Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I'm going to take a page out of the CD blogger translation book here and translate.

I just watched a clip of Limbaugh's radio show from yesterday where he called the President "A Black Militant"

Wow...
The dittoheads say "Rush is right, Rush is right, Rush is right". If Rush says something, it is the undeniable truth, because Rush is a "smart" man. Your screename proves that you are also a black militant, please stop trying to play the race card!

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-24-2009 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: hotlinking is not permitted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
I'm going to take a page out of the CD blogger translation book here and translate.

I just watched a clip of Limbaugh's radio show from yesterday where he called the President "A Black Militant"

Wow...
I don't know, Proud, Black Liberation Theology seems pretty militant to me. Wright was a proponent of BLT and a desciple of James Cone. Obama not only belonged to Wright's church for a long time, he was good friends with him. Obama could no more disown Wright than he could disown his own white grandmother. Wright married the Obamas and baptised their children.

Cone, Wright, Obama. Give us a break here with the Wright is not anti-white rhetoric. Apparently Obama agrees with Wright and BLT.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:02 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I don't know what Oprah's real intentions were for leaving..maybe her carreer, but at least she left. Oprah is in my opinion not helping the black course so much, because everytime she makes a step to talk about all people being equal she decides to hold a black something event...if you want all races to be equal, than don't label an event and just invite people!

Can you list the events/affairs that Oprah has held? Then list the names of the people that attended. Every event that has been publicized by Oprah has had a diverse "in crowd". I'm not a Oprah fan to be honest, but your statement is misleading and without facts. And what is the "black course"?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I guess i'll have to pose this question to you as well, because no one else that made that statement has been able to answer or provide the information.

With the exception of the two video's, (1 where he ranted against america and the other where he ranted against blacks), where is any documentation or information that indicates this was Jeremiah's pattern for 20 years?

Everyone seemed to focus on the one sermon, but nothing to say about the one where he was brutal in his sermon against blacks. Why is that?
No, not one or two sermons. Those plus his web site especially before he changed it and he is a proponent of Black Liberation Theology and a desciple of James Cone. That's pretty radical stuff. Perhaps militant is not too much of a stretch.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
The dittoheads say "Rush is right, Rush is right, Rush is right". If Rush says something, it is the undeniable truth, because Rush is a "smart" man. Your screename proves that you are also a black militant, please stop trying to play the race card!
I guess I have to give you the same statement.

"If my screen name offends you because I'm proud of who I am and proud of my culture, then that is an issue that you need to deal with on your own...If YOU are not proud of who you are and your culture then you need to handle that with your GOD if you believe in one".

I guess you could be added to the list.......when you have nothing inteligent to add, resort to childish, personal rants and include colorful pictures. Grow UP.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:

Wow...
and............... what is your point ?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No, not one or two sermons. Those plus his web site especially before he changed it and he is a proponent of Black Liberation Theology and a desciple of James Cone. That's pretty radical stuff. Perhaps militant is not too much of a stretch.

I'm sure there are more than two highly charged sermons, but again, this man has ranted about America, Ignorant blacks (yes, ignorant blacks), white america, hispanics ALL in his sermons, but the only one that EVERYONE focus on is the one where he stated GD america.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I'm sure there are more than two highly charged sermons, but again, this man has ranted about America, Ignorant blacks (yes, ignorant blacks), white america, hispanics ALL in his sermons, but the only one that EVERYONE focus on is the one where he stated GD america.
I think it was more like 3 or 4 different sermons but I get your point. They were all his anti-white sermons. I've not heard any other sermons but I am familiar with Black Liberation Theology and James Cone. BLT puts Wright squarely into the anti-white box and perhaps by extention Obama. I don't think those sermons misrepresented wright and his views.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
I live not far from Cape Girardeau, and it's in a racist area of Missouri, just as I live in a very racist part of Illinois. It's no surprise to me that Limbaugh would appeal to the basest elements of human nature. He is a rotting albatross around America's neck, and an embarrassment to the nation as his harangues are heard in other countries. Experts on the Middle East have stated that the election of President Obama has negated a major fundamentalist Muslim recruiting tool...America's racism. Leave it to an uneducated bigot like Limbaugh to give our enemies proof that racism is alive and well in America. The longer the GOP goes without cutting him loose adds credence to the belief that they represent only whites, and diminishes their ability to recruit new members that do not fit that demographic. Suicide by obsolescence.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I think it was more like 3 or 4 different sermons but I get your point. They were all his anti-white sermons. I've not heard any other sermons but I am familiar with Black Liberation Theology and James Cone. BLT puts Wright squarely into the anti-white box and perhaps by extention Obama. I don't think those sermons misrepresented wright and his views.

I'm not defending Wright at all, I have no respect for ANYONE that use the pullpit to negatively charged information. I don't go to church to hear how messed up parents are, or what the white, spanish or black man did to the other. Church service is to hear the word in the Bible not the word according to someone else's disgust with the environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies