Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Nothing wrong with that..bout time we touted our pride instead of some who have guilt.....
Yeah...........we don't learn enough about the glorious achievements of white people in our schools or through the media. Whites need something to build their self-esteem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Glenn Beck stood up for "white people and white culture" and Foxnews stands behind them (I bet they won't fire him)
Now there's no doubt that Foxnews is the official "White pride" channel.

BTW, I'm not saying that they are racist, they are just proud

The Associated Press: Fox's Glenn Beck: President Obama is a racist

Beck made the statement during a guest appearance Tuesday on the "Fox & Friends" morning show. He said Obama has exposed himself as a person with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture."
I did not see your quote for Beck in the article you linked to: "white people and white culture". In fact, i cannot find any where that quotes Glen Beck as making that quote, where he stands up for "white people and white culture". It seems that you are quoting Beck, and using that quote to disparage Beck and Fox for being the "White pride channel".

Beck is full of satire, and he does plenty of satirical spoofs to gain people's attention and get them thinking about whatever topic he is on.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did not see your quote for Beck in the article you linked to: "white people and white culture". In fact, i cannot find any where that quotes Glen Beck as making that quote, where he stands up for "white people and white culture".

Beck is full of satire, and he does plenty of satirical spoofs to gain people's attention and get them thinking about whatever topic he is on.
Yes, calling the President of the United States a racist is quite satirical. Really got me thinking.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
There's no "Latino channel"... there are channels in Spanish
If you watch them, you'll notice that most people that work in those channels could pass as a white person if they speak English.

This lovely young woman was born in Brazil and speaks Portuguese as her first language - is she 'passing' for a white person?

Gisele Bündchen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by TigerLily24; 07-30-2009 at 08:31 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah...........we don't learn enough about the glorious achievements of white people in our schools or through the media. Whites need something to build their self-esteem.
I think we need to learn more..after all there is just so much to learn about us white folks...

Old 07-30-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
I think we need to learn more..after all there is just so much to learn about us white folks...
You're right. I've been trying to figure y'all out for years...........

Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 AM

324 posts, read 1,138,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
i will continue to watch it. black people have BET and others. we deserve a channel as well.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did not see your quote for Beck in the article you linked to: "white people and white culture".
It's at about the 1 minute mark.

YouTube - Glenn Beck: Obama is a RACIST! Hates White Folks!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What reason would whites have to feel that their culture (or existence, or rights, or hegemony) is being threatened in any way?

Where did I mention that? I just said what's wrong with having pride or being proud about your culture?

After all the thread is titled "white pride channel". Am I supposed to be ashamed of being white?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:57 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,421 times
Default beck needs to be spanked

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Beck is a brain dead racist moron....
I think he has lost his mind, that is, if he ever had one to start with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies