Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:19 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
And now both Zogby and Rasmussen have the colossally ignorant boob's approval rating below 50%.

We need to have a literacy test re-installed to qualify our citizens to vote in national elections. That would produce two important and worthy results:

1. It would guard against the criminality commonly associated with ACORN.

2. As a consequence of #1 we would be assured that an ignoramus like Barack Obama could never steal an election again.

In all fairness though, "The Other Guy" wasn't that great either. It was a Lose Lose Election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM

785 posts, read 1,049,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
And now both Zogby and Rasmussen have the colossally ignorant boob's approval rating below 50%.

We need to have a literacy test re-installed to qualify our citizens to vote in national elections. That would produce two important and worthy results:

1. It would guard against the criminality commonly associated with ACORN.

2. As a consequence of #1 we would be assured that an ignoramus like Barack Obama could never steal an election again.
So your suggesting that we go back to segregation era repression just because you don't like the guy that we elected? Not only is this unconsitituional, but it is a violation of one's basic democratic rights. Who the hell are you to think you should have rights that others shouldn't have because you have some kind of superiority complex, and think you know better than everybody? I wouldn't want to take away any of the ignoramuses votes that voted for Bush just because I disagree with them; and by the way, I hold a political science degree so therefore it's fair to say that I do know better than the majority. This type of fascist proposal doesn't have any place in a democratic system.

I'll let you in on ACORN's alleged voter fraud as well, and I know quite a bit about this because I've worked in plenty of petition drives, which are very similar to voter registration drives. Groups pay people per signature or per voter reg card to do things like get signatures to qualify propositions and to register voters. ACORN is one of the groups that pays people to register voters. Since these people are getting paid for each voter reg card that they turn in, as opposed to getting a fixed salary, some people who want to get paid without doing the work fill out voter reg forms with false information and forge signatures. Then when they turn these voter reg cards in, ACORN is legally obligated to turn them all in to the county registrar. It was found out that the false voter reg forms were false because the ACORN employee that turned them in said they were false.

And by the way, how is registering Mickey Mouse voter fraud?
So what if Mickey Mouse does get registered. It's not like some guy is going to put on a damn mouse suit and go to the polls talking about, I'm Mickey Mouse and I'm here to vote for Obama. Give me a break! I wasn't born yesterday.

By the way, do have any evidence that Obama won the illiterate vote? If you do, show it to me so that I don't just assume that you are talking out of your ass.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
If someone says to me "Karrin, you're stupid, why did you do that?", that's completely different than "Karrin, you acted stupidly". See the difference? Surely you can see the difference, right?
Seems like we have several people trying for Robert Gibbs job, that of excuse maker for our incompetent, racist president.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
excuse maker for our incompetent, racist president.
Bush isn't president anymore.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 PM

689 posts, read 742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
How must the President regard the people of America, that he can simply announce that he didn't say something that the entire country heard him say? And expect people to accept it?

The Cambridge cops aren't the only ones Obama considers "stupid".
Apparently it's working on some of them...and they are the ones calling people idiots. Red-handed...and they still deny it. I actually had some respect for some of them, but some of those I had some respect for are proving that they will do and say whatever in attempt to show their side is in the right (no matter what). Dumb!

Oh...on a side note...the professor is threatening to sue (or thinking of it). If I were the Sgt., I would counter-sue him. This guy is going to have a heck of a time doing his job from now on. He'll either be "that guy" or "the racist cop".

Last edited by JDTD2.0; 07-24-2009 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: add

Old 07-24-2009, 07:14 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Sorry sunny-days but you are becoming as big a troll as the OP. He said "the police (plural) acted stupidly". I'm truly sorry that you have such a poor grasp of the written word that you cannot intelligently contribute to a discussion. Please don't become a troll like the OP. Or have you already?

golfgod
Please, somebody. . . explain to me why people seem to have a hard time grasping the difference between "is" and "acted".

We all act stupidly, from time to time. . . if you doubt that, just think about the last time you fell in love! To occasioinally act stupid is not the same as being stupid!

Old 07-24-2009, 09:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
I will say this much about Obama's comment on the Gates situation in spite of the fact that I agree with everything he said; Obama made a mistake. I was watching the conference and when I heard the reporter ask that question I said out loud "what the hell does this have to do with health care." If I was President I would have said I'm not answering your question because the point of this conference is to address the health care reform and your question has nothing to do with that issue. By answering the question Obama lost, because instead of the media talking about his plans to reform health care they are focusing on what he said regarding the Gates situation.
Is there any chance that you could tell me what Obama said about his healthcare crap other than what we have isn't working? l I never did see him say anything about the bill but certainly found out a lot about it later on.

I am 76 now and have really been looking forward to getting beyond 85 but it can't happen for me if this law passes. Rationing will be based on age starting with children and going up. I will have to sit through a consultation immediately where I will be told that no more medical treatment will be available to me and that I need to start thinking about ending things so I can get some ease at the end. I get to have one of those consultations, brainwashing sessions, every 5 years just as everybody else 65 or older will have to do.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:04 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Obama is proving to be as slippery as any other politician. No change there.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is there any chance that you could tell me what Obama said about his healthcare crap other than what we have isn't working? l I never did see him say anything about the bill but certainly found out a lot about it later on.

I am 76 now and have really been looking forward to getting beyond 85 but it can't happen for me if this law passes. Rationing will be based on age starting with children and going up. I will have to sit through a consultation immediately where I will be told that no more medical treatment will be available to me and that I need to start thinking about ending things so I can get some ease at the end. I get to have one of those consultations, brainwashing sessions, every 5 years just as everybody else 65 or older will have to do.
First before I start paraphrasing what Obama said, did you see the conference? In case you didn't, here's a link to the whole conference.

YouTube - President Obama's Primetime Press Conference on Health Reform
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies