Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
No actually I work for a hospital. I used to work at the Cleveland Clinic until I moved.

Shouldn't make assumptions.

I can guarantee anyone who works in a hospital knows that this line of BS that is being fed to us is going to hit you hard the first time you are Dx'd with something serious.

I know that this is going to put Seniors at the end of the line for care.

Think what you want, I really don't care what you think about me. But I do know that if we get this "single payer" system, there will come a day when you are over 50 and you are going to regret the day you said " I hope we get a single payer's system".
Private insurance will go away and no one will have a choice!
What nonsense. Canadians enjoy a longer life expectancy than we do. How do you explain that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Majority of Canadians do not want this healthcare.
Educate yourself.

From a previous post: When asked “Would you say that Canada’s health system is superior to the US system?” an overwhelming majority preferred the Canadian system to the U.S. model.
Prefer Canadian system 82%
Prefer American system 8%

Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 AM

66 posts, read 103,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Educate yourself.

From a previous post: When asked “Would you say that Canada’s health system is superior to the US system?” an overwhelming majority preferred the Canadian system to the U.S. model.
why do people always ruin a good rant with facts?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:07 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
When are these stupid people going to get it through their thick heads that their arguments are moot. Single payer is not being considered!!! (even though it should be) Canadians are happy with their system.

Are Americans really this stupid

Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
When are these stupid people going to get it through their thick heads that their arguments are moot. Single payer is not being considered!!! (even though it should be) Canadians are happy with their system.

Are Americans really this stupid
Americans are NOT stupid, nor are they lazy, by a far stretch.

Having children who have done extensive Study Abroad programs for several years in several countries, it is clear that the U.S. is no longer a "leader" in some facets; the biggest one being healthcare. Frankly, their host parents (in the foreign countries) are shocked to find out that Americans cannot go to the doctor any time they wish, that they are not treated for common ailments, that they put off going to see a doctor because they worry about how they're going to pay for it, that they don't see a doctor or seek medical attention until the health condition becomes full-blown and a crisis.

While Rush Limbaugh and Fox News, et al, work hard to perpetuate fear and utmost ignorance (and flat-out lies), I'm hoping that hard-working Americans open their eyes and see that we've been bamboozled and fed misinformation. Fortunately, Americans are waking up to this fact and are refusing to be sheeple. This is disconcerting to those who make a profit at the expense of human lives.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:36 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Really? I know people that work in hospitals and they support health care reform. There are plenty of people that don't have a choice in this privatized system; they can't afford insurance so they have to go to the ER. Single payer doesn't mean you don't have a choice. You choose your doctors and if the doctor recommends something, you get it done. All this Rick Scott crap about a bureaucrat being between you and your doctor is not only a false scare tactic, it is already happening in America. Insurance companies refuse to cover procedures that doctors recomend all the time, sometimes resultin in death.
Doctor friends of mine would love it if THEY could actually CARE for patients, not some MBA deciding the level of care. I was talking to a neurologist the other day and he was telling me how when he sees a patient, he has to give them at 3 least options of care and then has to submit them to an insurance company and whichever one THEY decide they will cover, wins ... that's not right.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Educate yourself.

All of the Canadians that I know would love it if we went to a system like theirs. The biggest complaint I hear from them is that the definition of "covered" is different in Canada. When something is "covered", it's truly "covered", i.e. they don't have to pay. Here's "covered" isn't true .... a percentage is "covered" ...

I have a Canadian friend whose husband is Mexican and when they visit family down there, the first place she goes is to the doctor for checkups for her and the kids (most Mexican doctors were trained in the US). It's all free and whatever prescriptions are needed, they get for free as well. Whenever her kids get sick here, she hates it because it's such a hassle since the doctor's careers are tied to whatever and insurance intermediary dictates what they can do.

I wouldn't mind if the government role in healthcare would be to intervene on pricing of treatments and drugs ... just let the doctors do what they do best and make people healthy.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Yea, how come we don't see all the Canadians marching in the streets to protest their system? All the Canucks I know are content with their health care. Nothing is perfect, but everybody gets health care. As usual the republicans go to youtube for their facts what a surprise! haha

please ask those canadians you know how the health care is in middle of december when all the funds for the year are gone. not emergency care, but health care.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I think I am with you.

End all health care and those of us who can pay it with cash gets the care we need and those without cash and dont want to work for it will have to do without.

That will end the debate totally.

I rent many condos at the beach to Canadians and not one of them like the healthcare in Canada at all.

Libs love to lie and twist the fact that Canadians went to liberalism and now want and are trying to get back to conservatism because it nearly destroyed their country.

Majority of Canadians do not want this healthcare.

Only the bums like we have here who want something for nothing want it.
Awesome. What do you do for a living? Are you a Canadian or do you somehow give more to the human race then Canadians by virtue of being a landlord in Florida?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies