Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 PM

79 posts, read 43,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
In the Obama care plan, anyone over 65 needs to meet with an appointed Dr. every 5 yrs to discuss dignity and dying decisions. They will make suggestions and recommendations for you.

This is for everyone, not just people who are sick

So for all of you 65 and over, get ready to be counseled on your "options" and have Uncle Sam make recommendations.
Well if you said so, it must be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,212,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Good flippin' grief.

As several other posters have previously stated, it states that the patient's physician must consult (ie, inform) their 65+ aged patients on all end-of-life healthcare choices IF they have not had such a consultation within 5 years.

What this means, is that the physician, upon looking through the patient's chart and seeing that the last such consult was dated more than 5 years previously, must again provide this information to the patient. They do not have to schedule an appointment per the wording. I take this to mean that they would review the consultation status at each PATIENT-SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT...or possibly telephone the patient.

This is not unlike a physician checking the chart of a child for absence of timely vaccinations, checking the chart of a cancer patient every few years after initial treatment for follow-up care, etc.

The knee-jerk, paranoid reactions to this segment of the bill make no sense to those of us who are actually IN the medical field.
How much of the bill in question have you read? I believe that is the same amount that old Barack has read. That may well be as much as any of our representative have read.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:03 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,729,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How much of the bill in question have you read? I believe that is the same amount that old Barack has read. That may well be as much as any of our representative have read.
It's a slow process, but I'm working my way through it. I think (hope!) I'm at about 60%. It's not the only bill up for impending vote that I've scoured through, nor will it be the last.

And I will indeed read the entire document.

Will you?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Most of the supporters of the health care reform being slammed through by Pelosi and others do not even know what is in this nightmare. So we get herded like sheep according to our afflictions or our age? What compasion, makes me tear up.

I just spent two days at the ER and then the county Burn Ward with my son who set fire to himself. I watched an overcrowded, overburdened bunch of young doctors trying to take care of too many people. Most of the people down at the county facility don't have any insurance and some did appear to be here either with green cards or illegally, but I will not make that assumption based on the inability to speak English alone. The issue is that anyone can and will be treated thanks to the tax payers already. Why we want to screw up this system even more is beyond me. Reducing the salaries of the medical staff and including the treatment of every person creeping into this country will not work. We will have a system of rationing and I suspect most of us will be on the bottom of the list...each according to their need or perhaps worth.
I have read nearly all of this thread and finally find someone who seems to have some idea of what is going on. Let me suggest that you, along with all here who don't know their butt from page 9 about this bill do yourselves a favor and google Ezekiel Emanuel. Those who do this will be reading about the man who I am sure wrote most, if not all, of this bill. Motley, I am sure you will understand what you read about this man and all the libs who have been so busy attacking Jenny will not like what they see and will run from it.

I will soon be around with a bit from a radio show that the libs here will ignore for several reasons but one major one because the host is not one they want to accept as informed. He doesn't know about it but the woman who he talks to and allows to talk has and she has read the whole thing and is pointing out the worst parts of it. You have tried but you are talking to a wall and they won't be accepting any of what you tell them.

Everybody, Google the man, Ezekiel Emanuel. I can tell you that he is officially Obama's main medical person on medical ethics. Read some of what he has written and then try to figure out if he did write the part Jenny talked about. Good luck people like Katiana who reads with understanding, if there are any more in the group.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
It's a slow process, but I'm working my way through it. I think (hope!) I'm at about 60%. It's not the only bill up for impending vote that I've scoured through, nor will it be the last.

And I will indeed read the entire document.

Will you?
I won't need to since he worst parts will be made public, whether the left likes it or not. Actually I am one of the first to get his consultation under this bill that was largely written by Ezekiel Emanuel. I am 76 and in very excellent health for people that old, but they will come for me soon after this thing is passed.

If you are about 60% through it can you please tell us what is on page 425 about those consultations so I can see if my source is lying. I don't think she is.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 PM

Well folks you asked for links and here is one that may put things on the road. Now remember that nobody has read this thing so they can't know what is in it. I think this one tells us part of why we will be shorter on many specialties of medicine very soon after this thing is passed.

CNSNews.com - Midwives Would Be Paid the Same as Doctors Under Provision in Health Care Bill (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51509 - broken link)

Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,263,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I won't need to since he worst parts will be made public, whether the left likes it or not. Actually I am one of the first to get his consultation under this bill that was largely written by Ezekiel Emanuel. I am 76 and in very excellent health for people that old, but they will come for me soon after this thing is passed.

If you are about 60% through it can you please tell us what is on page 425 about those consultations so I can see if my source is lying. I don't think she is.
Roy, that is in my earlier post with the quote from the bill; that is what you are seeking. It came from page 425 and continued for part of page 426. Hope it helps!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,278,971 times
Obama a chain smoker most his life is telling us how to run our lives.

Like he said, if you are 65 and ill, just take a pain pill and you will be just fine.

No need to spend wasted money on you as you are old.

Something tells me this has something to do with his mother who he said was on welfare and did not get taken care of and then changed it to another lie that her insurance company denied her care because of pre existing conditions.

Which way was it? She was on welfare or had insurance? He has told them both.

He needs to stay out of the health care industry, his job is to not police that area at all. He has far more important things to do.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,639,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Thanks to Emerlamaiden, we have a link. It requires advance planning consultation IF, IF, IF, IF the patient has not done so in the past 5 years. If you have an advance directive that is more than 5 years old. IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF, IF. What part of IF do some of you not understand?

No one is required to go to a "consultation" every 5 years. You are just required to update your plans if it has been more than 5 years. Why is this a good idea? Because circumstances change. Your spouse might be your POA, and s/he is no longer alive to do so, etc.
Umm... little bit of double speak there wouldn't you say. By your own admission, you are required to update your plan if it has been over 5 years. Thus, there is a requirement. The "IF" you are referring too has no bearing, because it refers to the 5 year time limit. You have to do this "if" it has been 5 years. There should be no directives at all when it comes to your person. There is no room in a truly free country for this type of control that they plan to exert over the populace. Obama's plan is simply not a good one. It isn't even real healthcare reform, it's insurance reform. Just another attempt by our government, not just Obama, to seize control of the very bodies we inhabit. If we are to be put on a socialized healthcare plan, then let's come up with something that doesn't turn the government into my insurance provider/warden. Because the current plan will reform nothing except the American way of life.

Old 07-25-2009, 12:09 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,639,486 times
Default Any of you read much Orwell?

Because I swear, with all the "newspeak" and double talk floating through the media and str8 from the mouths of our leaders, you would think we lived in Oceania. But seriously people, there is an agenda playing out before us, and we must try to look past petty differences and really see the bigger picture that is coming together before our eyes. We are on our way to being "comrades", all working under the watchful eye of a loving government. With giant pics of "Big Brother" on every corner, we will praise our leaders for providing us with euthanasia for the elderly and military service for our young. We will live in a state of constant war, our military always abroad in order to keep the majority of our trained fighting forces away from home where they will not see the extent of the corruption and destruction of our great democratic nation. But oh God, "I love Big Brother"

We are rapidly becoming the farm animals, who work and work and do with less and less. While the pigs live in the farm house and eat all the apples, we are in the barn, cold, living off of scraps. One phrase from the book comes clearly to mind. "All "animals" are created equal, but some are more equal than others" Sort of like how our representatives don't even want to include themselves in this national healthcare farce. Don't let them get away with this. It is just another move towards abject humiliation and virtual slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies