Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

I'm impressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
I've spent all day researching this birth certificate thing thing. The things I've been able to establish to my satisfaction are-

1.that a birth certificate and a certification of birth (or live birth) are not the same thing
2. that because of Hawaii's weird rules having a certification of live birth from Hawaii does not necessarily mean you were born in Hawaii.
3. that up until about a week ago you could order a copy of your long-form birth-certificate from Hawaii but now they only offer the short-form.
4. that Obama used to work for Annenberg which runs factcheck.org
5. that nothing is stopping Obama from releasing his long-form birth-certificate to the press.
6. that Hawaii officials say they have a birth certificate on file for Obama but won't say if it confirms that he was born in Hawaii.

I don't think any of this proves he was not born in Hawaii but I can understand why so many people are starting to wonder. They wonder why the Pres doesn't just bring out his long-form and do away with the doubt. That he doesn't makes it look suspicious.
I don't have a position on this except I would personally like it NOT to be true.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:25 PM

79 posts, read 43,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I've spent all day researching this birth certificate thing thing. The things I've been able to establish to my satisfaction are-

1.that a birth certificate and a certification of birth (or live birth) are not the same thing
2. that because of Hawaii's weird rules having a certification of live birth from Hawaii does not necessarily mean you were born in Hawaii.
3. that up until about a week ago you could order a copy of your long-form birth-certificate from Hawaii but now they only offer the short-form.
5. that nothing is stopping Obama from releasing his long-form birth-certificate to the press.
6. that Hawaii officials say they have a birth certificate on file for Obama but won't say if it confirms that he was born in Hawaii.

I don't think any of this proves he was not born in Hawaii but I can understand why so many people are starting to wonder. They wonder why the Pres doesn't just bring out his long-form and do away with the doubt. That he doesn't makes it look suspicious.
I don't have a position on this except I would personally like it NOT to be true.
The REPUBLICAN governor of Hawaii said Obama was born in that state and they have the birth certificate. How much more would you like to know? There are copies of his birth certificate and a copy of the announcement in the Hawaii newspaper when he was born. How much more would you like to know?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post

Not necessarily correct. It depens on what they are called in each state.

Only in rare circumstances, and your BC will so state.

Apparently true.

So? Did he also work for snopes and the other "urban legend busters" that have said the same darn thing?

[True. But there is no reason he has to do so, either. No one has ever asked any other president to do so.

Bold faced lie. They have confirmed this. It's been posted on here numerous times. Do a freakin' search!

Right. Where were you doing your "research", (using the term VERY loosely"? Even World Nuts Daily has said he was born in Hawaii.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,640 times
This thread is hilarious. The same folks that waste pathetic energy espousing the jail Cheney threads are so bored with their own lunatic left pathologies that they are incriminating themselves with Obamalore. I see no one much on the right wants to take you on because they couldn't care fing' less about your Micky Mouse lunatic leftist fantacies of conspiracy. Why don't you try self mutilation and see if anyone cares?

What you people don't understand is that Obama is a living, walking, breathing picture of you. He is everything that you are and he will trip over his own tutu soon enough. He is trying to get enough on board the ship of fools to pass health care, cap & trade, and any other lunatic left proposal that will place a marxist blade in the heart of capitalism and put you eventually in the soup line. Like self mutilators, Obama himself is a self mutilator. It is in the genes. Go hug your boss and grab a bullion cube your zen god is heating up the water.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
This thread is hilarious. The same folks that waste pathetic energy espousing the jail Cheney threads are so bored with their own lunatic left pathologies that they are incriminating themselves with Obamalore. I see no one much on the right wants to take you on because they couldn't care fing' less about your Micky Mouse lunatic leftist fantacies of conspiracy. Why don't you try self mutilation and see if anyone cares?

What you people don't understand is that Obama is a living, walking, breathing picture of you. He is everything that you are and he will trip over his own tutu soon enough. He is trying to get enough on board the ship of fools to pass health care, cap & trade, and any other lunatic left proposal that will place a marxist blade in the heart of capitalism and put you eventually in the soup line. Like self mutilators, Obama himself is a self mutilator. It is in the genes. Go hug your boss and grab a bullion cube your zen god is heating up the water.
Lol what? Did this post have a point?

Anyways I'll just take this as an admission that there are a large number of conservatives that are completely insane that they would actually accuse Obama of not being a natural born US citizen.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:10 AM

79 posts, read 43,908 times
There are plenty of conservatives that AREN'T insane, and that don't believe this non sense, unfortunately for the GOP there is enough of the crazy wing to ruin it for the rest. If the GOP ever wants a chance again, they need to purge the religiturds and conspiracy theory losers out of their party.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep Me Amadeus View Post
The REPUBLICAN governor of Hawaii said Obama was born in that state and they have the birth certificate. How much more would you like to know? There are copies of his birth certificate and a copy of the announcement in the Hawaii newspaper when he was born. How much more would you like to know?
Amadeus-
1.Do you have a link for The governor saying Obama was born in the state? I can't seem to find that anywhere. Thanks!
2.I want to know everything I can know by following the clues and making sense of the evidence to my own satisfaction.
3.That is not a copy of his birth certificate. Only Hawaii and Obama have a copy of his birth certificate and neither will show it or say what is on it. Hawaii can't and Obama won't.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:57 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
lets go over this for the 6th time in this thread...to be president a PERSON...now get ready for this DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BORN IN THE UNITED STATES AS LONG AS ONE PARENT IS A US CITIZEN, for example the mother of President Obama.

The nutjobs look at the broad 14th amendment and than make up their own definitions for "natural born citizen" and not look at TITLE 8 section 1401 of the US CODE which tells you who is a natural born citizen according to the LAW of the United States of America

Quote:
Who is a natural-born citizen? Who, in other words, is a citizen at birth, such that that person can be a President someday?

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States *

Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe

Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a
U.S. national(A "national" is a person who is considered under the legal protection of a country, while not necessarily a citizen)

Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:59 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Do you know what the difference is between a pit bull and a birther? A pit bull will let go once it's brain-dead.
LOL

Wish I could rep you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies