Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Gay Couples Adopt Children ??
Yes. 87 62.14%
No. 44 31.43%
Not sure / No opinion. 9 6.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:05 PM

968 posts, read 1,038,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
No, we don't for the most part and that's why it's not normal... For alot of homosexuals it is deviance and perversion that drives them, which is a behavioral disorder. Would you want a child raised by that? Again, I'm not saying ALL homosexuals are sexual deviants, but a hell of alot are. Why do think STD's are so high among that culture?
Women have much higher rates of many STDs than men - chlamydia and gonorrhea for instance.

I'm not saying ALL women are sexual deviants, but a hell of a lot are. Why do think STD's are so high among that culture?

Perhaps women shouldn't be allowed to raise children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Side Houston View Post
Re-inventing families? Like every single family is perfect. What is your definition of family? Mom, Dad, Sis, Bro and the family dog?

nope, definition of family starts with mom and dad, not dad and dad or mom and mom.

looks to me like lesbians and gays would like to have it both ways. good to know that they cannot have children without having us breeders around.

marriage i dont care about as it is in the boundries of the church and not the state.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:14 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,242 times
Quote:
No, we don't for the most part and that's why it's not normal... For alot of homosexuals it is deviance and perversion that drives them, which is a behavioral disorder. Would you want a child raised by that? Again, I'm not saying ALL homosexuals are sexual deviants, but a hell of alot are. Why do think STD's are so high among that culture?
Lesbians? They have a high rate of STDs?

Men are the problem. Straight or gay, men spread STDs.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:15 PM

769 posts, read 887,158 times
Quote:

Well I'm sure any member of this "deviant" lifestyle with behavioral disorders would not be permitted to adopt. These people have to go through to same channels as regualr people to adopt, and they are pretty rigorious. STD's are so high among that culture (homosexual men) I would believe because there is no pregnancy threat and that they are still men who biologically seek more partners than women.

Think of it this way, if woman were as willing to sleep around as I am...I would probably have AIDS too.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
looks to me like lesbians and gays would like to have it both ways. good to know that they cannot have children without having us breeders around.
You have to admit, us breeders aren't always a shining example of how to raise children.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,188,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
You have to admit, us breeders aren't always a shining example of how to raise children.

never said we were, but if gays and lesbians want to be together, then not having families should also be considered.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:24 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,203,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Actually, the opposite view is sick. Nice try at re-inventing families, though.
One thing for sure, no need to "re-invent hypocricy". It makes me utterly disgusted to read how sanctimonious and self-righteous some people are; the same, self-proclaimed moral compasses who commit adultery, sent love letters to their Argentinian soul mates (Sanford), and have gay, meth sex (Ted Haggard). They "re-invent" families alright. They are poster children for the Hypocrites of America Club. Hopefully, 20 years from now, they will be but a bad memory for those that are alive now, and the new generation will only read about them in textbooks.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,242 times
Quote:
nope, definition of family starts with mom and dad, not dad and dad or mom and mom.

marriage i dont care about as it is in the boundries of the church and not the state.
Lose the concept that gays and lesbians can't have children. They can and they do, often the very same way straight people do.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
never said we were, but if gays and lesbians want to be together, then not having families should also be considered.

I'm sure it is considered. I can't say this for a certainty cause I'm not part of the community, but I would guess that most homosexuals are under the impression they won't ever have kids. I don't think they are lining up and demanding we give them kids because they deserve them too. My point is, if us "breeders" were doing our job and being responsible then this wouldn't be an issue. But since we obviously aren't and there are a ton of children in need of adoption/loving parents/a home, I think we should let respectable gay couples pick up our slack.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,746,901 times
Quote:
not true, most gays "choose" to be gay. It's an alternate way of life where they feel different than the masses. If you raise a child in a gay environment, the chances of them living like that increase. Have you ever heard of the term "product of your environment"?
I have heard the term but it is bull. Our environment has about 10% effect on our lives. Our genetics play a much larger role in out life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies