professor black or white, has a God complex and started being condescending and insulting toward the cop. These professors are celebrities and if any of you know celebrities they all feel entitled and that they are special. I bet Gates started insulting the cop and the cop probably lost it and just sought to arrest him to retaliate. I still think the cop was wrong and you can't arrest a man because he is insulting you in his own home. But still Gates should have had more sense too.
Exactly. I just said to another poster that Gates may have been rude to the cop. But it's perfectly legal to be an *******. They came to see if Gates was burgularizing somebody else's house and he wasn't. That should have been the end of it. Let's say Gates was being a jerk. Cops should be able to deal with jerks and still maintain a professional attitude. Looking for a reason to arrest someone just because they are being a jerk isn't very professional in my opinion.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 PM

I will say this much about Obama's comment on the Gates situation in spite of the fact that I agree with everything he said; Obama made a mistake. I was watching the conference and when I heard the reporter ask that question I said out loud "what the hell does this have to do with health care." If I was President I would have said I'm not answering your question because the point of this conference is to address the health care reform and your question has nothing to do with that issue. By answering the question Obama lost, because instead of the media talking about his plans to reform health care they are focusing on what he said regarding the Gates situation.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:05 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
I will say this much about Obama's comment on the Gates situation in spite of the fact that I agree with everything he said; Obama made a mistake. I was watching the conference and when I heard the reporter ask that question I said out loud "what the hell does this have to do with health care." If I was President I would have said I'm not answering your question because the point of this conference is to address the health care reform and your question has nothing to do with that issue. By answering the question Obama lost, because instead of the media talking about his plans to reform health care they are focusing on what he said regarding the Gates situation.
The President lost because of the content in what he said.

He could have been unbiased, non-racist, wise and diplomatic and stated that it was premature to comment on that situation, at that time. Considering the lack of difinitive information and evidence, at that time.

Criticizing a Police Officer and Police Force based on conjecture and speculation is grossly foolish and irresponsible. Even moreso when you attatch racial elements to the situation, through your criticism..

Old 07-24-2009, 02:11 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
And now both Zogby and Rasmussen have the colossally ignorant boob's approval rating below 50%.

We need to have a literacy test re-installed to qualify our citizens to vote in national elections. That would produce two important and worthy results:

1. It would guard against the criminality commonly associated with ACORN.

2. As a consequence of #1 we would be assured that an ignoramus like Barack Obama could never steal an election again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies