U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,000,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I sincerely hope Sarah Palin leads the Republican Party through the next election cycle.
WOW. Imagine how embarrassing that would be,the rest of the world watching & thinking how ignorant Americans are.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-27-2009, 12:28 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,693,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I sincerely hope Sarah Palin leads the Republican Party through the next election cycle.
Why? She'll just quit when it gets too tough. The Republicans would have a better chance of winning, and picking up Dem votes, by picking Mitt Romney. It would also help them lose the stigma of being a party in search of a brain.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...don't get fooled again.
- GWB

Old 07-27-2009, 12:43 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,778,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Why? She'll just quit when it gets too tough. The Republicans would have a better chance of winning, and picking up Dem votes, by picking Mitt Romney. It would also help them lose the stigma of being a party in search of a brain.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...don't get fooled again.
- GWB
That's exactly the point: If she were to run for national office, as if she was the best the reps. had to offer, there is no way she could win.

Saves everyone a lot of homework.

Where, o where is that bushism about a mind being a terrible thing to lose?

Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,024,383 times
Sarah Palin is an idiot, through and through. God help anyone who views her as the Republican party's savior! She is not only a bad dream, she is a nightmare. Can you spell w-h-a-c-k-o??

Old 07-27-2009, 01:09 PM

Sarah Palin lacked the temperament and maturity to deal with being in the public eye. She was her own worst enemy. Her demeanor and outlandish claims opened herself to media attention and criticism, self inflicted wounds.

It is evident that she is a charming and engaging person but so is the waitress at my favorite restaurant. Sarah is a lucky person who was plucked from obscurity on to the national stage. If she is smart ( a bridge too far) she will avoid blaming the press for her personal limitations and enjoy the ride. There are enough suckers out there that will pay to listen to her, perhaps buy her book. Blaming the press for her shortcomings is a sure fire way to keep the press engaged....

Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 PM

So it's too difficult for her to fend off these
allegations and effectively govern? What does
this say about her "fighting pit bull" image?

It seems to be quite a contradiction. It's almost
like walking and chewing gum the same time. I
mean she could utilize staffers right?

Old 07-27-2009, 02:44 PM

439 posts, read 429,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Sarah Palin did take an oath. Now she's reneging on the oath she took.
Does the oath state that she promises she will serve for four years?

Or does it simply state the MANNER in which she will serve as long as she is in office?

I haven't read the oath, but I'd be willing to bet that there's no provision in the oath stating that she promises a certain time of service.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 PM

44,772 posts, read 23,347,916 times
Quote:
Politicians who spend their term campaigning for a different office are all, in a sense, not fulfilling their responsibility to serve to the best of their ability (maybe that's why that part is not including in the oath).
Oh, for heaven's sake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska's Constitution
§ 5. Oath of Office

All public officers, before entering upon the duties of their offices, shall take and subscribe to the following oath or affirmation: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Alaska, and that I will faithfully discharge my duties as . . . to the best of my ability." The legislature may prescribe further oaths or affirmations.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:40 PM

439 posts, read 429,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Sarah Palin did take an oath. Now she's reneging on the oath she took.

Catching on yet, or are you still not getting it?
Nope, still not getting it.

Here's the oath

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Alaska, and that I will faithfully discharge my duties as _____________ to the best of my ability." from Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Exactly where does it say the officeholder promises to serve for 4 years?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM

10,756 posts, read 34,353,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yes liberals, you are quite correct to obsess about Palin.

Just looking at her track record since getting involved with the PTA in Wasilla reveals an ability to gain the trust of voters and win elections that is a rare gift. She has wisely decided to strike out on her own after riding aging (therefore unelectable) Sen. McCain's sinking ship to the bottom.

Keep in mind that she also resigned the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission after less than two years only to be elected Governor in 2006. Today she is trailing BO by a staggering six points. Romney is in a dead heat but has electability issues since he is a Mormon. Look for Sarah Palin out front in 2012, that is assuming we still have free elections and Obama hasn't suspended the Constitution.
Can you pass me some of whatever you are smoking??

Palin was a nice wrack that McCain had clapped eyes on, nothing more, nothing less. He thought choosing her would win him the election given the popularity of Mrs. Clinton, however what McCain and many other mysoginist seem to forget is that women are not just a nice wrack, some of them (like Hilary Clinton) have brains and then there are women like Palin. A nice wrack, interesting glasses and pretty suits.

I also am not gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.