U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 AM

5,165 posts, read 5,669,349 times

Advertisements

I Watched John Tossel's take on the potential pitfalls of Government Healthcare. This is no "Your grandparents will die" media scare tactic. It was an honest take on what Government run Healthcare will look like.

click on the video "Healthcare: Does Canada Do It Better?" :

Watch '20/20' Friday Nights at 10 p.m. - ABC News

http://blogs.abcnews.com/johnstossel/2009/07/47-million-uninsured.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:00 AM

272 posts, read 271,526 times
I ask all of you nay sayers are you willing to give up medicare. Give up your medicare and then we will talk.

All those things on John Stossel's report happens in America now including their are people who don't even get the treatment in 6 months or 23 hours. My son had to have stitches a gaping hole in his leg that needed 48 stitches. With no other patients in the waiting room he waited 5 hours before he saw a dr. You can always pick out stories pro and con and conglomerate it and tell a story. It is a bias report out looking for the negatives in Canada's system come to America and let's do a story about the negatives of Americas system and the story will be just as disturbing.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:05 AM

" you have to bark or meow" to get a cat scan he says. In America some people have to wait till hell freezes over to get a cat scan. How do you people sleep at night knowing people are suffering, dying, losing their homes because they don't have insurance. Come up with a plan that you can be happy and others can still have some just a portion of what you spoiled people who are so worried about waiting or having to "bark or meow" to have a cat scan.

Again::: over and over and over and over Obama isn't creating a Canadian plan.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 AM

2,173 posts, read 2,674,038 times
A single payer, universal healthcare plan is the end goal. The public option is the first step. So yeah, he's laying the foundation for a 'Canadian plan'. Drink less kool-aid, think more critically.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 AM

Woohoo more kool aid please I want that single payer plan...

Old 08-01-2009, 07:05 AM

9,043 posts, read 12,223,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
Woohoo more kool aid please I want that single payer plan...
First you say that Obama isn't creating a single payer plan, then you admit that he is and you want it.

Deception at its finest folks.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:18 AM

I don't think he is you don't know he is I think he should although I think the rich talk in this country and we will be lucky if we get any change at all

Old 08-01-2009, 07:22 AM

49 posts, read 95,650 times
there can be no meaningful reform without tort reform. docs gotta CYA with unnecess tests and procedures driven by frivilous lawsuits

Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 AM

3,191 posts, read 4,028,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applepick View Post
there can be no meaningful reform without tort reform. docs gotta CYA with unnecess tests and procedures driven by frivilous lawsuits
Agree, but good luck.
The Democrat party is the party of lawyers and in the interest of self-preservation, they have always shot down such attempts at tort reform.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:36 AM

16,248 posts, read 22,911,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
" you have to bark or meow" to get a cat scan he says. In America some people have to wait till hell freezes over to get a cat scan. How do you people sleep at night knowing people are suffering, dying, losing their homes because they don't have insurance. Come up with a plan that you can be happy and others can still have some just a portion of what you spoiled people who are so worried about waiting or having to "bark or meow" to have a cat scan.
Again::: over and over and over and over Obama isn't creating a Canadian plan.
Since it is a "cat" scan, I don't think barking will do much good. Not for a cat scan. Maybe a dog scan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies