Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

The problem is casual sex with no forethought.
If I were a woman I would be damned selective about my partner given the possibilities. Not only that but if I didn't want an unplanned pregnancy I would be doubling up on the birth control. That said we are all human heat of the moment and all that. Her body her choice. My issue is with a lopsided system.
Take child support for example. In my state women generally pay less child support than men who earn the same money. Courts tend to side with the mother in child custody cases. Children and youth tend to look at the father as being bad and assume the worst about him. Not at all impartial.
Take my daughter for example. woefully neglected by the mother, hospitalized not once but 3 times due to neglect, Doctors filing medical neglect complaints against the mother and it cost me 26 grand in legal fees to get my daughter out of that house.
Back on topic.
The woman if pregnant carries the burden, the damage done by a pregnancy and lets be real many men don't want to raise someone elses kid. So where is she at? very limited options. In short regardless of the mans participation the woman ends up with a bigger share of the R. Conversly say the man gets custody of the baby. Women seem to have less of an issue raising someone elses child.
I think that the choice in the end should be the womans.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:14 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Actually, I dont have problems finding dates. I also know many women that are open minded and agree with me, only one of which has kids.

If you think this is something that makes me angry your wrong. It takes more than something like this to make me angry. Hit a woman and you'll see how angry I can get, hurt someone I care about and you'll see how angry I can get. Try to control my life or try to force me to live a way I do not want to and you'll see how angry I can get.
It may very well be that your definition of 'open minded' and mine differ greatly.

Your posts read very angry. You say you're not - maybe you should re-read them and reconsider.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:41 PM

604 posts, read 1,185,991 times
Quote:
I am so sick of hearing that women have to go through 9 months of pregnancy...fine then lets match it..men only have to pay 9 months of child support. hey its equal. But making a man pay for 18 years on a child he did not want and in most cases could not or did not see is wrong. 9 months of pregnancy is not match for 18 years of financial struggles. Also, abortion is not that bad. I know many women that have done it and some have done it more than once. If it was so bad people would hesitate to do it, but they dont. It is a process that is followed by a few days worth of cramps and a few other detailed issues and that is it. It is still no match for what a man is forced to pay.
What about the woman who doesn't really want to be a mother just yet, but doesn't believe in abortion, and doesn't want to give the child up for adoption? She will have the baby, whether she wanted to or not. She is forced to deal, to pay.....

Old 08-03-2009, 04:00 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
You gonna pay for it? This procedure isnt a walk in the park. It is a pain in the ...well you know. This procedure does hurt and have its side effects. Also, it is not 100% reversible. there are risks involved.

Also, if a woman wants a kid..she should find a husband or go to a sperm bank. It should not fall on the man to be the only responsible on when it comes to sex. It takes two to tango so it should take two to be responsible. The woman should be on birth control and the man should wear a condom. If either decides not to do so, your in idiot and get this very mess we are talking about. I refuse to have sex with anyone I do not know and am not sure if they are on birth control. I have to know for a fact that they are or I do not get involved. I also, wear a condom.
You don't want to pay child support when you go spilling sperm all over God's green Earth, nor do you want to pay for a vasectomy.

You can't eat your cake and have it, too.

Keep it in your pants, go home and 'enjoy' an adult mag. Then you don't have to worry, do you?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,974,991 times
If women dont want children couldnt they keep their legs closed?...yet no one discourages women from also being allowed access to measures to terminate their financial obligation, via abortion.

Shouldnt men have some recourse to abort their financial obligation to an unwanted child in the event that, they, just like the female didnt exercise any contraceptive precautions?

The problem with the justice system is that it still views impregnation/conception as something that a male imposes on a female, as though a female is the victim of a male's actions...rather than accepting the reality that both parties are equally responsible for participating in intercourse, and the resulting pregnancy.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:43 PM

604 posts, read 1,185,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
If women dont want children couldnt they keep their legs closed?...yet no one discourages women from also being allowed access to measures to terminate their financial obligation, via abortion.

Shouldnt men have some recourse to abort their financial obligation to an unwanted child in the event that, they, just like the female didnt exercise any contraceptive precautions?

The problem with the justice system is that it still views impregnation/conception as something that a male imposes on a female, as though a female is the victim of a male's actions...rather than accepting the reality that both parties are equally responsible for participating in intercourse, and the resulting pregnancy.
We've been through this already.....the blame game.....both could have made better decisions, but neither one did, so they're both in this situation. And if the woman chooses abortion, then BOTH of them 'terminate their financial obligations'.
But terminating an unwanted pregnancy is very different than terminating an unwanted financial obligation. I didn't really want to use that credit card, but I did, and I didn't think of the consequences, or the interest I'd have to pay, so maybe I could just 'abort that financial obligation' to....I didn't want it anyway.
Your last sentence says it all:
Both parties are equally responsible
She may not want the baby either, but she has it anyway because she doesn't want an abortion and she doesn't want to give it away to strangers. I guess you think you're entitled to bail in that situation too. All these arguments are just a weak attempt to get out of a life changing event. The reality is, your whole world can change within seconds....a car wreck, a pregnancy, a DWI, an impulsive decision.....all these things can change your life completely, maybe just for a while, maybe forever. That's reality.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
She may not want the baby either, but she has it anyway because she doesn't want an abortion and she doesn't want to give it away to strangers. I guess you think you're entitled to bail in that situation too.
I already said what I think should happen in this scenario...should she decide to have a baby she doesnt want, she should be absolved of any financial obligation, and the male should assume custody of the child and all financial obligations, if he wants the child...if not, sure put the child up for adoption...sounds fair to me

Quote:
All these arguments are just a weak attempt to get out of a life changing event.
I agree with this statement...all of these arguments (including those arguments favoring a woman's decision to abort a child in this instance) are just weak attempts to get out of a life changing event.

But then again, thats what both men and women do.

They seek ways to avoid dealing with the consequences of their actions.

By the way, I could careless who's to blame...Whoever is to blame, Im simply saying that males should have some recourse to abandon his obligations to a child he does not consent to. I dont advocate that a woman should have a child and be forced to assume responsibility for it, solely because a man wants the child...

likewise I dont think men should always be forced to assume responsibility for children that they did not consent to.

It has nothing to do with who's to blame...I operate from the stance that they BOTH share equal blame.

Just because the current reality is not what I propose, doesnt mean it cant become the reality...things can and should change IMO

Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,057 times
Quote:
What about the woman who doesn't really want to be a mother just yet, but doesn't believe in abortion, and doesn't want to give the child up for adoption? She will have the baby, whether she wanted to or not. She is forced to deal, to pay.....
So if the mother CHOOSES to not get an abortion, and CHOOSES to not give the kid up for abortion, she is CHOOSING to raise a baby. Abortion and adoption may be hard choices to make, but thats because they are life changing choices. You can't say this woman didn't have every option available to her because she did, and she CHOSE to keep her baby. Just like she CHOSE to have unprotected sex.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I have to tell you - I have known MANY women who actually ENJOYED being pregnant - that did not consider being pregnant as "going through hell".

IMO, you are prejudiced -

Someday, you might actually have the opportunity to enjoy being a mom.
I have to tell you-just because many women enjoy being pregnant does not mean I will or another woman will.

Prejudiced? How?

Don't say that. I don't ever want to be a mother.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
So if the mother CHOOSES to not get an abortion, and CHOOSES to not give the kid up for abortion, she is CHOOSING to raise a baby. Abortion and adoption may be hard choices to make, but thats because they are life changing choices. You can't say this woman didn't have every option available to her because she did, and she CHOSE to keep her baby. Just like she CHOSE to have unprotected sex.

No NO!...it is blasphemy you speak...women dont choose anything...everything is done TO them...

The man maliciously chose to force her to have sex, and he also forced her to engage in unprotected sex despite the fact that there are female condoms, birth control pills/patches etc... Since the man imposed all of these things onto his mate, she is then completely justified in her decision to abort her responsibility to that child.

The only person we should demand absolute responsibility from should be the father. He should have used protection and/or gotten a vasectomy. As a matter of fact he should have abstained from sex altogether. Better yet, he shouldnt have even been born, he should have been aborted altogether..

Talk about realities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies