Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We really don't have to look beyond our borders for examples of what happens when government runs your health care - Mass, Tenn, IHS (Indian Health Service - ask them how they like it), the VA.

Now beyond our borders;

Canada - shortage of doctors, long wait times for simple preventative care. An explosion in private HC facilities.
Nice lies, but as introduced earlier, most Medicare recipients are very satisfied, AND Canadians are more satisfied with their system than we are with ours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 07:28 PM

New Deal economics - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

Krugman is a "liberal" only in terms of Mainstram Economists (the same guys who brought you the 30s, and present, Depressions.)

Otherwise, he's a predictable corpotratist of the Clinton mold.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM

Revisionism: A New, Angry Look at the American Past - TIME (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,878155-3,00.html - broken link)

Frickin' Time, for god's sake!

Only the fringe argues contrary.

Ah, but the fringe (and it took 'em 40 years to crawl back out of therocks they'd been under since causing the Great depression) says what the corpoprations want to hear, so they are very well funded.

Good puppets: many characters; one voice behin the strings and glitter.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
but as introduced earlier, most Medicare recipients are very satisfied
"As introduced earlier"? By who? You - posting one man's opinion. Got any real evidence?

Really now - are you going to stick with the pathetic argument that Medicare is somehow a cost-effective, efficient, well-run government entity that beat out all cost estimates when initiated?

Did you miss my post about what their own Board says? The TENS of TRILLIONS of dollars in cost over runs? And this is your example of a well-run government system?

Next, please.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
"As introduced earlier"? By who? You - posting one man's opinion. Got any real evidence?

If you were truly interested, and you are not, in the truth you would re-read the post in which JOHN HOPKINS Univ. said these facts.

But that would require you to look beyond your ideology.

Tell ya what,

Contact me when (if) you ever do.

Operators WON'T be standing by, if you know what I mean.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
in the truth
Right here.

Here is the report, from the trustees. Still not good enough for you? Does the truth in fact and statistics burst your little bubble of denial?

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/ReportsTrustF...ads/tr2008.pdf (broken link)

I will take that as an admission that you are stumped and way out of your league.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:58 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Inequality in the United States is on the rise, whether measured in terms of wages, family incomes, or wealth and is much higher than that of other advanced countries.
Not too surprising. We have a huge high school dropout rate, while jobs increasingly require higher levels of education and technical skills.
High school dropout rate much higher than government says. | The Journal of Employee Assistance (http://www.allbusiness.com/human-resources/benefits-employee-assistance-plans-eap/651032-1.html - broken link)

Old 07-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not too surprising. We have a huge high school dropout rate, while jobs increasingly require higher levels of education and technical skills.
High school dropout rate much higher than government says. | The Journal of Employee Assistance (http://www.allbusiness.com/human-resources/benefits-employee-assistance-plans-eap/651032-1.html - broken link)
I suggest you look up data on "Real Wages", then look up unemployment rates vs educational levels:

In 2006, you were more likely to be unemployed if you had a college degree than if you were just a HS grad.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Right here.

Here is the report, from the trustees. Still not good enough for you? Does the truth in fact and statistics burst your little bubble of denial?

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/ReportsTrustF...ads/tr2008.pdf (broken link)

I will take that as an admission that you are stumped and way out of your league.
Your link is broken, and I stand by my earlier view:

If you are truly interested, then go back 1-2 pages on this thread and see what John Hopkins U. says.

Happy trails till then.

Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Your link is broken, and I stand by my earlier view:
That Medicare is a shining example of well run government? Okey-dokey.

Here's the ACTUAL report from the Medicare Trustees;

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/ReportsTrustF...ads/tr2008.pdf

Now, I just know you will not read it, but you were saying something relevant here;

Quote:
If you were truly interested, and you are not, in the truth

But that would require you to look beyond your ideology.
I can't think of anyone this applies to more than yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies