Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
You like cooking too? So do I, and now I have a job where I can afford to make something other than PB and J

The only three channels I'd watch would be The three networks, the History channel, Travel Channel and Food Network. Aside from that, Cable isn't worth the money for me. The only reality show I've ever gotten into is the Biggest Loser. That's about the only redeeming reality show out there, IMO.
I am a cooking freak. I love it. I love those channels you named, but I would add espn, because I enjoy college football, and comedy central, because in case you haven't noticed, I like comedy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 07:35 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I would expect every last one of you right wingers would be watching it passionately and insisting that all your friends and relatives watch it too. better she make some money and someone invests it for her so she and her kids dont take another nickel of Your Tax Dollars....right?

That is exactly correct. I'd watch it twice for that reason alone.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 AM

16 posts, read 26,005 times
Default Yes Mr JM

Don't make me come over to your place and put words in your mouth. I put a post up about ACC football, I'm interested to hear about opinions.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I would expect every last one of you right wingers would be watching it passionately and insisting that all your friends and relatives watch it too. better she make some money and someone invests it for her so she and her kids dont take another nickel of Your Tax Dollars....right?

what a stupid comment. The woman is an idiot!

Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,633,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I prefer to watch good stuff. which to me, includes cartoons, and old twilight zone shows. I watch hells kitchen, but that is because I enjoy cooking.
Hells Kitchen is OK but the best reality cooking show imo would be Top Chef and most especially Top Chef Masters. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and check it out...

Old 07-30-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
octomom has a reality TV deal. do not make this psycho money.

Court docs: Octomom inks showbiz deal for tots - omg! news on Yahoo!
I may enjoy me some reality tv from time to time (or a lot if I were honest ) but just as I don't slow down at car wrecks I will not watch the octomom wh*re out her kids. The woman is a bat crazy and to have to watch what is it? 14 kids total being raised by a sociopathic hag is just a little too much reality for me. Will the spinoff for these kids be entitled 'octokids - the foster care years'? Sick and sad and a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:50 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,699 times
Quote:
octomom has a reality TV deal. do not make this psycho money.

Court docs: Octomom inks showbiz deal for tots - omg! news on Yahoo!
I'll agree with you on this one, but I'll take it one step further:

STOP WATCHING "REALITY TV" COMPLETELY!
The Kardashians, Playboy girls, Denise Richards, Hogans, Paris Hilton and the rest of those idiots don't need moronic TV shows following them as producers try to figure out ways to make their lives interesting to the bottom-feeders who find that trash to be entertaining. If you watch any of those programs, you're part of the problem of the declining quality of TV shows.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post

The Kardashians, Playboy girls, Denise Richards, Hogans, Paris Hilton and the rest of those idiots don't need moronic TV shows following them as producers try to figure out ways to make their lives interesting to the bottom-feeders who find that trash to be entertaining. If you watch any of those programs, you're part of the problem of the declining quality of TV shows.
But there are some great reality television shows out there --- they are not all about the parasite hiltons of the world.
Shows like Top Chef, Project Runway, The Biggest Loser, (my favorite) The Amazing Race -- all of these are great shows. Reality doesn't always equal crap imo.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:06 AM

769 posts, read 887,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post

What I hate is how the people on these shows think they are actually worth sometime in this world.

"I'm too rich and too famous to put up with this."-Spencer Pratt [orig. from The Hills, uttered this fallacy on I'm a Celebrity, Get me Outta here]

Rot in hell, you are worthless.

On the flip-side, someone paying the octomom to being a moron will take her off the doll system, as long as I don't have to see or self entitled ***** or pay for it, I'll let other idiots pay for it.

P.S. I know the quote above because the girl like all those shows just mentioned that I despise.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:09 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Hells Kitchen is OK but the best reality cooking show imo would be Top Chef and most especially Top Chef Masters. If you haven't, do yourself a favor and check it out...
I love Top Chef. I actually like the regular version more than the Masters version but I still like it. Thought the right one won last night. It is funny that I love that show so much because I am a terrible cook.

I also LOVE Amazing Race and I like Project Runway a lot too. Haven't watched the others mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies