Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Zogby International

Quote:
A new Zogby Interactive survey shows a slight decline in President Barack Obama’s job approval, with 48% of likely voters now approving of the job he is doing as president, down from 51% who said the same in an interactive/telephone hybrid poll conducted in mid-June. Forty-nine peBut slightly more than half (53%) give the president a negative job performance rating, with 10% who say he is doing a “fair” job as president and 43% who say he is doing a “poor” job—up from 36% who said he was doing a poor job in mid-June.recent now say they disapprove of the job the president has done so far in office and 4% are not sure.

The survey found similar results when likely voters were asked specifically to rate President Obama’s performance—47% give him a positive rating, with 22% rating his job performance as “excellent” and 25% rating it as “good.”
Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Quote:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 29% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty percent (40%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -11. That’s the first time his ratings have reached double digits in negative territory (see trends).

The President is now seen as politically liberal by 76%. That’s up six points from a month ago, 11 points since he was elected, and the highest total to date. Forty-eight percent (48%) now see him as Very Liberal, up 20 points since he was elected.

His presser totally backfired and hurt him. He violated the "do no harm" rule of pressers.

The Gates stupidity also hurt him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Bwahahahahahaha!!! Obama entered double digit land!!

The country benefits more as Obama fails more.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:06 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,931,364 times
I think when he showed his behind in the Gates affair, that certainly did him no good. That was a huge blunder on his part. Also unemployment rising dramatically doesn't help. I knew his poll numbers would continue to go down, but not THIS drastically and this fast.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM
emh

298 posts, read 852,237 times
You've got your republican-leaning polls so let's look at a democrat-leaning poll:

Daily Kos :: State of the Nation

Shows Obama with a 61-36 favorable/unfavorable. Meanwhile, the Congressional Republicans are at 11-73 and the Republican Party is at 20-71. Wow, it must really suck for you guys....being hated all across America!

Old 07-26-2009, 09:12 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
He had a horrible week. Even I will concede that.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh View Post
You've got your republican-leaning polls so let's look at a democrat-leaning poll:

Daily Kos :: State of the Nation

Shows Obama with a 61-36 favorable/unfavorable. Meanwhile, the Congressional Republicans are at 11-73 and the Republican Party is at 20-71. Wow, it must really suck for you guys....being hated all across America!
Rasmussen and Zogby are neither right or left leaning. They have long been among the most respected pollsters out there. Did you say the same thing when Rasmussen and Zogby had his approval rating in the stellar range?

Daily Kos, as you admit (unlike Ras and Zogby) is a left-leaning poll.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
He had a horrible week. Even I will concede that.
I think perhaps what hurt him as much as anything was going on national television and giving his personal opinion of the police department in cambridge. Right or wrong on the officer or Gates behalf, it was a really big political blunder to state his personal opinion on an issue in which he himself admitted that he didn't have the facts. Not to mention he has a personal affiliation with the professor.

If he would have just come out and said, "I have no opinion on the matter; that needs to be left up to the local authorities. Next question.. "

As for the economy, this tidal wave has been coming at us for some time, before he took office. There is no way I will blame the President for all of this mess. Could he handle it better? Perhaps.

But we have to admit he stepped into a big fat pile of cow manure when he took office.

Why anyone would have wanted to take the reigns of this mess is beyond me. Even being the President in good times turns a young man into an old man in no time at all.

I know in my heart that he believed/believes he can turn this around, but it is going to take a very long time to remove the stink from this economy.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Daily Kos

LOL LOL LOL

Daily Kooks, the left wing radical site that people who need someone to tell them how to live their life and looking for handouts visit?

I cannot believe a poster just compared Zogby and Rasmussen to the Daily Kooks. This is to funny.

Not to long ago libs loved Zogby now they dont?

Let get something straight, Obama is tanking like a rock.

His mistake are piling up and people are worried about him. Far to many have said they voted for him and now wish they had not.

It is going to take a miracle of some sort from him to get him back to neverland again.

Simple, people do not trust the idiot.

The best thing he did this week was to wipe his own health care issue right off the front page of news and put the racist remark he made on the front page ahead of the scamcare bill. How stupid of him.

Poor Obama now is going on vacation on us to re think about his 7 months of utter failures.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think perhaps what hurt him as much as anything was going on national television and giving his personal opinion of the police department in cambridge. Right or wrong on the officer or Gates behalf, it was a really big political blunder to state his personal opinion on an issue in which he himself admitted that he didn't have the facts. Not to mention he has a personal affiliation with the professor.

If he would have just come out and said, "I have no opinion on the matter; that needs to be left up to the local authorities. Next question.. "

As for the economy, this tidal wave has been coming at us for some time, before he took office. There is no way I will blame the President for all of this mess. Could he handle it better? Perhaps.

But we have to admit he stepped into a big fat pile of cow manure when he took office.

Why anyone would have wanted to take the reigns of this mess is beyond me. Even being the President in good times turns a young man into an old man in no time at all.

I know in my heart that he believed/believes he can turn this around, but it is going to take a very long time to remove the stink from this economy.
I agree with all that. On the GAtes thing, my jaw just dropped in shock and I said "why the Hell did he go there?" because I knew what would happen.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:31 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emh View Post
Meanwhile, the Congressional Republicans are at 11-73 and the Republican Party is at 20-71. Wow, it must really suck for you guys....being hated all across America!
In June's NBC/WSJ poll, the approval rating of the Republican Party as a whole was LESS THAN THAT OF DICK CHENEY. I mean who's left that they can go lower than...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies