Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Oh my God, why did you tell her! Now she's going to find out that every gift her husband ever gave her cost less than she thought it did.

I just laughed right out loud over that one. I don't know where "here" is, but I'm in NYC and I think walking into a store and asking for a Jew Discount would likely get you hit with a pickle.
Hah, I'm in LI, but lived in Brooklyn for quite some time, around a LOT of Jews. Can you imagine trying to get the "Jew Discount". Hilarious.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hell, look what most of them do right here on CD...discredit, marginalize, and criticize every thread, post or individual who says anything negative or expresses their opinion about Israel. It's pathetic.
How do you know who is Jewish and who isn't on CD?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
BTW - if Jews are so omniscient why did they put their country in the only place in the Middle East WITHOUT and OIL? That was not a very bright move.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:48 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not want politics dominated by Jews, Christians, Kristians, Mammonites, Muslims, Buddhists, etc or any other religion. I want the politicians to leave religion at the door of Congress and to work for the secular well being of their constituents. I want my Rep to work to make my district a better place to live and work. I will take care of my religion myself and do not need any government help or hindrance.

BTW – if Jews actually rule the world they are not doing such a good job. Who do I complain to?
Used to be Jerry Lewis, now you can take your grievances to Jerry Seinfeld.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Hah, I'm in LI, but lived in Brooklyn for quite some time, around a LOT of Jews. Can you imagine trying to get the "Jew Discount". Hilarious.
I think what the poster meant was that within certain Jewish communities, they will extend themselves to other Jews within a network of professions and services. Doing a favor or a good deed for another is considered a "Mitvah" and it is expected that you do it whenever possible. It is supposed to come back as a positive thing for you. What goes around, come around school of thought. I think that every religion must have this in their teachings, but Jews do utilize it often. The Sephardic, Hasidic and Lubavitch communities are all very separate, but each is tightly knit within their own community.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think what the poster meant was that within certain Jewish communities, they will extend themselves to other Jews within a network of professions and services. Doing a favor or a good deed for another is considered a "Mitvah" and it is expected that you do it whenever possible. It is supposed to come back as a positive thing for you. What goes around, come around school of thought. I think that every religion must have this in their teachings, but Jews do utilize it often. The Sephardic, Hasidic and Lubavitch communities are all very separate, but each is tightly knit within their own community.
She said she knew someone who CONVERTED! and gets a "Jew Discount" at stores.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:17 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
She said she knew someone who CONVERTED! and gets a "Jew Discount" at stores.
I heard of a dentist one time that converted just for the jokes...I think his name was Tim Whatley

The Yada Yada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-31-2009, 09:20 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
Jews have been discriminated against for a thousand years because they put education before all else; pure jealousy because Jews as a group are very successful.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 AM

1,335 posts, read 3,148,457 times
I think another part of this is somewhat Darwinian. Look at who survived the Holocaust, and you'll find that the people that were able to outsmart the germans, or the ones that saved and were able to buy their way out survived. Much like if you know any rural Americans who lived in the Depression Era, certain survival techniques turn into a value system. Frugality, assimilation of influence, education, and sense of community all play into this.

It's really pretty stupid to blame someone else's assimilation of "power" on anyone but yourself. For goodness sake, take control of your destiny, apply yourself, and have a favorable impact on the world around you. If someone else is getting to do this, it's because they are putting in more effort than you, so quit whining and do something (positive) about it.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:00 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Hell, look what most of them do right here on CD...discredit, marginalize, and criticize every thread, post or individual who says anything negative or expresses their opinion about Israel. It's pathetic.
You mean, as opposed to your own, much more worldly and rational, bigoted viewpoint?

All anyone has to do is go through C-D and look at the threads you've started, the posts you've made, to see that you're quite a bit more biased than anyone else around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies