Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,561,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Maybe they just figure , "It worked for the Democrats", Why not us! Hope ,change and I am a black . (Winner!!)
Having a black president really burns you up inside, doesn't it?

Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Don't forget Reagans involvement with the birth of the Taliban. The enemy (taliban) of my enemy (USSR) didn't work out so well in the long run, did it?
I'm outta rep for you ,but I owe you.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:28 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,655,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I have been trying, for the life of me, to figure out exactly how the Republican powers that be can actually look at Sarah Palin as a serious candidate for 2012.

Is this some sort of old Republican frat boy prank? Or are they simply planning on using her as a sort of puppet regime should she be elected....heaven forbid!

The last thing that America needs is a President who couldn't locate Afghanistan on a map(or spell it) if her life depended on it. Or worse yet, one who would simply quit in the middle of her term because "those nasty reporters just won't stop writtin' stuff 'bout the family".

I have yet to hear her utter an intelligent sentence...about anything.

I have heard numerous Republican talking heads speak about her as if she was the Virgin Mary/Margaret Thatcher/a female Ronald Reagan And the followers of these talking heads are dumb enough to agree.

For the sake of the country, please just let her go away.

Same line- all republicans are dumb. Just ask any democrat, as they will tell you so.

Many conservatives do not like Palin. However, she was a straight A student in high school and college. I don't think you can be "dumb" and do that. Remember Ross Perot's running mate, Admiral Stockdale? He was inarticulate and percieved by the nation as "dumb" but was actually a pretty intelligent guy. I think that in many instances, politicians who are not polished in public speaking and dodging questions appear "dumb", as we are not used to ordinary citizens speaking in public. We all would fumble. I am definately not a Palin fan at all. But if we want to talk really dumb, let's take a look at Nancy Pelosi.

I like it in the Bush's second campaign in which all the libs kept referring to him as "dumb". They stopped after they found out that Kerry was "dumber", as he had a lower IQ. It was almost as entertaining as the likes of Martin Sheen and other hollywood types, sporting thier GEDs as academic credentials, to refer to a Yale graduate as "dumb".

You are only "dumb" if you are a republican. If you are a liberal with an IQ below 100, the only way that could have happened if your were made that way by society and oppression from rich people. You are the "salt of the earth", "hardworking", but never "dumb", or "racist".

Old 07-29-2009, 04:37 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,540,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He's the VPOTUS and she's a nobody quitter...who's got the game?
Dude gave away the secert hiding place for the VP!!!!

what a maroon....

Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Default Yet another personal opinion based hate thread.

You folks just can't quit can you. Any chance you get to call someone else dumb you take it. Are we all so desperate for boosts to our self esteem that we seize any opportunity we can to attack our political opposites? Have you still not figured out that in Washington, they are all truly on the same team? Why do you continue to fight with each other, further driving a wedge between yourselves and your fellow Americans. My God, it's no wonder we are on our way to destruction. We can't even get along with our neighbors unless they fall under the same political affiliation that we do. Together, we can stand. But it is obvious, we will most certainly have to fall first! Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies