Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
I am not sickly, I have a GP and a Back Doctor (workman comp). Has nothing to do with how I eat, however I eat very healthy and get around just fine(with pain meds). Thanks for your concern
gee how could I not have guessed

Old 10-16-2010, 08:16 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Default This is an easy answer

People have blamed restrants for their getting fat and seued them . that is why people are taking action like this .

Old 10-16-2010, 08:23 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
People have blamed restrants for their getting fat and seued them . that is why people are taking action like this .
Why the hate though? The two topics aren't related.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:42 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Default When Did it Become Okay to Start Hating the Obese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Why the hate though? The two topics aren't related.
Fat people are lazy. They stink. Disgustingly obese, "heavy secreters", porkers, Fatsos, Fat Bastard.

These are some of the things said about 'fat people'. There does seem to be a lot of hate.
To hate someone for their appearance must be a terrible thing to bear.

I feel sorry for ya'll.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 AM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,868 times
Hey sickofnyc99, and GlockUnderMyKilt,

Neither of you, can prove that ALL fat people are stinky and sweaty. That's like saying that if you got mugged by a black person, then ALL black people are muggers. You know that's not true. Yet you try to apply the same logic, to ALL obese people!

And again, you both assume that ALL fat people, stuff themselves, with bad foods. SOME fat people might overeat. But I challenge you both, to prove that ALL fat people are gluttons. Or, by the same token, that ALL thin people DON'T stuff themselves, with junk food.

As for flying, it wouldn't be constitutional, to ban fat people from flying. So unless you request to be seated next to a thin person, you have to expect that you MAY have to sit next a fat person, on a plane. Again, if you can't deal with this, then find another way to travel, besides flying.

Seems that you two will find any petty reason, to hate fat people (which you very obviously do). Rednecks do the same thing, to try and justify their hatred for minorities. So, you two have the same mentality as a redneck does; only in your cases, you're using flimsy excuses, to try and justify your hatred for the obese. Maybe there should be a new word, to describe those who hate the obese, like rednecks hate minorities. Fatnecks perhaps??

Last edited by artwomyn; 10-17-2010 at 09:01 AM..

Old 10-17-2010, 03:02 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,424,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
Hey sickofnyc99, and GlockUnderMyKilt,

Neither of you, can prove that ALL fat people are stinky and sweaty. That's like saying that if you got mugged by a black person, then ALL black people are muggers. You know that's not true. Yet you try to apply the same logic, to ALL obese people!

And again, you both assume that ALL fat people, stuff themselves, with bad foods. SOME fat people might overeat. But I challenge you both, to prove that ALL fat people are gluttons. Or, by the same token, that ALL thin people DON'T stuff themselves, with junk food.

As for flying, it wouldn't be constitutional, to ban fat people from flying. So unless you request to be seated next to a thin person, you have to expect that you MAY have to sit next a fat person, on a plane. Again, if you can't deal with this, then find another way to travel, besides flying.

Seems that you two will find any petty reason, to hate fat people (which you very obviously do). Rednecks do the same thing, to try and justify their hatred for minorities. So, you two have the same mentality as a redneck does; only in your cases, you're using flimsy excuses, to try and justify your hatred for the obese. Maybe there should be a new word, to describe those who hate the obese, like rednecks hate minorities. Fatnecks perhaps??
I'm a weightist. Not ashamed. SOME heavy people overeat? Really? You won't even say most? It's some peoples complete and total denial of the facts that completely blow me away. Everyone has some sort of "condition". Oh my metabolism is slow. BS!!!!! You have poor eating habits and you don't work out. This represents the VAST MAJORITY of obese people. Face it. You know what you're right do ALL obese people smell, no. Do most? Yuppers. Are MOST fat people gluttons? Most likely. Deal with the truth, it will set you free.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:13 PM

This is another scenario I see a whole lot. You're 300lbs for most of your life. Everything seems to be ok for a while, then your knees start to hurt. "Oh my Dad had bad knees too". Why do you think that is? Genetics? Or the fact that your Dad was probably big and the bones in your knees have been grinding on each other for thirty years because they were never meant to hold that type of weight? Probably not genetics. Unless the "fat gene" and the "bad knee gene" are linked.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
It can work the opposite way. Try being the thinnest one in the workplace, the size 4 in the roomful of 18's, and you get treated like a pariah. You get the "up and down" looks, where they start at your ankles, work their way up to your boobs, and down to your ankles again. They accuse you of having an eating disorder because you won't eat the donuts or McDonalds or pizza, and you bring your lunch of tuna or an apple. They tell you you look "sick", or if you catch a cold, it's because you don't "eat enough". On casual Fridays, they are allowed to wear shorts, but if you do (longer ones), you get reprimanded by the supervisors. Even in a skirt, slacks, or suit, you have to endure the dirty looks. Is there a law that says after 40, you have to let yourself go, stop working out, and turn to fat to be in the "club"?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:10 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
I'm a weightist. Not ashamed. SOME heavy people overeat? Really? You won't even say most? It's some peoples complete and total denial of the facts that completely blow me away. Everyone has some sort of "condition". Oh my metabolism is slow. BS!!!!! You have poor eating habits and you don't work out. This represents the VAST MAJORITY of obese people. Face it. You know what you're right do ALL obese people smell, no. Do most? Yuppers. Are MOST fat people gluttons? Most likely. Deal with the truth, it will set you free.

And I guess because they don't have the same views as you they should be hated and stigmatized.

Gays hate straights
Athiests hate Christians
Non smokers hate smokers
Non drinkers hate drinkers
Poor people hate rich people
City people hate country people

Diversity is a great thing...it gives us more people to HATE.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
And I guess because they don't have the same views as you they should be hated and stigmatized.

Gays hate straights
Athiests hate Christians
Non smokers hate smokers
Non drinkers hate drinkers
Poor people hate rich people
City people hate country people

Diversity is a great thing...it gives us more people to HATE.
It has nothing to do with views, it has to do with scientific facts. More calories in and not burned =more fat. Thats it. And you know what, yes when some smoker is polluting a public place and forcing their choices on me I hate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies