Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How dumb do you think Americans really are??
Americans are dumb to believe in Democrats/Liberals. 37 34.26%
Americans are dumb to believe in Republicans. 40 37.04%
Americans are dumb to believe in Corporations. 44 40.74%
Americans are dumb to believe that the government can take care of them. 57 52.78%
Scary = "I am from the government and I am here to help". 19 17.59%
I love the welfare system and I vote liberal because I am lazy. 7 6.48%
Illegal alien amnesty is VERY bad and encourages more illegals. 45 41.67%
Illegal alien amnesties are good and I want open borders. 4 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 05:08 AM

75 posts, read 278,239 times

Advertisements

The news media is a major factor in the dumbing of Americans..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 AM

2,971 posts, read 2,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
The news media is a major factor in the dumbing of Americans..
So true. People buy into the left-wing media.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,080,438 times
People buying into the right-wing media

Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,329,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
So true. People buy into the left-wing media.
There is no such thing as the left-wing media on TV.

You have the channels that report the news, and then you have the anti-immigration channel(the fox noise machine).

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post

You have the channels that report the news, and then you have the anti-immigration channel(the fox noise machine).
PHM so you are actually stating that FOX NEWS is bias and all the other stations are centrist? And you can say that with a straight face?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,080,438 times
If you are facing the screen, and see a broadcaster, it always looks as if his/her right shoulder is left, and left shoulder is right.

It is so easy to confuse left and right even when you are steering your car, so it makes sense that folks confuse left wing and right wing on the telly.

Quote:

Old 05-24-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
PHM so you are actually stating that FOX NEWS is bias and all the other stations are centrist? And you can say that with a straight face?
I'm serious, spunky.

I see no bias in any other channel but FOX. They hardly report real news. All I see your admirer, Oreilly & Co. do is rail against the secular progressives(I think they forget this is suppose to be a secular government), the war on Christmas, Illegals (Oreilly's first report on a drunk driving case coincidently involved an Ilegal and then he turns it solely into an illegal issue) and the infamous San Francisco values.

Considering the reason why FOX became popular due to it's constant bashing they gave the Clinton administration, they don't report on hardly any of the current administration controversies, and when they do it's with a twist, making it seem it's Democratic theater.

Where's the bias on the other networks?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I'm serious, spunky.

Where's the bias on the other networks?
You give a moniker for FOX well how about CNN THE Clinton News Network
I can't even believe you ask where the bias is? I guess you didn't happen to catch MSNBC last night around 8pm? I only caught it mid segment but a pundit with "special commentary" under his name was railing against Bush for at least 10 minutes, actually calling him names. . .

Where is the bias? Pretty much everywhere. . the only difference is that until FOX came on the scene it was all left-wing bias so most people thought that was centrist. . .
But we obviously are not going to agree on this. . . btw I liked your old "handle" under your name better!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
You give a moniker for FOX well how about CNN THE Clinton News Network
I can't even believe you ask where the bias is? I guess you didn't happen to catch MSNBC last night around 8pm? I only caught it mid segment but a pundit with "special commentary" under his name was railing against Bush for at least 10 minutes, actually calling him names. . .

Where is the bias? Pretty much everywhere. . the only difference is that until FOX came on the scene it was all left-wing bias so most people thought that was centrist. . .
But we obviously are not going to agree on this. . . btw I liked your old "handle" under your name better!
I actually did catch 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann'. I always switch between that one and 'The Factor with Bill O'reilly'.

If you caught the whole speech he first started bashing the dems for not complying with the majorities wishes to end the war. And I completely agree with him on the reasons he was railing against Bush. When he rails against Bush it's for reasons most Americans agree with, even Republicans are turning against him now, I don't think it's bias.

What did you not agree with what he said?

Regarding my old handle. Did you read the text I had there?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I actually did catch 'Countdown with Keith Olbermann'. I always switch between that one and 'The Factor with Bill O'reilly'.

If you caught the whole speech he first started bashing the dems for not complying with the majorities wishes to end the war. And I completely agree with him on the reasons he was railing against Bush. When he rails against Bush it's for reasons most Americans agree with, even Republicans are turning against him now, I don't think it's bias.

What did you not agree with what he said?

Regarding my old handle. Did you read the text I had there?
I did not catch the beginning of the speech, and then I got interupted and didn't catch the end, but I heard enough. It just goes to my point that it is another outlet for the left to spout their rhetoric. Was time given to the other side of the story for a rebutal? Of course not. It was even misleading by the "special commentary" runner below his name.

And what do you mean? what text: it said something like "magnificant machine" ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies