Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,556,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It is the liberal politically correct tolerant left that have been spewing their hate speech against people who are over weight with no consideration for the many causes. Eating too much is only one.

They better look at their own high risk behavior before the point fingers at others making unhealthy choices. Drug use and high risk same sex also costs us plenty.

They are cold, cruel and vile in body and soul (which is normal for them).
As usual, you're just spitting random things w/out thinking about it. I recall all talk about obesity has come from the right. Ever since the taxing on cigarettes started, the right has come out in droves asking "why not start taxing fat people?" That's right, you know it's right.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:49 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hmmm. I might say you were right, but you're wrong. Actually, I hear this all the time from the conservatives who are complaining about cigarette taxes. This & the evils of alcohol. It's always the conservatives I hear it from. Sorry, you're wrong.
What? Have you not been listening to 0bama and the democrats the past 7 months?

To get us to go along with the stimulus, health care, global warming carbon taxes, 0bama and the democrats have demonized:

Corporate CEOs - so he can fire them, and take over their company
Shareholders who want a fair compensation for their stock - see above
Auto manufacturers - see above

Executive pay - so he can try and regulate their compensation
Bonuses paid to an entire company's workforce - see above

Banks - so he can take over 30% controlling ownership of banks and insurance companies and pass TARP/Stimulus bills
Insurance companies - see above
Wall Street - see above
Mortgage lenders - see above

Anyone who flies in corporate jets - so he can tax the rich
People who vacation in Las Vegas - see above
People who make over $250,000 - see above

Doctors, for unethical reasons, are removing children's tonsils to get rich - so he can take over private health insurance
The obese for being a drag on health care - see above
Health Insurance companies - see above
Hospitals - see above
Drug companies - see above

Coal power plants - so he can pass Waxman-Markey AGW tax and spend bill
Americans, who keep their thermostat at 72 degrees all year long, drive SUVs and eat as much as they want - see above
Big oil - see above
Trains, planes and automobiles - see above

"The rich" - so he can raise their taxes time and time again - to fund all his schemes and pay down the monstrous debt and deficit he is creating

Fox news, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity - so he can find a way to limit their free speech with some version of the Fairness Doctrine or thru some new FCC regulations

Find some new legislation the democrats want to pass, and open your eyes and ears to who they say the demons are, that you and I are supposed to despise, in order to justify them passing it, and 0bama signing it into law.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:52 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,902,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Suddenly it's okay to hate fat people.

Articles about obesity have been flooding the media. I can't turn on CNN lately without them going on and on about the deleterious effects fat people are having on our insurance rates.

People are actually suggesting the obese be refused certain kinds of foods at restaurants...imagine that...are we going to have to have cards with our daily BMI listed before can be seated by the maitre d'? Will my wife and I have to step on a scale before we are allowed into a restaurant? What kind of society are we turning into?

And the wave of disdain being unleashed on the obese is staggering. News shows love to depict fat tummies and rears walking by, and suggestions are made that Congress has to step in.

I don't give a damn is someone wants to pudge out, and I'm sure as hell not worried about health costs because of fat people. If Congress really wanted to help the public they would put the screws to the lawyers and come up with strict limits on malpractice lawsuits. My $85 annual medical checkup in 1995 is now $450 in 2009. That's to pay for all the people my doctor had to hire for his backoffice paperwork and his malpractice insurance.

It doesn't have a damn thing to do with obese people and health insurance premiums...that's a red herring folks, and we are being told it's okay to hate fat people because it's all their fault.

This is evil, vile stuff that this country is being sold.
First, they went after smokers, and now it's the obese. What's next on the list, soda drinkers?

Oh yeah, they're proposing a tax on soft drinks; forgot about that one.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
if the gov didn't raise the tabacoo tax so high people would not have quit smoking and gained so much weight. you just can't win. so the food tax is next?
I haven't thought about that, but everyone i know who stopped smoking gained a lot of weight fast.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually yes there will be a tax. They are thinking of $.05 cents on soda and sports and energy drinks with "all the money going to obesity" something-or-another agency.
And of course, that is just a start. Once politicians find an new exciting way to raise taxes, they find many other ways to expand on it. Fast food tax, hotdog tax, potato chip tax, yadda, yadda, yadda ............ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 07-29-2009, 08:06 AM

37,948 posts, read 17,844,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
First, they went after smokers, and now it's the obese. What's next on the list, soda drinkers?

Oh yeah, they're proposing a tax on soft drinks; forgot about that one.
Just last week

Oakland, California, passes landmark marijuana tax.
The measure, passed in special mail-in election Tuesday, imposes a 1.8 percent gross receipts tax on the four licensed medical cannabis dispensaries in Oakland.
These facilities would have to pay about $18 in taxes for every 1,000 in marijuana sales.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:12 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,305,619 times
Fat people are so gross. I see these people at the grocery store and their carts are always full of Little Debby and pork chops YUCK! Then, they walk around with this "feel sorry for me" look in their face. Most fat people are also uneducated and ignorant, nothing makes me angrier than seeing a young kid who is already overweight, I think the parents should be executed because they are ignorant and obviously do not give a damn about their kids. I think I could never live in the South or any small town because it would make me sick to see so many uneducated people everyday. Regardless, I still think parents who feed their young kids with all this junk food should be executed.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:16 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,315,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I still think parents who feed their young kids with all this junk food should be executed.
Nah. Just their fetuses. You're a liberal, remember?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 AM

304 posts, read 888,176 times
Fat or thin, I don't care - in fact I've been both!

But perhaps obese people will be the first group that stands up against their perceived 'discrimination.' Smokers couldn't do it!

Old 07-29-2009, 08:20 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,315,511 times
And then there are the owners of obese dogs.

How do they look at themselves in the mirrors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.