Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 06:30 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

And uh...yeah, like they followed her when the preacher guy made the big donation to the villagers along the Yukon last winter....uh huh, Ray. I'll send ya a new toy top for your birthday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 06:48 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And uh...yeah, like they followed her when the preacher guy made the big donation to the villagers along the Yukon last winter....uh huh, Ray. I'll send ya a new toy top for your birthday.
I am not making things up. The national news networks are already in Fairbanks setting up for this weekend.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I am not making things up. The national news networks are already in Fairbanks setting up for this weekend.
Where did I say you made it up? She's ratings right now. Publicity stunts sometimes work that way.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
I trust you'll be there?

Sadly, I'll have to miss the big event.
I am not certain if I will be there. The whole town will probably be there, since there is food and all kinds of things available to the public. I would not mind going to take a few photos, or maybe getting my photo taken next to her, but more than likely the press will be surrounding her.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
My title says it all. I'm a simple guy, with a simple question. I live in SC, our disgrace of a governor Mark Sanford is relevant to me, all 49 others have no bearing on my life whatsoever. So again, why would a state governor of a state that you don't reside in have any relevance to you at all? Thanks
He doesn't for the most part but when they start trying to steal our water from us in Georgia, we will fight! That is OUR water and we decide who gets what of it!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I am not certain if I will be there. The whole town will probably be there, since there is food and all kinds of things available to the public. I would not mind going to take a few photos, or maybe getting my photo taken next to her, but more than likely the press will be surrounding her.
That free food should draw them in. Will they be serving turkey sandwiches do you think?

I would think you'd damn near die and float to heaven if you got a personal photo op with her. Just think of the photochop opportunities that would provide for you Probably just as well for your poor wife that you keep your distance....wouldn't want her to dent her frying pan on your head again.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Where did I say you made it up? She's ratings right now. Publicity stunts sometimes work that way.
When she was elected governor, she did the same in Fairbanks. The new governor will be sworn-in in Fairbanks this weekend. I have no idea if it's a stunt or not, but the food served should be just fine.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
That free food should draw them in. Will they be serving turkey sandwiches do you think?

I would think you'd damn near die and float to heaven if you got a personal photo op with her. Just think of the photochop opportunities that would provide for you Probably just as well for your poor wife that you keep your distance....wouldn't want her to dent her frying pan on your head again.
I believe that there will be BBQ grills going all day, so maybe hamburgers, hot dogs, and such. There will be too many people there for me to be able to take a few photos of her. Besides, the major networks will be in my way. Hmmm... I do have a 400mm lens for my camera, and this camera can see through clothing Maybe i can climb a tree and takes photos from there

My wife and I (plus our dog) will probably be going on a long drive down the Richardson this weekend.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
sonrise wrote; (regarding boompa's post regarding the C Street gang)
Quote:
I honestly have no idea what you just wrote. I feel as if I need to use an English to Boompa, Boompa to English dictionary
You have no idea what boompa was writing about C Street? It seems odd that someone who's questioning people following the careers of "other" governors has no knowledge of one of the (many) scandals regarding his own governor.

golfgod

Old 07-24-2009, 08:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Do you remember Paul Harvey and "the rest of the story." I like the way your South Carolina Governor handles himself outside of his personal life. He was really looking like presidental material to me. I wonder how the extra activities began in his life. Did the other "lady" know he was married with a family. So many questions and so little knowledge. My wish is that his family can be restored and that he will realize what he almost lost. Life isn't all about ego and some people have to swallow their pride for the sake of others. I think he did a good job choosing the first wife and hope he learns to appreciate her. She certainly has more character than the "other woman."

We watch what happens in some states because they seem to trickle down into other states.
It would have been easy for her to find out with a mere google search. Since she's a reporter, I'm sure she has the skills. Don't blame her entirely, and don't diss her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies