Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 10:56 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Isn't "I'll buy you a beer" a pretty universal code for " I'll be the one to reach out, let's have a conversation and straighten this misunderstanding out, man to man"?

Elitist. Next thing you know, he'll put out arugula as snacks.
I'm not looking to be offended, as I am already offended enough for the next four years. Furthermore, my post was an attempt to show (albeit tongue-in-cheek) about how anything can be twisted by anybody, and the complete irony of inviting an Irish, Boston cop over for a beer to mend an issue that dealt with racial profiling to begin with. Maybe Obama himself has subconscious issues to deal with.

My biggest concern with Obama (other than his clearly Marxist ideology) is that fact that he is so darn hypocritical. It is offensive.

I have more respect for Obama's preacher than I do for Obama - at least he is consistent in his ideology. I don't agree with what he says, but I respect his right to be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 10:57 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Wow, are you really that overly sensitive?

Not in the least.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:00 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I caught that, too. What I found to be really over the top was when he said to the cop, "come on over in your Paddy Wagon, O'Crowley, and I'll get my dawg Gates to join us for a beer." He could have been more culturally sensitive and offered a pint of ale.
Ha!

(Reps to you)

Old 07-25-2009, 11:02 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Seriously, think about the hypocrisy.

SurnameDB: O'crowley surname meaning

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.

racial? nah being irish is racial but rather cultural or nationality is it racist if a englishman invited an american over for a hamburger, hot dogs and fries. or do americans not have a sense of disrespect as to when americans disrespect other nationalities in america its seen as racist

guess not.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:05 AM

what the cop was A BLACK GUY WITH A IRISH SURNAME would this be an issue nah.....u got to be foolish if u think obama researched the subject name and invited him over for beers and so what if he invited snoop over for a 40, its still beer.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Obama knows what he needs to do;thyey poice sadfi it pali and simple in there press meetting. But I reallt doubt even that will build back trust.Ltes see his administrtion puts out memo that veterans need to be watch because they are likely terroist. Then he say he doesn't kn9w anyhting about the incident but thew police made asted stupidly. Then he has admited tot eh press that he has a bias aginst the police.
Um.....wha? Seems as though your contemplation of the Obama/Crowley beer debacle has driven you to knock back a few yourself. Just be sure to give your keys to your designated driver.

(pssst - Spellchecker - Online Spell Check Form)

Old 07-25-2009, 11:07 AM

even me dont give a rats ass about surnames because we as black people have various european ethnic surnames and dont think 1nce about them....

the only surnames that gets paid attention are latin surnames(barely french), spanish, italian, andorran etc etc. anything that isnt seen as american

Old 07-25-2009, 11:16 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
Quote:

I guess all Boston, Irish cops are nothing more than beer drinking thugs. Talk about profiling. Why not invite him over for glass of wine? A martini? What would the media say if he publically invited Snoop Dog over for a couple of 40's?

I've said it before, and I will say it again: it is amateur hour at the White House.
Give me a [MOD CUT/language] with this nonsense.......the Obama haters are at it again!! He is the president so the HATERS need to get over it. He did not create the screwed up economy we are in right now.........the white presidents before him did. Then people say racism in America does not exist like it used too!!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-25-2009 at 03:09 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 11:20 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I'm not looking to be offended, as I am already offended enough for the next four years.
Run a better candidate next time. In the meantime, I guess you'll have to cry in your - wait, can't say that - cry in the non-stereotypical beverage of your choice, with no implications made on said beverage matching your ethnicity.

Quote:
Furthermore, my post was an attempt to show (albeit tongue-in-cheek) about how anything can be twisted by anybody, and the complete irony of inviting an Irish, Boston cop over for a beer to mend an issue that dealt with racial profiling to begin with.
I thought you righties disliked all that PC crap? So your post is tongue-in-cheek, but you still think the issue is real?

Quote:
My biggest concern with Obama (other than his clearly Marxist ideology) is that fact that he is so darn hypocritical.
He's arguing that a violent overthrow of the existing order leading to a phase of the dictatorship of the proletariat, eventually developing into Communism, is inevitable? Haven't noticed that.

Old 07-25-2009, 11:24 AM

79 posts, read 43,884 times
Quote:

If he invited him over for Grey Goose Martini with blue cheese stuffed olives you would have called him an elitist. I'd suggest you get a life....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies