Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 05:09 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times

Advertisements

Obamas Lease Vacation Estate

Still more proof of The Obama's grand sense of entitlement. Going on Vaction AGAIN! been in office for 6 months, and this is what...his 4th vacation? Ridiculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 05:11 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,575 times
Welcome to 10hours ago...he is going when Congress is on recess and no work gets done

and this will be his first vacation. Going to a G8 summit is not a vacation.

destroying the bs posted by the rightwing nutjobs, all day baby.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:28 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You make an outstanding point, elston.

When Nixon was President over $12 million was spent in "security upgrades" for his San Clememte property alone to accommodate the Secret Service who had to have command posts there with a state-of-the-art communications center.
Not to mention the fact that Nixon moved to NJ and sold the house with the upgrades, making a tidy profit.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
Obama is only for change for others and when he talks about hope....OMG...this is just the beginning!

Old 07-25-2009, 05:48 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

Still more proof of The Obama's grand sense of entitlement. Going on Vaction AGAIN! been in office for 6 months, and this is what...his 4th vacation? Ridiculous!

lol...I bet you're going to tell us how many days President Bush worked next, hunh?

A follows B....in America we Work, then Vacation.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Haha! So JEALOUS! I thought you righties Worshipped as Your God the wealthy!
Now, here's two wealthy people who EARNED their money, worked their way up ...and you resent it??
Haha! Eat your heart out....

It cost a teeny tiny fraction of what the Cheney/Bush war in Iraq cost.
how did he EARN a multi million dollar mansion in a ritzy chicago neighborhood with all those student loans working where he was at the time?

maybe he saved money from not paying his 17 parking tickets from the Cambridge Police dept?

Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
you just said other presidents have done this, which they have, and are making a big deal out of it.

nothing wrong with renting a vacation home.
short attention span or improper reading skills? there's a difference between attending a dinner and renting it for a week.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:10 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Haha! So JEALOUS! I thought you righties Worshipped as Your God the wealthy!
Now, here's two wealthy people who EARNED their money, worked their way up ...and you resent it??
Haha! Eat your heart out....

It cost a teeny tiny fraction of what the Cheney/Bush war in Iraq cost.
Sort of mixing some issues there aren't you. I guess we should throw the 800 billion dollar stimulus package into the debate as well. But anyway, who cares. I like to rent a vacation spot whenever I have the extra cash. My budget is slightly more limited than his though. But me and my family spent an awesome 4 days in the NC mountains last year. The home rented for 1000/week and it was awesome. We only paid $750 for the 4 days. I don't think I would know what to do in a home that rented for 35,000 to 50,000 a week. As nice as my cheap vacation home was, they probably won't ever have to leave the house.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:49 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
[i]The Obama family will pay its own way for a one-week getaway at the end of August, and it's not cheap: Rents reportedly run from $35-$50,000 a week for similar homes.

While it may seem elitist in mid-recession to turn up at an exclusive resort, consider this: The Secret Service rejected some 20 other vacation spots before Blue Heron Farm got the seal of approval.[/I]

Old 07-25-2009, 07:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

He went to Chicago once for a weekend. Ditto NYC. Probably didn't spend 48 hours away either time. He went to the G8 summit and the 65th anniversary of D-Day. Would you have rather the US not be represented at these events. And it is SOP to take one's family, and sometimes even one's extended family along. There is plenty of precedent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama is only for change for others and when he talks about hope....OMG...this is just the beginning!
Oh, for G**'s sake! He didn't say he was going to change everything. Taking the person out of it, do you think the POTUS does not deserve a 'vacation'. He will still be on 24 hr call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
how did he EARN a multi million dollar mansion in a ritzy chicago neighborhood with all those student loans working where he was at the time?

maybe he saved money from not paying his 17 parking tickets from the Cambridge Police dept?
He made some money selling his books. Screw the traffic tickets. I'm sick of such a big deal being made of such trivial drivel (not dribble, as so many have posted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
short attention span or improper reading skills? there's a difference between attending a dinner and renting it for a week.
Huh? Whose money is he spending? Did you see the post about what the secret service would approve? Do you think the POTUS should not have a vacation? Or do you think it's OK for all of them except Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies