Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times

Advertisements

There is a politics forum for this sort of stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:26 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
This Obama thread has (Obama) really Obamaheightend my Obama awareness.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:49 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,832 times
Quote:
This Obama thread has (Obama) really Obamaheightend my Obama awareness.
Im glad to hear you've seen the Obama light...haleluya...haleluya...

Old 07-27-2009, 07:56 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I like blue cheese. No matter how much I post about it, I can't make other people like it, though.
People are weird like that.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,078,663 times
Blue cheese? C'mon now...nobody really eats that stuff!

Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Seems to me the 50 million Americans with no health insurance would be gaining a Big Fat Freedom...

It's just another case of rewarding the loosers. Those of us who have been getting a large chunk of their check cut out for insurance will loose on this deal and end up with crappier coverage. Those who mooch (justly or not) will profit big time.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,195,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It's just another case of rewarding the loosers. Those of us who have been getting a large chunk of their check cut out for insurance will loose on this deal and end up with crappier coverage. Those who mooch (justly or not) will profit big time.
Healthcare should not be a priveledge for the wealthy, it should be a right.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:02 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I work for the State of Oklahoma, and although I don't have a "large chunk" taken out, I do have a decent benefit package. And I never really care how much is taken out, because every place I have worked, the Feds, State, or private, has taken out for benefits.

So, how would the average american be getting crappier coverage? Is the Doctor I see going to suddenly get a crappy attitude? Meds/Rx supplies are the same, and everyone uses their medical coverage differently.

I would like to see this crappier coverage somewhere. Please post a link. Since it has not even be voted on, I don't see how anyone can say how the coverage is going to be crappier.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:54 PM

529 posts, read 1,300,637 times
I'm almost always against government intervention, bailouts and any other kind of giveaways that benefit a few by taxing the majority of people but I am a firm believer that health care for everyone is the way to go. With free healthcare and education there's no excuse for people not to thrive here in my beloved country.

It might be that the experience that I had last year opened my eyes to how terrible and expensive can be to have an injury (or disease). Since I never got sick I had a high deductible plan and then in a span of 4 months between MRI's, blood tests, medicine, physical therapy, etc, I paid the $3K+ out of pocket and the insurance covered probably another $15K. Thank God, I had insurance and an employer who was very understanding and I fully recovered and haven't been to a doctor since Nov last year.
Even without insurance I could have paid the bills but it makes me wondering that what would have happened if I hadn't been able to. Not only I would have felt like **** because of health problems, I'd also have to get into debt and pay a lot of money, like rubbing salt into the wound.

I haven't read the proposal, but I wish that it's open enough for people to add supplemental coverage that allows people to have more choices if they want it.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
From the people who told you Lehman Bros was a good bet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies