Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:05 AM

481 posts, read 806,751 times

Advertisements

HONOLULU – State officials in Hawaii on Monday said they have once again checked and confirmed that President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen, and therefore meets a key constitutional requirement for being president.

"I ... have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawaii State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen," Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said in a brief statement. "I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago."

So-called "birthers" — who claim Obama is ineligible to be president because, they argue, he was actually born outside the United States — have grown more vocal recently on blogs and television news shows.

Hawaii again declares Obama birth certificate real - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_birth_certificate - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,106 times
Who cares...

Old 07-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Obama's birth certificate along with birth notices from the two Honolulu newspapers were brought forward even before he took office. But that's done nothing to shake the belief by many Obama critics that the president was born abroad.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Who cares...
I agree, and could not understand people like Rush Limbaugh and Lou Dobbs making a big deal out of this.

So now they can lay it to rest at long last!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:11 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Who cares...
lou dobbs, conservatives, a few in the military

Old 07-28-2009, 09:07 AM

683 posts, read 825,196 times
I haven't put much time or interest in to the "truther" deal but when I saw this on the mainstream news this morning I flipped over to one of the "truther" web-sites wnd.com to get their spin on the statement. We have a Hawaii health official assuring us that they have seen the records (proof) with their own eyes but we still do not have the release of the long from birth certificate. Why not?

Not that the birth certificate would really clear anything up, Obama has already proven that he is not qualified to be President......

Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Wow. Am I glad that nonsense is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I haven't put much time or interest in to the "truther" deal but when I saw this on the mainstream news this morning I flipped over to one of the "truther" web-sites wnd.com to get their spin on the statement. We have a Hawaii health official assuring us that they have seen the records (proof) with their own eyes but we still do not have the release of the long from birth certificate. Why not?

Not that the birth certificate would really clear anything up, Obama has already proven that he is not qualified to be President......
Spoke too soon.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:15 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Wow. Am I glad that nonsense is over.Spoke too soon.
its not over...trust me

Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post

Why do you need the release of the long form birth certificate? The State of Hawaii confirms that they have the birth records, and that the birth records confirm that Obama was born in Hawaii. Who do you want the State of Hawaii to release its records to? Do you really think the State of Hawaii is involved in some conspiracy? If not, then Obama IS qualified to be President, isn't he, though you might disagree with some of the things he's done?

Old 07-28-2009, 09:48 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
No one who screams about it will care. It's all done to avoid the debate on the solutions he is implementing...as if he is not a legitimate citizen then it kills everything he does without debate. Which is good for the opposition because people can disagree and the opposition can lose.

To me the debate was over a long time ago, the only people left are those who refuse to see generally accepted reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies