Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM
obo obo started this thread

916 posts, read 986,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The dollar is worthless? Super inflation? Where are you finding that? So far as I know, the inflation rate is still less than 1% and the dollar is still the basic world currency.

And, when it comes to "big brother" keeping you in line, where were you over the past 8 years?

Was the Patriot Act, unwarranted wire-tapping, the filtering of every e-mail sent in the name of "national security," the holding of "suspects" indefinitely under the authority of nothing more than a Presidential directive and the classification of those suspects as terrorists or terrorist supporters by some law enforcement bureaucrat, the banning of shampoo from airline flights under the authority of the TSA and the "extraordinary rendition" of those who violate the new standards to countries which WILL torture them to gain a confession was the result of the "left?"

Not unless you're willing to admit that the current incarnation of the Republican Party are the "left." Remember, they held uncontested power in the federal government when all these things came to pass. A majority in both Houses of Congress AND the Presidency.
laughable. You guys are so damn worried about the Patriot Act, if you're not planning a terrorist attack or trying to get info on how to build a bomb, you have nothing to worry about. You just wait until you get what you wished for. And you're also not being honest with yourself. It will take a couple of years for the high taxes and inflation to hit. The dollars value will go down tremendously, it is simple economics. You can't just keep printing billions of dollars with nothing to back it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

I had someone tell me it was Reagan's fault.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:28 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times
odo for someone not wanting to her excuses you sure are full of them...what a epic fail this thread and you are.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
no really what have they done other than added 10% to the 2009-2012 deficit
for some odd reason, I don't think your 10% figure is correct at all. We currently have an ADDED deficit greater than any other time in history and greater than all other administrations combined.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
What the left is going to say and all the excuses that they make up when they are struggling to live because the dollar is worthless and we have super taxation and inflation. I also want to see who they are going to point the finger to when the country is absolutely bankrupt, or how they will justify that having big brother watching over you at all times to "keep you in line" with their agenda is the American thing to do. I just really can't wait, it's kinda like waiting for Christmas or something. I will be very amusing for sure.
you already are.

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
The dollar is worthless? Super inflation? Where are you finding that? So far as I know, the inflation rate is still less than 1% and the dollar is still the basic world currency.

And, when it comes to "big brother" keeping you in line, where were you over the past 8 years?

Was the Patriot Act, unwarranted wire-tapping, the filtering of every e-mail sent in the name of "national security," the holding of "suspects" indefinitely under the authority of nothing more than a Presidential directive and the classification of those suspects as terrorists or terrorist supporters by some law enforcement bureaucrat, the banning of shampoo from airline flights under the authority of the TSA and the "extraordinary rendition" of those who violate the new standards to countries which WILL torture them to gain a confession was the result of the "left?"

Not unless you're willing to admit that the current incarnation of the Republican Party are the "left." Remember, they held uncontested power in the federal government when all these things came to pass. A majority in both Houses of Congress AND the Presidency.
I will admit that with enthusiasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
odo for someone not wanting to her excuses you sure are full of them...what a epic fail this thread and you are.
It's that truth thing again isn't it. You'll see, you will be struggling to survive right along with the rest of us.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
You can't just keep printing billions of dollars with nothing to back it up.
Why not? We've been doing it for decades.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
you already are.
????

Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Why not? We've been doing it for decades.
I don't think it has been going on at this magnitude for decades. The last time, under Carter when things got this bad inflation killed us. It will be worse this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies