Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 08:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This has ALWAYS been the goal of obama and the liberals. They don't have the balls to actually say it though. They know the public would NEVER go for it.
Single payer health care has been shouted from the rooftops by many liberals. Many are for it and don't have a problem promoting it.

BTW, having the "balls" to do something is very sexist. Why don't you recognize all the brave things women have done?

Having backbone and courage is uni-sex.

Year: 2009, not 1809.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 09:00 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,859 times
Quote:
Just a thought for you to ponder; What do you think government run HC will be doing?
first thing it would do is put regulation up the insurers asses !!

secondly, it puts the onus on the government to cut pork from the barrel, since they are the ones holding the puck....

they cant blame the insurers any more....same with banking , shut down the Feds and run the finance sector.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 AM

439 posts, read 443,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I find it fascinating how deeply people who otherwise consider themselves pro-life will defend corrupt insurance companies that decide people's very lives based on whether it is profitable or not.

The alternative may not be perfect, but it certainly is the more morally pro-life position.
Taking away people's choice of health coverage is not 'more morally pro-life'.

Besides paying for abortions with public taxes, pushing euthanasia on the elderly , the single payer monopoly that Obama wants will ration health care based on cost.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I find it fascinating how deeply people who otherwise consider themselves pro-life will defend corrupt insurance companies that decide people's very lives based on whether it is profitable or not.

The alternative may not be perfect, but it certainly is the more morally pro-life position.
I agree with you to a point. The anti-abortion philosophy is full of contradictions. A babies life is important but not the sick or poor. I am a huge proponent of single payer coverage. The business man in me knows a combination of tax reform and single payer makes financial sense. But I'm not sure that I would want to see abortions as part of the package. Maybe it could be part of a private supplemental policy.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Taking away people's choice of health coverage is not 'more morally pro-life'.

Besides paying for abortions with public taxes, pushing euthanasia on the elderly , the single payer monopoly that Obama wants will ration health care based on cost.
Taking away what choice?

Please show where UHC would take away choice.

There will be no monopoly....people will have the CHOICE to use private health insurance or public..there will be COMPETITION which is GOOD for keeping health care insurance down in price..please try to discover facts for yourself and quit reading bumper stickers.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:20 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,085,088 times
Quote:
This has ALWAYS been the goal of obama and the liberals. They don't have the balls to actually say it though. They know the public would NEVER go for it.
I've been a proponent of a single payer system or straight forward universal healthcare for years, in fact, I'm disappointed that Obama isn't for it in the same manner I am. It is my hope that we get there eventually.

Actually, from what I've been reading, we should look at the system they have in Germany, it seems to be a pretty good one.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:32 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
But I'm not sure that I would want to see abortions as part of the package. Maybe it could be part of a private supplemental policy.
Funny you should mention restrictions, but that seems to be the complaints about UHC.

If its NOT emergency or life-threatening, the system wont allow you into the system to rort taxpayers.

the Canadian fat woman complaining about a brain tumour, well thats NOT UHC system's fault. The doctors just couldnt find anything wrong with her to justify spending all that money on a test...NOT the SYSTEM'S fault, train better doctors or sue the doctors, or medical science, it's NOT UHC per se.

Abortion (illegal in Oz) and comestic surgery would never be allowed in countries like Australia.

You go pay for it yourselves.

UHC is "minimum wage" for health.....not comestics

Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He might be acting like we will have a choice and no one is going to lose their current health care if they like it. Well, the snake oil salesman is at it again!
Me too. Single payer is the way to go.

Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
He might be acting like we will have a choice and no one is going to lose their current health care if they like it. Well, the snake oil salesman is at it again!
Well I sure as hell wish he would stop pretending and get on with it!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:28 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,143 times
If people knew what this bill really means for them, they would be yelling and protesting it. Well,except the Obama lovers on city data. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies