Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel towards the current administration and the state of our country?
We're on the right track 26 25.24%
We're going to bury ourselves in debt forever. The US is rapidly heading downhill under Obama. 73 70.87%
No opinion 4 3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,436,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yea and they are in the minority.

The people bellyaching now are the same bellyaching before the election. Just like before he was elected, what they say now isn't true either.

that is funny because McCain said the economy was fundamentally strong and obama had campaign ads made that attacked McCain for saying that so which is it.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 01:08 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,083,793 times
Considering we have a man in the white house that cannot bring himself to say one positive thing about America we should all be worried. He sucks up to our enemies, bows to foreign kings and has spent a lifetime associating with criminals, America haters, bigots and racists. No one knows anything about him and he cannot articulate anything he wants to pass. He is a liar and a narcissist that should never be trusted.

The most alarm should be focused on his desire to have a civilian force bigger and stronger than all our military.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Considering we have a man in the white house that cannot bring himself to say one positive thing about America we should all be worried. He sucks up to our enemies, bows to foreign kings and has spent a lifetime associating with criminals, America haters, bigots and racists. No one knows anything about him and he cannot articulate anything he wants to pass. He is a liar and a narcissist that should never be trusted.

The most alarm should be focused on his desire to have a civilian force bigger and stronger than all our military.

Let me know when you're ready to talk.

Signed,

Reality

Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 AM

7,786 posts, read 8,022,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr obama is not the source of our problems, it does not matter who is in the oval office, the behavior remains the same, debtor nation.
this will come to an end. learn to grow tomatoes you guna need it.
and tabacoo good tradin crop easy to grow anywhere even Alaska

Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,083,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Let me know when you're ready to talk.

Signed,

Reality

I have a strong sense you would not recognize reality if it jumped up and bit you. EVERYTHING I stated was true about the manufactured teleprez hussein obama.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,458,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I have a strong sense you would not recognize reality if it jumped up and bit you. EVERYTHING I stated was true about the manufactured teleprez hussein obama.
Of course it was, just like WMD, Saddam's connection to Al Queda and Obama's birth certificates right?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:49 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
lol i think Reagen, Bush I and II made sure that happened..those 3 d bags are pretty much responsible for almost all of our debt

Obama not spending as much as the right would like you to think

The U.S. budget situation has deteriorated significantly since 2001, when the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) forecast average annual surpluses of approximately $850 billion from 2009-2012. The average deficit forecast in each of those years is now approximately $1,215 billion.

Recessions or the business cycle (37%);
Policies enacted by President Bush (33%);
Policies enacted by President Bush and supported or extended by President Obama (20%); and
New policies from President Obama (10%).

Since January, CBO has increased its current-law estimate
of the 2009 deficit by $481 billion, to $1.7 trillion (see
Table 1-3). Much of that change stems from lower esti-
mated revenues and the increased costs attributable to the
TARP. Over the 2010–2019 period, CBO has increased
its estimate of the cumulative deficit by $1.3 trillion—
mostly because of recently enacted legislation. Nearly
half of that projected increase occurs in 2010 and 2011,
largely as a result of the 2009 stimulus legislation
(ARRA).

A Preliminary Analysis of the President̢۪s Budget and an Update of CBO̢۪s Budget and Economic Outlook

Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,071,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I was much more afraid of the Bush administration and Cheney being allowed to basically have run of the White House.

I was afraid of WMD being shoved down our throats to wage a war for oil interests.

I was afraid that Bush's associates were allowed to get richer and line their pockets with gold bars and floated away on golden parachutes as the America and its people lost their jobs and their homes.

That's what scared me.
You spoke for me too.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,927,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Aside from my strong conservative point of view on politics, I feel far less secure and comfortable about our future in America right now with the Obama administraton.

Anyone else feel like there are a lot of mysterious things going on behind the scenes? The media hasn't covered much news on what is going on. The healthcare thing is going nowhere. Obama's hospital operating table personality isn't helping me feel comfortable either. I feel like im living in the doctors office right now... that queasy feeling you get and all. Thats how I feel. I even saw a CNN interview the other day at the gym of them interviewing the French finance minister and having her rate our country. I was about ready to throw a weight at the TV...

Not to mention everyday I pull up google news I see that the federal government is planning to spend more money on crap. Today it was 2 billion at the police force to help train recruits better.

I just see more and more and more spending.... It's getting worrisome people
Not scared, just extremely disappointed.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:39 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,071,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Not scared, just extremely disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies