Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you sick and tired of the Sarah palin threads since she's no longer a public figure?
Yes, enough already, internet stalking is not cool and she's no longer a politician 39 66.10%
No, I can't get enough of her, the more Sarah threads, the better 20 33.90%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:02 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I used to live in Alaska, but the obsession with her is important to me from a sociological perspective. I almost never post in the 10-12 threads about her a day that Dukester posts, because they're redundant, mean spirited and not relevant to me at all. This thread is specifically to gauge if other people feel the same as me. By the way, if you look at the poll results, only 1 liberal to my knowledge, Casper, has answered "yes" and I appreciate his non partisan honesty. Everyone thus far to my knowledge that answered no, is a liberal. To me that is shameful, since she has no bearing whatsoever on any of our lives except idf we reside in Alaska.
I would give your response more credence if you posted a similar thread about all the hatefilled threads about the POTUS made by 2-3 members. Some are relevant, I agree, some, based on the thread titles, are just trolling. I don't open the majority of Obama threads.

Then on the other hand, Palin is entertaining as all get out!! No one has to go looking for anything about her, she puts herself in front of every camera and opens her mouth for every mic (kinda remids me what a prostitute does for a john). As long as she does that, we're going to talk about her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
Dukester makes about 1-12 threads a day about her and she's no longer a politician. It's obsessively stalkeresque and I wanted to gauge the board here to see if I'm in the majority or minority. I'm hoping that enough people regardless of political persuasion will say, "enough is enough" with the Palin stuff. Btw, you didn't vote.
as long as she opens up her pie hole she is open game. sounds like you might have a little thing going on with her...

Old 07-24-2009, 01:45 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Then on the other hand, Palin is entertaining as all get out!!
This is true...as well as the fact that Palin quite obviously does NOT want to be out of the public eye. (Forget about what she says; observe her actions!)

Old 07-24-2009, 01:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Me too, and if a poll asked that I would say "yes." However, only 1 yes in this poll came from a liberal. What does that tell you?
It ONLY thing it tells you is that ONE liberal responded to your skewed poll.

That's ALL it means...anything else is a product of your imagination.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
She stops being a public figure when she stops putting herself out there, which she hasn't.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
as long as she opens up her pie hole she is open game. sounds like you might have a little thing going on with her...
You sound like a mercenary. You don't live in Alaska, so why is she even relevant to you. Do you know what kind of a reputation you have here because of your pathological obsession?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:59 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,209,457 times
Quote:
You sound like a mercenary. You don't live in Alaska, so why is she even relevant to you. Do you know what kind of a reputation you have here because of your pathological obsession?
No, tell me about my reputation? Judging by the other posters on this thread I am not alone...

Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Oh yeah? You can assume that if you'd like. And I know he'll now cop out of what he said. But I was just going by what he typed.

Way to rush to the rescue, though.
Good to know that your elementary comprehension skills don't bother you. I'd feel bad for you otherwise.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
part of the obsessioin is jealousy. palin was presented by the media as being some sort of "hottie." although I don't find her the least bit attactive, older liberal women used this as fuel for their irrational hatred. if you (media) tell an aging liberal woman that someone is hot, the result is some sort of super catfight:
What a quaint 19th century backwards sexist thing to say....and men don't like her because.....????

Men in here rant about how horrible Obama is because....???

Old 07-24-2009, 03:45 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It ONLY thing it tells you is that ONE liberal responded to your skewed poll.

That's ALL it means...anything else is a product of your imagination.
Noooo, everyone who said that they still want to read Palin threads, despite her being completely irrelevant were liberals, no conservatives, yet only one liberal said that enough was enough with the Palin threads, the rest were conservative.

And how is my poll skewed? Either your sick of the Palin threads, or you want them to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies