Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

If i9t happened woth someone else that person would be meeting in court. I guess Biden was there to make sure Obama didn't say something stuipd agian ;which is a laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 08:53 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
There should have been an apology to the officer.

I think the cop should not have gone, in the first place. "Thanks...but no thanks Mr. President"

Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
There was no expectation of an apology from anyone.

There was however an opportunity for ALL of them to revisit how each person either overreacted, spoke out of limited information or overstepped their bounds.

I am really glad that they made the effort to make the rhetoric die down.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:54 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
There should have been an apology to the officer.

I think the cop should not have gone, in the first place. "Thanks...but no thanks Mr. President"
Then he REALLY looks like an a-hole. Declining an invite from the POTUS, you may as well just destroy any additional doors opening for you in the future.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:55 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Ridiculous!

Neither Gates or Obama apologized to the Police officer during this photo op for Obama.

Gates owes him an apology for acting like such a fool and at least Obama owes him one for sticking his nose into something that was no concern of his and calling police officers stupid.

So, what was the point of the beer party? I understand they talked but why even go that far if two people cannot be honest enough to know that they made mistake and owe the police officer an apology.

Both Gates and Obama were in the wrong here and no apology.

So we tax payers paid for this beer party just so Obama could make himself look like he was being mr nice guy and still did not apologize for his mistake.

Amazing how Obama thinks we can be fooled so easily.

Sure it might have been productive to talk but the WH has more important things to do in a day to have a photo op and get zero results.

And why the heck was Joe Biden there anyway? Another prop?

Breitbart.tv » ‘Cordial and Productive’: Cambridge Police Sgt. Crowley Says No One Apologized
Prop, prop,

Fizz, fizz,

"Oh,what a relief it is."

Alka Censor

Hey, Bro! Have some Bromide!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:59 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Ridiculous!

Neither Gates or Obama apologized to the Police officer during this photo op for Obama.

Gates owes him an apology for acting like such a fool and at least Obama owes him one for sticking his nose into something that was no concern of his and calling police officers stupid.

So, what was the point of the beer party? I understand they talked but why even go that far if two people cannot be honest enough to know that they made mistake and owe the police officer an apology.

So we tax payers paid for this beer party just so Obama could make himself look like he was being mr nice guy and still did not apologize for his mistake.

Sure it might have been productive to talk but the WH has more important things to do in a day to have a photo op and get zero results.

Breitbart.tv » ‘Cordial and Productive’: Cambridge Police Sgt. Crowley Says No One Apologized
Then neither party felt they were at fault... The whole thing was to get together a dialogue. If they intended to apologize to one another than they would have telephoned one another ya think? Of course I am really surprised you are not whining about the beer the tax payers may had to foot.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
if gates was able to go the length of time it takes to drink a glass of beer without his usual mindless bleating about 'racism,' that would be an accomplishment of sorts, i guess.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:08 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Ridiculous!

Boy, I get the feeling that you're really p*ssed off that this didn't blow up, that they didn't point fingers at each other and basically act like idiots. Instead, it seems as though they all acted in a mature fashion and tried to get past the initial actions and rhetoric.

Good for them.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if gates was able to go the length of time it takes to drink a glass of beer without his usual mindless bleating about 'racism,' that would be an accomplishment of sorts, i guess.
I see a disturbed child

Old 07-30-2009, 09:44 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Boy, I get the feeling that you're really p*ssed off that this didn't blow up, that they didn't point fingers at each other and basically act like idiots. Instead, it seems as though they all acted in a mature fashion and tried to get past the initial actions and rhetoric.

Good for them.
Look if you want race relations to be better then you need a President who is not going to take sides in an issue that could blow up. Especially if he was taking the sides of someone who has a racist background and has an attorney who has a racist background and who happens to be Obamas mentor in college.

Obama has caused this country to step back many years by allowing this type of behavior to continue.

The professor and Obama were in the wrong, the cop was doing his job.

Obama or Gates should have apologized for their mistakes.

It would have made the entire thing go away quickly but Obama chose to not apologize because it would make him look like he did something wrong.

Which he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies