Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times

Advertisements

Because it's not fun. Cartoons are fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Why are some afraid of educating themselves by actually reading a primary document being referenced so that they can make an accurate judgment for themselves? Absolutely moronic.
Because the goal isn't to educate anyone. It's capitalize through fear and anger. I think it was even a news article about that a day or two ago.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Oy!!! How many of these threads have to be started. I swear! Can't anyone do a little search to see if a thread already exists? Or do all you tightie righties read something and immediately come here and slap it on here as a new thread.

Dr. Zeke has ZERO POWER in this administration ... ZEEEEEEEROOOOOOOO!!! But, what he is saying is giving fodder to all the Palintologists out there who start hollaring killer, terrorist, whatever the minute they smell smoke.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,612,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oy!!! How many of these threads have to be started. I swear! Can't anyone do a little search to see if a thread already exists? Or do all you tightie righties read something and immediately come here and slap it on here as a new thread.
Sanrene, can you field this question?

Old 08-09-2009, 06:30 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,908,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"That would be Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, 50, chair of the department of bioethics at the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center. Zeke is an oncologist with a master’s from Oxford, an MD from Harvard, a PhD in political philosophy from Harvard, and a 27-page CV that includes fellowships, professorships, books, and numerous awards and honors."
Sure, and chances are probably pretty good that he has absolutely no pratical skills at all.

I've known quite a few honest and decent phd's in my day, that couldn't so much as change a flat tire or button their shirt without asking how.

just sayin

Old 08-09-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Because the goal isn't to educate anyone. It's capitalize through fear and anger. I think it was even a news article about that a day or two ago.
You know what -- Im really disappointed in Obama and whoever he has running the PR division, if anyone -- they seem to have forgotten that so many people were floundering in fear and rage already and it's been encouraged and exploited to the hilt by his enemies for -- almost a year now. He'd better come out and explain absolutely clearly and extend a hand (again ) or they'll all wonder what happened in 2010, hate to say it.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Sure, and chances are probably pretty good that he has absolutely no pratical skills at all.

I've known quite a few honest and decent phd's in my day, that couldn't so much as change a flat tire or button their shirt without asking how.

just sayin
well, dont look up his bio or anything. What does wnd say about it? That's a much better resource.

Just kiddin' - I'll do it for you. Hmm, "He received his M.D. from Harvard Medical School...After completing his internship and residency in internal medicine at Boston's Beth Israel Hospital and his oncology fellowship at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, he joined the faculty at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Dr. Emanuel was an Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School before joining the National Institutes of Health."

http://www.bioethics.nih.gov/people/emanuel-bio.shtml (broken link)

Yep, you and Rush are right, this Emanuel clown has NO IDEA what he's doing around a stethoscope.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:43 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You know what -- Im really disappointed in Obama and whoever he has running the PR division, if anyone -- they seem to have forgotten that so many people were floundering in fear and rage already and it's been encouraged and exploited to the hilt by his enemies for -- almost a year now. He'd better come out and explain absolutely clearly and extend a hand (again ) or they'll all wonder what happened in 2010, hate to say it.

I think they have missed some chances already. Let's hope they step up to the plate soon.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:03 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,635,179 times
We are broke, just look at the bond market last week, 235 billion up for auction, then Friday we find the the US gov bought half of the bonds that did sell on Wednesday. Quantive easing, printing money out of thin air and you don't believe they will kill grandma. Most of the money spent on healthcare comes after the age of 60 and the last 3 years of life. If you shorten the life span you decrease the cost. Now where is a broke govenment going to find money to pay for the baby boomers that are retireing.

Old 08-09-2009, 08:15 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,766,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Sebelius: Public plan won't ration

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius defended the government-run program favored by President Obama against arguments that it would ration care.

“I don’t think there’s anything about the public option that would ration care. Unfortunately care is being rationed each and everyday right now. Often private insurance companies stand between a patient and a doctor deciding what treatment can be provided,” she said on Fox News Sunday. “We also have a situation where a lot of people are told that hey can’t have insurance because they have a preexisting condition.”

At least we know just how gullible some are and quick to swallow the rhetoric that the right spits out!

Sebelius: Public plan won't ration - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

Ok so let me get this straight. Healthcare won't be rationed, services will be better,costs will be reduced, we will insure 50 million more people, and taxes won't be raised. Where is this happening fantasy land? You swallow this from Sebelius? That is gullible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies