U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 20,964,512 times
Reputation: 2518

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
LMAO! $500+ per month? That would be a BMW or Lexus or Mercedes. Who on earth is going to lend money for a Mercedes to someone making $20k a year? How 'bout you? Wanna lend Fred fifty grand?
You obviously haven't bought a car recently...do you think the people trading in clunkers also have perfect credit?

Quote:
Your claim of motivation is equally nutty. Why would anyone willfully sell cars that they know will be repossessed in less than a year? What've you been smokin'?
You mean like all those people who got sub prime mortgages????
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:16 PM
 
19,209 posts, read 14,530,688 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
It is just as bad as the Democrat led sub-prime. I am sure that Fred who makes $20,000 a year and drives the 20 year old clunker worth $500 for parts can really now afford that $500.00+ new car payment. Give me a break! Look into the details of the program, it is just a way to give out cars that will be repossessed in less than a year.
I am hoping for a good deal on a repo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 10,102,857 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why are you lying?
It is not about getting such vehicles off the road,otherwise there would not have been so many restrictions upon the year of vehicles put in place.
Are the vehicles secretly being put back on the road?

You guys are really something. When the stimulus passed, those on the right complained that the bill wasn't stimulative. The CARS program has been very stimulative, and you are complaining about that, too. It just shows that you care nothing about your country. You only care about winning. Sore losers. All of you. Pathetic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 20,964,512 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Are the vehicles secretly being put back on the road?

You guys are really something. When the stimulus passed, those on the right complained that the bill wasn't stimulative. The CARS program has been very stimulative, and you are complaining about that, too. It just shows that you care nothing about your country. You only care about winning. Sore losers. All of you. Pathetic.
Because for some reason the fedgov. decided vehicles that actually ARE polluting and ARE gas guzzlers and SHOULD most likely be removed did not meet the grade.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 10,102,857 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You obviously haven't bought a car recently...do you think the people trading in clunkers also have perfect credit?
I bought a new Road King two weeks ago. You obviously are talking out of your behind.

Do you determine someone's credit rating by the car they drive? I don't know any bank that does so. Why do you? Stereotyping? Generalizing?

$500+ per month. Do the math.


Quote:
You mean like all those people who got sub prime mortgages????
Irrelevant. Try to stick to the topic at hand.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 10,102,857 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Because for some reason the fedgov. decided vehicles that actually ARE polluting and ARE gas guzzlers and SHOULD most likely be removed did not meet the grade.
The World According to Oz.

Whine, whine, whine. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The difference between the trade-ins and new cars is almost ten MPG. That's a success. That you can't handle success from this administratrion is a personal problem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 20,964,512 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I bought a new Road King two weeks ago. You obviously are talking out of your behind.

Do you determine someone's credit rating by the car they drive? I don't know any bank that does so. Why do you? Stereotyping? Generalizing?
Sigh...when you have less than stellar credit you cannot get a good interest rate...when that happens you end up paying more per month for the vehicle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
 
Location: North Cackelacky....in the hills.
19,556 posts, read 20,964,512 times
Reputation: 2518
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The World According to Oz.

Whine, whine, whine. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The difference between the trade-ins and new cars is almost ten MPG. That's a success. That you can't handle success from this administratrion is a personal problem.
The stated purpose WAS to get gas guzzlers off the road right?
So restricting what can be traded in for the credit to only newer vehicles seems....foolish.

I guess you being an Obamabot makes this difficult....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:43 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 10,102,857 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Sigh...when you have less than stellar credit you cannot get a good interest rate...when that happens you end up paying more per month for the vehicle.
Do the math. The MATH. You know how to do math?

Here, I'll help you: Auto loan calculator, car loan payment calculator by Bankrate

$15,000 loan. Seven years. THIRTY PERCENT interest. $428.89 per month. Not $500 is it?

You haven't answered my question. How are you determining that those using the CARS program have less than stellar credit? HOW DO YOU KNOW? You don't. You're talking out of your behind. It doesn't matter, anyway. Someone with poor credit, who makes only $20k a year, is not going to find a loan that requires a $6+k per year payment. Ain't gonna happen.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2009, 01:44 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 10,102,857 times
Reputation: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
The stated purpose WAS to get gas guzzlers off the road right?
So restricting what can be traded in for the credit to only newer vehicles seems....foolish.

I guess you being an Obamabot makes this difficult....
Seems foolish TO YOU. I guess being a crying, whining, sore loser makes that difficult.

Ten MPG difference. Ten MPG. Get it? Oh, never mind...Murphy's Law an' all...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top