Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:27 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
Maybe those loser poor people could afford to get healthcare, if they took personal responsibility and sold their organs on the black market for money so that they could actually deserve to see the doctor.
What does it say about you when you beat up on somebody less fortunate than yourself? I'm sure your parents must be proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 10:28 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It is not good for America to have the economy tank ...can you understand that?
We finally agree on something!

You need to write a letter - I'll give you the address - and tell this person that he absolutely must stop doing everything within his power to destroy the economy!!

Here's the address:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20500-0004

Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
What does it say about you when you beat up on somebody less fortunate than yourself? I'm sure your parents must be proud.
I think sandwich is being sarcastic, and is in fact making fun of the people such as nicet4, who evidently think that ignoring the less fortunate is something to be proud of.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

You need to write a letter - I'll give you the address - and tell this person that he absolutely must stop doing everything within his power to destroy the economy!!

Here's the address:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

The economy was destroyed WELL BEFORE Obama took office. He's the one charged with helping us to get out of the mess that the last administration left us in. Please tell me that you really do know this, and that you're only pretending to be as obtuse as your post would suggest.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
The 40 million uninsured figure may or may not be accurate; one thing for sure is that a lot of the uninsured choose to buy a new car instead of paying for insurance, or they do not bother to register with their states for insurance if they have no income. Condemning the other 300 million people to national health care is going to be a disaster.
Perhaps you have some statistics to back up your claim.
Or is it simply an opinion?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:16 AM

351 posts, read 375,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
The 40 million uninsured figure may or may not be accurate; one thing for sure is that a lot of the uninsured choose to buy a new car instead of paying for insurance, or they do not bother to register with their states for insurance if they have no income. Condemning the other 300 million people to national health care is going to be a disaster.
And you know that a national healthcare plan will be a disaster because..........?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 AM

351 posts, read 375,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Here's the address:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW

It's a bit late to send a letter. President Bush already destroyed the economy.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:58 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I disagree. It is the marketplace that controls prices. Not the government"

No, insurance executives controll the price and the treatment.

""Sure, it might affect me. So?"

So you don't mind your home value dropping because the people around you are in foreclosure....that IS odd.

""It still is not the Governments job to prop you or me up."""

These were financially responsible people...ANYONE, even you, can get a disease or have an accident, ti should NOT bring people to their financial knees ESPECIALLY if they HAVE INSURANCE!

""It is not the Governments role to provide for, or guarantee, my financial future.""

It IS the government's job to provide for the welfare of it's citizens, that includes their welfare but if you think the government's only job is to wage war you'll never'get it".
So you are for the U.S. having Third World status...that's what happens when there's only two classes, the ultra wealthy and the extreme poor ...which is where we are heading.

BS. I don't hate my fellow Americans. That is pure crap. And, I dare say, I not only care and believe in the US,"

But not it's people ?!

but I'd hazard a guess that I have put my LIFE on the line for this country far more often than you have, or will, in your entire life. So, stop your blustering.
You guess you did?????

Anyhow, why? Why would you risk your life for others? Shouldn't they fight their own wars....as you said, it's not the government's job to "prop them up"

Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You guess you did?????

Anyhow, why? Why would you risk your life for others? Shouldn't they fight their own wars....as you said, it's not the government's job to "prop them up"
Exactly. I say get rid of the Dept. of Defense and let every American get a $1 million refund so we can get our own armaments and put them in our back yard bunkers.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:38 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,468,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Perhaps you have some statistics to back up your claim.
Or is it simply an opinion?

Check the U.S. census.

The vast majority of that number, 75%, is without coverage for less than a year. It says that 38% of that number without health coverage make $50,000 a year or more and about 10 million of them earn $75,000 or more a year and choose not to pay for coverage. We need to pay for coverage for a 29 year old making $100K a year because he doesn't want to buy it?

It also says that about 10 to 12 million are not Americans.

That 40, no wait 45, no now it's up to 50 million people without coverage is an inflated scare tactic to push a gubmint takeover scheme.

But don't worry, after Acorn takes the Census this time it won't say anything our gubmint doesn't want it to.

I've said it before, our insurance system does need some changes but not a gubmint takeover that will end up with the majority of Americans having their healthcare quality dismantled so that some Americans and anyone in the U.S. regardless of their citizenship can have more.

No matter what Obama says, you can't supply healthcare to everyone at the same level we enjoy now for less money. I have to wonder what the motivations are for people who say that it will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies