Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:19 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If they did an unauthorized search, they are performing an illegal activity.
All records would be flagged.
If they're so stupid, fire them.

Just because I have access to records, does not give me the right to do an unauthorized search.
It's a matter of integrity; USN Ret, you do know what integrity is, don't you?
You are correct, it was an unauthorized search. If they did that to me without provocation I'd be p*ssed as hell.

What's even stupider are some of these cops from across the country (three of them here in the DFW metroplex) who sent out racially charged emails on Police Department computers...

This is good, it helps weed out the rif-raf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:22 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Maybe Homeland Security authorized the search?

I thought the Obama/Bush team backed patriot act gave the government permission to run background checks on US citizens. Exceptions are made for certain individuals?

Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
I think the cops acted stupidly searching Obama, but I also think this shouldn't be condoned with Joe the Plumber either, rules are rules.
I agree with that completely I dont support the cops doing this like I didnt support it happening to Joe the Plumber.

I dont think democrats have any room to complain about this happening when they more then approved of it happening to Joe the plumber and even went around posting Joe the Plumbers info all over the internet.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:27 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
If they did an unauthorized search, they are performing an illegal activity.
All records would be flagged.
If they're so stupid, fire them.

Just because I have access to records, does not give me the right to do an unauthorized search.
It's a matter of integrity; USN Ret, you do know what integrity is, don't you?
Yeah I'm sure you felt that way when it happened to Joe the plumber

Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
It even happens to federal employees.

Here's a link and story.

News Articles: Removal of 13-Year Employee Upheld by Court (http://www.fedsmith.com/article/2071/ - broken link)

Removal of 13-Year Employee Upheld by Court
Yet another employee of the Internal Revenue Service has learned the hard way that the agency has no tolerance for its employees accessing taxpayer databases without an official business purpose. (McLeod v. Department of the Treasury, C.A.F.C. No. 2008-3335 (nonprecedential), 6/17/09)

In this latest case, a Tax Examining Technician with a good 13-year employment record nevertheless was fired for accessing the agency's taxpayer database without official reason or authorization on 15 separate occasions over several years. (Opinion p. 2)

Old 07-30-2009, 07:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
LOL, yeah right.
2 years on the campaign with rightwingers searching for everything..And coming up with nothing but "birfers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, just like we know about his time at Harvard and Columbia, his time at all those foundations he was involved with, etc, etc, etc.
We do...What is it we don't know? Please share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Why not this was done to Joe the Plumber and democrats supported that.

The excuse was he was in the public. Is Obama not in the public
Are you whacks comparing Joe the Plumber to the President of the United States? Very sad. I don't condone unauthorized searches of any kind but comparing the two is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Maybe Homeland Security authorized the search?

I thought the Obama/Bush team backed patriot act gave the government permission to run background checks on US citizens. Exceptions are made for certain individuals?
The two hillbilly cops had no reason to search Obama..It is in fact unauthorized access to search a name without cause.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:34 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

Are you whacks comparing Joe the Plumber to the President of the United States? Very sad. I don't condone unauthorized searches of any kind but comparing the two is ridiculous.

Lets see. One is an unauthorized seach. The other is an unauthorized search. And you're saying you cant compare that? Who is the whack again?

The two hillbilly cops had no reason to search Obama..It is in fact unauthorized access to search a name without cause.

Oh come on....those hillbilly's just wanted to see what the hoodrat has been up to. Let me guess...that's racist though, huh?

Enjoy.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:36 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
If they had run an unauthorized search on Joe the Plumber they would have been placed on leave, too.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times
Quote:
Why not this was done to Joe the Plumber and democrats supported that.
IIRC the employee who did that was either placed on admin leave during the investigation and/or fired outright.

Odd how the righties who always complain about the "awesome police power of Obama and his Gestapo" only see the good in their own Gestapo.

golfgod

Old 07-30-2009, 07:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Enjoy.
Enjoy what?? You missed the "witty" train on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies