Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Faux News says Obama is bad.
What in the heck does that have to do with Blanche Lincoln? Are we now debating Obama or are we trying to figure out our senator and her views on a subject that is very close to all of us??/

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 03:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What in the heck does that have to do with Blanche Lincoln? Are we now debating Obama or are we trying to figure out our senator and her views on a subject that is very close to all of us??/

Nita
Senator Lincoln is part of the group of democrats that is now being called the "Blue Cross" Democrats.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Senator Lincoln is part of the group of democrats that is now being called the "Blue Cross" Democrats.
The comment about Obama and Fox news still has nothing to do with Lincoln. By the way, many who are opposed to any form of socialized med. are turning on her as they think she will support it..We will see.

Nita

Old 07-30-2009, 10:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
The comment about Obama and Fox news still has nothing to do with Lincoln. By the way, many who are opposed to any form of socialized med. are turning on her as they think she will support it..We will see.

Nita
That was the other poster. Not me.

Medicare is socialized medicine. People seem to be in favor of that.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That was the other poster. Not me.

Medicare is socialized medicine. People seem to be in favor of that.
yes, but it something we pay into. At this point Obama wants to give everyone health care with many not paying anything. That is a bit difrferent. Also remember if you have nothing but medicare you have a pretty sizable deductable and pay for many things. That is why most of us have sup as well. Of course one thing that is now being talked about is the cutting of medicare benefits if we do go along with Obamas plan. What they will cut, who knows as none of us are going to read the entire bill. In fact our elected officials will not read it. I wonder how many realize many seniors can not even find a doctor that will take medicare patients right now or they limiit taking new patients to one or two per month. What do you think will happen if we go with government sponsored health care?

Nita

Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
yes, but it something we pay into. At this point Obama wants to give everyone health care with many not paying anything. That is a bit difrferent. Also remember if you have nothing but medicare you have a pretty sizable deductable and pay for many things. That is why most of us have sup as well. Of course one thing that is now being talked about is the cutting of medicare benefits if we do go along with Obamas plan. What they will cut, who knows as none of us are going to read the entire bill. In fact our elected officials will not read it. I wonder how many realize many seniors can not even find a doctor that will take medicare patients right now or they limiit taking new patients to one or two per month. What do you think will happen if we go with government sponsored health care?

Nita
Can you show me a link where it says people will get health care without paying for it? My understanding was that the government would offer a health insurance public option where people can PAY AFFORDABLE RATES every month to insure themselves or their family...maybe I am wrong.

I pay into Medicare right now out of every paycheck I receive, why can't I receive Medicare? Oh because I'm under 65...how ageist.

I understand Medicare isn't perfect but I think a public option would help a lot of people.

I would like for insurance companies to not be able to deny people for pre-existing conditions (and some of the pre-existing conditions they deny people for are pretty stupid: acne, chickenpox, hayfever, etc.). I would like for people to not have their insurance taken away retroactively all because the insurance company doesn't want to pay for their treatment/surgery/exam/etc (isn't that why we have insurance in the first place??)

I am not sure why so many people are quick to blame Obama... Congress has to pass the bill when it comes down to it so I would blame my representative depending on how they voted rather than the President. At the end of the day the power rests with them......or the lobbyists, however you prefer to look at it.

Have you seen the movie Sicko?

Old 07-31-2009, 10:17 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Do you really want to open that Pandora's Box?

Old 07-31-2009, 11:30 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Do you really want to open that Pandora's Box?
I can truely belive we have some Michael Moore fans among us.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
I can truely belive we have some Michael Moore fans among us.
Rog, you are so right. I wish people could open their eyes to both sides.

Nita

ps post of us have said, yes, we know changes need to be made, a few others say, only one way will work. There is no compromising..

Nita

Old 07-31-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Can you show me a link where it says people will get health care without paying for it? My understanding was that the government would offer a health insurance public option where people can PAY AFFORDABLE RATES every month to insure themselves or their family...maybe I am wrong.

I pay into Medicare right now out of every paycheck I receive, why can't I receive Medicare? Oh because I'm under 65...how ageist.

I understand Medicare isn't perfect but I think a public option would help a lot of people.

I would like for insurance companies to not be able to deny people for pre-existing conditions (and some of the pre-existing conditions they deny people for are pretty stupid: acne, chickenpox, hayfever, etc.). I would like for people to not have their insurance taken away retroactively all because the insurance company doesn't want to pay for their treatment/surgery/exam/etc (isn't that why we have insurance in the first place??)

I am not sure why so many people are quick to blame Obama... Congress has to pass the bill when it comes down to it so I would blame my representative depending on how they voted rather than the President. At the end of the day the power rests with them......or the lobbyists, however you prefer to look at it.

He stated from the beginning everyone would be covered. I think that takes in those who can not pay..What do you mean, putting the blame on Obama? He is the one that ran on medical care for everyone, as well as other liberal stands.

Do I think premiums are too high and keep going up? Sure I do, do I think the cost of medical care has gotten out of hand, she I do. Do I want a totally government run program, NO I do not.

If you are not going to blame him for passing or trying to pass health reform, I guess you certainly can not blame Bush for the war, right?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies