Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sorry that I haven't seen what you are talking about. Keep trying as someday I will figure it out if you keep explaining so well.
Um. did you read the article you posted. It is below the poll results where Rasmussen explains methodology. Put your cursor over the highlighted area that reads "Party affiliation" and a pie graph will pop up. Showing voters 72/169M Dems 55/169M Reps and 42/169M Ind. Then use the % key on a standard calculator to find the %s of this fractions. A paragraph or so later is shows the weighing of the poll at 39% D 32.5% R and 28.5% I. Its not that hard to find.

EDIT: and while there are varying estimates of party afffilation in the US. like this one
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_03_03.pdf (broken link)

Rasmussen consistently low balls democrats and high balls republican party aff. estimates in their polls. Rasmussen generally is around 3% more republican in its rep/dem weighting then the national average.

Last edited by Randomstudent; 07-25-2009 at 05:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times
Rasmussen sure did a good job discrediting themselves..what a tools.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
it doesnt matter how they do it....the pressure finally got to them and now they admitted that they are picking and choosing who to include.
Would you please show me where they admitted to what you say they admitted to? For some reason I don't read with lib spin so I didn't manage to see that part. I kind of wish I could read like you do to simplify everything for me, but I just can't do it.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Um. did you read the article you posted. It is below the poll results where Rasmussen explains methodology. Put your cursor over the highlighted area that reads "Party affiliation" and a pie graph will pop up. Showing voters 72/169M Dems 55/169M Reps and 42/169M Ind. Then use the % key on a standard calculator to find the %s of this fractions. A paragraph or so later is shows the weighing of the poll at 39% D 32.5% R and 28.5% I. Its not that hard to find.

EDIT: and while there are varying estimates of party afffilation in the US. like this one
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_03_03.pdf (broken link)

Rasmussen consistently low balls democrats and high balls republican party aff. estimates in their polls. Rasmussen generally is around 3% more republican in its rep/dem weighting then the national average.
I guess you really are a student and I guess you are repeating some crap from some left leaning professor? Is that right?

Since you think that Rasmussen is so far off then surely their 51% against Obama and 48% for him would become the other way around. Right?

I find it very left handed to want to discuss methodology and not care to discuss the numbers. That shows pure left handed twisting of whatever is there to twist.

What do you think about the -9 that will go double digits tomorrow morning. They go to great pains all the time to explain their methodology to get at that number and lefties never discuss that. I suppose you never look at the numbers for the month to see that he grew to -7 and -8 and hasn't got away from that yet. Now those numbers are based on those who strongly support The Man and those who are strongly against him. I don't like those choices since they also ask about somewhat supporting or not liking and get their 48% number for acceptance from that.

Jeez, lets discuss the numbers and stop saying that they are twisting them when actually it is you.

I got a real kick out of hearing Rush say the other evening that the media, all those who aren't right leaning, has become nothing but stenographers for Rahm Emanuel in their desire to save Obama from losing out on all these things. Did you understand those words enough to twist them to fit your agenda?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
Rasmussen sure did a good job discrediting themselves..what a tools.
You haven't explained that discrediting yet. I suppose it is too much to ask you to explain it though.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:30 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
yeah yeah the good old conservative Rasmussen poll.....figures.
Rasmussen himself is a right wing Republican but I have to say that the polls his company does do tend to be fairly accurate from what I have seen. But they might be more right wing biased now because we are not in an election year and they can fuddle the numbers and, since there will not be an election for quite awhile, it would be hard to determine if they fudged the numbers. But in the last election, as I recall, they were pretty accurate.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:36 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
At least Rasmussen does not call 200 liberals and 10 conservatives and tell us how fair they are like many other polls that are in Obamas hip pocket.

MSNBC did a poll a while back and got caught lying, they called 1000 people and asked them if they were dem, ind or rep, if the person said they were anything but a dem they tossed it out.

How can any liberal complain about any poll when most pollsters are liberal ran wacko groups. But that is ok right?

Besides the polls are showing a trend that Obama is falling apart, more and more people do not trust him and more and more people are admitting they made a mistake with Obama.

Lets watch and see how the boy from hell does now that he is under the golden 50% mark.

Who needs polls anyway, we all know he sucks!!

Gosh only a blind person on drugs could not see that.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Rasmussen himself is a right wing Republican but I have to say that the polls his company does do tend to be fairly accurate from what I have seen. But they might be more right wing biased now because we are not in an election year and they can fuddle the numbers and, since there will not be an election for quite awhile, it would be hard to determine if they fudged the numbers. But in the last election, as I recall, they were pretty accurate.
Thank you for being serious about the truth, Kev. Yes, Rasmussen was the closest to the outcome in the last election and sure enough he didn't get the man he wanted but the one that he saw winning. He has been very close on all of them for some time.

I am not sure that some, like MSNBC aren't fudging both numbers and the outcome of their polls, but they do that all the time.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
At least Rasmussen does not call 200 liberals and 10 conservatives and tell us how fair they are like many other polls that are in Obamas hip pocket.

MSNBC did a poll a while back and got caught lying, they called 1000 people and asked them if they were dem, ind or rep, if the person said they were anything but a dem they tossed it out.

How can any liberal complain about any poll when most pollsters are liberal ran wacko groups. But that is ok right?

Besides the polls are showing a trend that Obama is falling apart, more and more people do not trust him and more and more people are admitting they made a mistake with Obama.

Lets watch and see how the boy from hell does now that he is under the golden 50% mark.

Who needs polls anyway, we all know he sucks!!

Gosh only a blind person on drugs could not see that.
I love political polls. I almost got to take part in one once and have never been called other than that one time and I told them how I think before they got to ask the question and heard a loud click. It was a poll about abortion. The lady said do you believe in abortion. I told her before I answered I had to say that I don't believe any government or anyone has a right to tell a woman no but yes I am against abortion. I didn't get to add the last part and it was what she wanted to hear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies