Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
I don't understand why so many of you prefer she be punished. What exactly is the point of it? What do you stand to gain?

What really gets me about this story is the fact that she had two swords in the house. What's that all about?

I don't think sterilization is punishment in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICoastieMom View Post
Yes, I did read read fully the accounts of tragedy and I stand by my post. So you are telling me that you think it is perfectly acceptable for the dad to move out, leaving his wife and his children in harm's way? Why does he get a free walk when life got too tough. A newborn, in and of itself, is stressful enough, with being totally dependent on others for its care, not to mention the change it creates in the family dynamics. You know he didn't just have sex with her one night and the baby popped out the next day. He had the same nine months to prepare, and he wasn't the one going through labor! And if she had prior mental health issues, he wasn't blind, he had to have known that she might be overwhelmed by the prospect of suddenly being a single parent three times over. Until I hear some evidence that he attempted to get her some help or to remove the children or offer her some support in some fashion, as far as I am concerned, he may not have fired the gun, but the fact that he gave her the gun, so to speak, makes him just as culpable.
If you can't consider that your life may end up like this, perhaps one should reconsider breeding to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
i think in exreme cases people like her should be put out of there misery.. maybe she watched the movie hannibal a few to manny times..

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Police: Woman accused of killing newborn ate brain

"... Sanchez apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts. She also tore his face off, chewed off three of his toes and decapitated the infant.."

Aunt: Mom accused in baby death had psych problems - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090727/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_decapitated - broken link)

I posted a post awhile ago where a man was high on meth and tore out one of his son's eye's and ate it and tried to tear the other one out and eat that one.

Should people who do this be precluded from having children in the future?

I beleive in giving people second chances but in cases like this, a second chance could end with the same result for an innocent child.
Just put her to death now.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Good thing people like her won't be able to get abortions if the religious whackaloons get their way.

you have just shown exactly how big of an idiot you truly are. who in their right mind posts something like that after reading that story. you deserve exactly what you get in the future.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:10 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
you have just shown exactly how big of an idiot you truly are. who in their right mind posts something like that after reading that story. you deserve exactly what you get in the future.
I suspect she'll get a stress-free life because she doesn't want kids.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
I think the dialogue she is trying to open is a good one.

If someone this mentally ill found themselves pregnant, would you support their right to an abortion? Some would not.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:22 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I think the dialogue she is trying to open is a good one.

If someone this mentally ill found themselves pregnant, would you support their right to an abortion? Some would not.

so you think the term "religious whackaloons" is opening good dialogue? surely you don't.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
so you think the term "religious whackaloons" is opening good dialogue? surely you don't.
You're missing the point.

religious whackaloons is sure better than:
Quote:
she stuck it right in that liberal qu##r's a$$. great job!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Good thing people like her won't be able to get abortions if the religious whackaloons get their way.
lol

Old 07-29-2009, 03:43 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:

u dont get what she;s saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies