Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 06:31 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Perry, ever the horses patoot, is talking out his butt again. Wait a minute and you can hear him whinny....

The Feds have been in the healthcare biz via Medicare for 44 years, since 1965. Harry Truman asked for such a program in 1945, but as usual, Congress had it's head up its vested interests.

Bush the idiot, a former TX governor, greatly expanded the Medicare drug benefit. Now comes the current clown from Texas politics, Perry, who thinks it's a 'states rights' matter. Gimme a break. Perry isn't fooling anyone, he's trolling for publicity.

Medicare is here to stay, and all those people whining about it not being in the federal realm will be the FIRST ones in line demanding THEIR benefits under the program, such people always are. Their hypocrites. That's why they're in the GOP.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 06:37 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Funny you should mention Palin. Palin has already endorsed Perry for governor in 2010. There are rumors floating around that she will be actively involved in campaigning for him.

Personally, I'll be biting my tongue and voting for Kay "Bailout" in the primary. If Perry wins the primary, I'll go ahead and bite my tongue even more and vote for him in the general election but I REALLY do not want him to be on that ballot at all next November.
Kinky Friedman | For Governor 2010

Old 07-25-2009, 06:41 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
As a native Texan, born in Perrys native city, who left to get away from the idiocy of that states government and a large bulk of its populous, I say Texas leaving the union would be the best thing for america right now.

Really. They dont bring anything to the table that cannot be replicated or received cheaper elsewhere, they have been repeated embarrasements to the nation (Bush, Tulia, Jasper, the gerrymandering incident, its repeat, the floods, refusing the stimulus money like a jerk then having the nerve to ask for it back, the recent crowley case, the handling of illegal immigrants, executed mentally retarded people, being among the bottom 5 states in reading and math skills education wise, etc etc). Perry Regime-Texas is close to becoming America's west bank/Punjab, Afghanistan...a big embarrasement and pain in the backside for its neighbors and the via them the world.

The nation is in economic peril. Any fewer people we have to take care of is a great boone to us as a whole. That being said, if they did leave, they would need to take their share of the debt with them (and maybe louisiana too). Anyone who chooses to stay there afterward would be risking their own neck (literally in some peoples cases).

Old 07-25-2009, 06:55 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
As a native Texan, born in Perrys native city, who left to get away from the idiocy of that states government and a large bulk of its populous, I say Texas leaving the union would be the best thing for america right now.
Had to chuckle, the same thought occurred to me. Lots of good people in TX, but way too many extreme righties, enough to swing elections to the nutters. Of course, Mexico doesn't want them, that place is corrupt enough as it is. Maybe we can sell TX to China for a couple trillion dollars; getting the oil industry and it's lobbyists out of DC would be the best thing to ever happen to us as a nation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:56 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
tindo80, thanks. I'm glad someone not in Texas is finally talking some sense. I'm awaiting the day to fly my Texas flag with fine embroidery that says, 'Adios M...F....'s'.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:38 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Tindo, I'm not sure if you're aware BUT TX is not so worthless. We have the most Fortune 500 companies of any state in the nation, we are actually a donor state (send MORE to Washington than we get back), and plus, where would all the California refugees go if we seceded?

I'm glad you left - along with your hatred.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 07-25-2009 at 07:46 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 07:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Fine with me if Perry says no to it. They will still pay Federal taxes which will leave more for us.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Sorry, but I refuse to vote for a Democrat - LOL.

Not to mention that Kinky is an entertainer with no political experience. Not a good choice, IMO.

Perry has actually done good things for TX. He's kept us doing relatively well in the recession. His response to the various hurricanes a few years ago was superb. I respect the guy somewhat, but I cannot respect this "new" side of him that continually goes off on these tangents/rants. I've also *always* had a hard time accepting his pro-illegal stance.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 07-25-2009 at 08:10 PM..

Old 07-25-2009, 07:50 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The feds have no authority to be in the healthcare business.
Well, regardless of what you think, they're in it, with medicare, medicaid (a state/fed program), the VA health care, the IHS, and a lot of other programs.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:57 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Tindo, I'm not sure if you're aware BUT TX is not so worthless. We have the most Fortune 500 companies of any state in the nation, we are actually a donor state (send MORE to Washington than we get back), and plus, where would all the California refugees go if we seceded?

I'm glad you left - along with your hatred.

I try never to give Texas haters usable info. Makes them hate Texas even more. They have to recognize the pain before the healing begins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies