Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:27 PM

722 posts, read 1,108,976 times

Advertisements

I do not care much for Sarah Palin but I find it disturbing how much the media and the general public seem to obsess over her. I think that may be a part of why she is stepping down as gov. Or if she was smart, that would be a part of it anyways. I read in an article today in the paper that people were rallying behind her and talked about how they think she is priming to run in 2012. That's seems normal to me....except the part where they all got "Sarah Palin glasses" to wear to the rally. That is just scary. People have no business hating her as much as they do but neither do they have any call to start dressing like her, unless they admire her style. But to dress like her because you are obsessed with her is not doing the poor woman any favors! Sarah, people who put you up on a pedestal and await in baited breath every move you make are NOT NORMAL PEOPLE and you need to STAY AWAY from them in case they decide they really do want to be you. (because then you will need to get out of the way...kind of like John Lennon and Selena)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 06:32 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,097 times
Sounds like someone has a case of jealousy to me. I guess everyone's in shock as the media usually focuses on/drools over poor female role models (Rodham-Clinton, Pelosi, Boxer, SotoEeyore, Michelle O, etc.)

Old 07-27-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Sounds like someone has a case of jealousy to me. I guess everyone's in shock as the media usually focuses on/drools over poor female role models (Rodham-Clinton, Pelosi, Boxer, SotoEeyore, Michelle O, etc.)
Or someone has read Obsession by John Douglas one too many times as well as every other book he has written to have any faith in their fellow mankind.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
I do not care much for Sarah Palin but I find it disturbing how much the media and the general public seem to obsess over her. I think that may be a part of why she is stepping down as gov. Or if she was smart, that would be a part of it anyways. I read in an article today in the paper that people were rallying behind her and talked about how they think she is priming to run in 2012. That's seems normal to me....except the part where they all got "Sarah Palin glasses" to wear to the rally. That is just scary. People have no business hating her as much as they do but neither do they have any call to start dressing like her, unless they admire her style. But to dress like her because you are obsessed with her is not doing the poor woman any favors! Sarah, people who put you up on a pedestal and await in baited breath every move you make are NOT NORMAL PEOPLE and you need to STAY AWAY from them in case they decide they really do want to be you. (because then you will need to get out of the way...kind of like John Lennon and Selena)

You really must be kidding on some of this stuff. Anyone in fashion tries to get famous and popular people to wear their clothing because people have always bought the clothing or adopted the style of these people. How are you determining people are dressing like her because they are obsessed? She always looks great.

Take Michelle Obama. I thought she dressed pretty stylish on the campaign trail then after the election she has become a fashion nightmare. She has also allowed her children to be used to promote J Crew clothing. I am sure J Crew is hoping it will boost their sales. They have nice designs for kids. Parents will be buying that clothing and not because they are necessarily obsessed by Michelle's children.

Jackie Kennedy was a fashion trend-setter and all the women wanted to look like her.

It's all VERY NORMAL. I think your real complaint is that Palin is getting press.

Old 07-27-2009, 06:50 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,965 times
And then there is Sarah Palin's obsessions with the media and playing to the people who think there's something to her.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM

Riiiight. Because there is no such thing as celebrity stalkers.

I think in many ways Sarah is a victim of the press. But I digress you must be right, I am really quite jealous...if only the media would go into a shark frenzy over me and all my admirers were stuck to me like big fat leeches. If only I had friends like Joe the Backstabbing Plumber riding my coat tails, just like a true friend would.

Except that I hate people and wouldn't want friends or media anywhere near me.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,027,375 times
The nutter is officially no longer Governor. Now she can work full time lining her pockets on the rubber chicken, talk show and book circuits. I'm sure she'll have someone write a book with her name on it, hopefully she's able to read it.

If you think you're sick of the unending Michael Jackson saga, you haven't seen anything yet. The media loves a circus like Palin and millions of Americans will watch it in the same gruesome manner as they love to look at a good gory car wreck. How sad for our nation; massive ignorance on a stage in front of a massively ignorant racist redneck audience. Red meat thrown to starving jackals. At least Michael Jackson had the good taste to stay out of politics.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,481 times
Public has always had a obsession with stupid people.....You dont want to believe someone can be so stupid so you keep watching to see if its actually true and so far it is.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Victim, schmictim! Sarah courts the press, then when they don't worship her, she gets mad. I saw her farewell speech in Alaska. She's still on the press. Time magazine had an article about her last week all you Palinistas should read. She basically couldn't take the heat, so she had to get out of the kitchen.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM

134 posts, read 231,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
It's because the Media wants to keep the stars of 2008 Election season on TV to help with it's ratings? Let's be honest, who really cares about Palin anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies