Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 11:51 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times

Advertisements

And Eric Holder and the Obama administration said okay.

Burlingame: Shoe Bomber Richard Reid Sues to Resume Jihad from Prison - WSJ.com

I miss Bush. I don't always like what he did, but one thing for sure, I took a certain comfort knowing he had the best interests of this country at heart.

The more I try to understand the actions of this administration the less I get it. Why do they want to weaken this country? Why did you people vote for him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I wonder if this criminal knows that felons sacrifice their rights as part of their punishment. Apparently he does not.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:57 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
He wasn't especially concerned about the right to life of the other passengers of the plane he wanted to bomb. I guess rights are a one way street with this pansy.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times
Better look out on your next flight......he might be in the seat beside you thanks to those two goons Bambi and Holder.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,730 times
Hopefully some prison justice will come his way and then we'll be rid of him for good.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:40 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
The cowardly left sinks to a new low on a weekly basis. Thank you, Obama voter, for transforming this nation into a society of limp-wristed pansies fearful of trampling the "rights" of those terrorists that set out to harm us. We owe you one big round of applause for being so kind-hearted.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

I miss Bush. I don't always like what he did, but one thing for sure, I took a certain comfort knowing he had the best interests of this country at heart.

The more I try to understand the actions of this administration the less I get it. Why do they want to weaken this country? Why did you people vote for him?
It sounds to me as if he's being moved somewhere else.

What am I missing?

edit -- okay -- these SAMs are expiring, and he's being moved somewhere... "On July 6, Justice Department lawyers informed the court that Reid will be given a 'new placement'' in a 'post-SAMs setting.'”

a post-SAMs setting, that doesnt in the least mean he's being given more freedom; the WSJ admits it doesnt know what it means.

The rest of that para is "Whether that entails stepped down security in a different unit or transfer to a less secure facility, the Bureau of Prisons won’t say, and Justice refuses to comment."

The WSJ is just fear-mongering at this point-- hoping that less security is in this story. No one knows yet what "post-SM setting" means.

Last edited by delusianne; 07-30-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 01:54 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
I'm a Democrat but I disagree with this action. This man is dangerous, he should NOT be allowed company of others that he could be planning MORE attacks on our country. He can learn to pray alone. He should have NO phone privileges, no visitations and no letter writing.

Just my opinion. That should be a given when you board a plane full of innocent people with the INTENT on blowing it up.

Maybe some of the Arian gangs will get ahold of him in prison and do what should have been done in the first place. Sometimes you have to wait for justice and sometimes it comes from the strangest places, sort of like how Dahmer got life in prison but another prisoner saw it differently and stabbed him to death. Justice in the end.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:00 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

The shoe bomber should have considered the impacts his crime have on his constitutional rights before breaking our laws. He gets no sympathy from me.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:02 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Better look out on your next flight......he might be in the seat beside you thanks to those two goons Bambi and Holder.
Is it really necessary to call Obama and Biden : "bambi and holder"? Why can't many CD posters post their opinions without resorting to childish name calling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies