U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:31 PM

29,416 posts, read 14,562,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I understand but some are acting like this will hurt people when it will not hurt anyone at all.

They do not have the extra money to be tossing it around like this.

Sure I do, my Dad still has his 1977 Chevy pickup truck and its still in near mint condition with only 45k miles on it.
Of course it won't hurt anyone to end the program. There are a lot of reasons not to participate.

In my case, my 1995 F150 only has 135,000 miles and I drive less than 100 miles per week in it. I'd be an idiot to take on a vehicle payment to double my fuel economy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 PM

15,429 posts, read 19,976,396 times
This old geezer will keep both of his old clunkers, my two half-century old tractors and my money.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM

29,416 posts, read 14,562,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
This old geezer will keep both of his old clunkers, my two half-century old tractors and my money.
I was getting to that...

Old 07-30-2009, 08:56 PM

4,455 posts, read 3,998,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I understand that there are pages upon pages of government forms to fill out and then mail in.

You know how bad it is to just buy a car without any red tape..hours. Now imagine a new pile of government forms to fill out.

Folks..this is what your government sponsored health insurance process will look like. Take a good hard look at this.
A little fear mongering going on eh? Well you do what you do best or I should say the Republican Party, they just have no solutions other than try to scare the crap out of you. What's up with that Euthanasia of Senior Citizens, what a load of crap. You should be mighty proud of your morally bankrupt party trying to scare the hell out of the Senior Citizens.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 80,786,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
A little fear mongering going on eh? Well you do what you do best or I should say the Republican Party, they just have no solutions other than try to scare the crap out of you. What's up with that Euthanasia of Senior Citizens, what a load of crap. You should be mighty proud of your morally bankrupt party trying to scare the hell out of the Senior Citizens.
Yeah..I'm fearmongering the CD posters. Do you not read and stay informed on current events ?

BBB encourages auto dealers to follow the CARS guidelines:Violations, including postdating paperwork, carry $15,000 fines - BBB News Center

"The BBB is urging all its auto dealers to follow the final 136-page set of guidelines for the Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save -- or CARS -- program, otherwise known as "cash for clunkers," that were issued by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Friday, July 24."

Cash for Clunkers Bill Details: CARS Program | Prime Time Money

How Dealers are doing under the Cash for Clunkers (CARS) Program
"If you haven’t processed a deal yet, it looks like quite a few pages of scanned document uploads and tons of deal information. We were thinking about hiring a temp to do the processing.."

Old 07-30-2009, 09:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 80,786,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I've replied to your posts numerous times that I'm not a Republican.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM

90,346 posts, read 114,945,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You and team Obama preach college education when we all know there is no jobs available for college grads under the Obama plan.

WTF? My daughter just graduated from PT school, drives a 12 year old clunker, and just started a job this week. This program would have been great for her, as she needs a new car badly.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:17 PM

35,781 posts, read 39,357,201 times
My clunker didn't qualify anyway

Old 07-31-2009, 01:56 AM

26,666 posts, read 27,512,865 times
Update:

Transportation Department officials called lawmakers' offices earlier Thursday to alert them of plans to suspend the program as early as Friday. But a White House official said later the program had not been suspended and officials there were assessing their options.

White House reviewing ‘cash for clunkers’ - Autos- msnbc.com

Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 AM

139 posts, read 249,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We were thinking about hiring a temp to do the processing.."
See... Obama's creating jobs after all! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies