Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:19 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The man is scum with a big lying mouth.
Oh, what would we do without such eloquence on this forum?! We'd all be lost.

You know, if you hadn't chosen a career as a poster on City-Data, I bet you could have become a world-renowned poet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Rather than using the encounter w/Pickens to discuss the merits of reducing Americas independance on foreign oil, Franken attacks him personally over a campaign ad from 5 years ago that he found offensive.
Way to go Al, I predict you will do great things for the small minded, hate filled libertards that elected you!
so you forgive and forget when it's politically expedient to do so? How long does it take for you to go from revulsion to smiling welcome and handshaking? does it depend on what's in it for you?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
Funny how the right conveniently overlook that Pickens wants the taxpayers to help increase the value of his investment in wind power, all while decrying "big gubmint".

Also a bit odd that the right complains when we bring up the Pickens has sponsored one of the most hate filled campaigns in recent memory, "don't bring up the past", etc. But at least once a day someone from the right will start a thread about "who was worse, Carter or Clinton".

I'm glad Franken did it. BTW, screw Pickens and the rest of the oil and gas crowd. Funny that the minimum wage earning righties are so in love with billionaires that made their money manipulating markets and screwing them.

golfgod

Old 08-01-2009, 08:39 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
so you forgive and forget when it's politically expedient to do so? How long does it take for you to go from revulsion to smiling welcome and handshaking? does it depend on what's in it for you?
Looooong sigh....
Franken is miffed over an ad that had nothing to do with him, from over five years ago and rather than use the time wisely to discuss nation wide energy solutions, he went on an ego driven rant about said ad.
Can you expalin how Frankens behaviour is purposeful to the needs of his constituents and country?

Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Funny how the right conveniently overlook that Pickens wants the taxpayers to help increase the value of his investment in wind power, all while decrying "big gubmint".

Also a bit odd that the right complains when we bring up the Pickens has sponsored one of the most hate filled campaigns in recent memory, "don't bring up the past", etc. But at least once a day someone from the right will start a thread about "who was worse, Carter or Clinton".

I'm glad Franken did it. BTW, screw Pickens and the rest of the oil and gas crowd. Funny that the minimum wage earning righties are so in love with billionaires that made their money manipulating markets and screwing them.

golfgod
In your off topic moment you forgot to blame Bush, FOX and Limbaugh.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Looooong sigh....
Franken is miffed over an ad that had nothing to do with him, from over five years ago and rather than use the time wisely to discuss nation wide energy solutions, he went on an ego driven rant about said ad.
Can you expalin how Frankens behaviour is purposeful to the needs of his constituents and country?
can you understand what it's like to be moved by something in which you werent personally involved?

Im sure Franken knows exactly why Pickens was involved with wind energy -- which I think he recently sold out of by the way.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
In your off topic moment you forgot to blame Bush, FOX and Limbaugh.
they're not in Pickens's league. They're guard dogs for people like Pickens.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
can you understand what it's like to be moved by something in which you werent personally involved?
Huh?
This is a post about Frankens abhorrent behaviour when given a chance to contribute something useful.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:50 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, what would we do without such eloquence on this forum?! We'd all be lost.

You know, if you hadn't chosen a career as a poster on City-Data, I bet you could have become a world-renowned poet.
Or a respected speaker for the liberals

Old 08-01-2009, 08:55 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
If he's going to be a senator than things like this are going to have to stop:

Franken feuds with T. Boone Pickens - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090731/pl_politico/25667 - broken link)

Here you have Pickens there to talk about the wind power program he's been pushing on TV. He claims there's a way to get the country off foreign oil in 10 years using wind power. It's a step in the right direction. The Democrats may not be that crazy about Pickens (who by the way, let's not forget, is just a citizen) but, they're all professionals and know enough not to get into an argument with him about something their still sore about from the 2004 election. Of all the things to start arguing about....the swift boat ads.....from 5 years ago. The idea is to move forward, not argue about he said she said stuff from 5 years ago. That's the kind of thing I would expect some people on here (the CD forum) to get into an argument about, not our senators in congress.

It's not as if there are and weren't plenty of campaign ads being run from private sources, that as far as I'm concerned are all a bunch of B.S. They shouldn't even allow them.....I don't bother to pay attention to them....they're being funded by sources that all have an agenda (and their free to say what ever they want when they do it too).

This is exactly the kind of thing I was expecting from Franken but, hoping I would be wrong.
It's exactly what I was expecting from Franken and I'm glad I was right.

The Swift Boat Lies were unconscionable and no one involved should ever be trusted again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies