Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,364,617 times

Advertisements

Speaking of women:

Women's Suffrage in Colorado

Women gained the right to vote through a Constitutional amendment passed by the people of Colorado during a general election on November 7, 1893. As reported in the Aspen Daily Times on November 9, 1893, "Colorado passes Women's suffrage by several thousand votes." Colorado became the first state in the Union to approve women's suffrage in a popular election.

WOW Museum: Western Women's Suffrage - Wyoming

The Western suffrage story began when Wyoming transformed a dream into reality in 1869. That year, the twenty-member Territorial Legislature approved a revolutionary measure stating: "That every woman of the age of twenty-one years, residing in this Territory, may at every election to be holden under the law thereof, cast her vote."

Western women have always marched to the beat of a different drummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 05:22 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,364,102 times
Note the title of this thread...
It seems pretty clear that this is a fallback position for the Republicans now that its been pointed out to them that it doesn't matter where he was born since one of his parents was an American.

Keep blathering on, he is still the president of the USA and with the streak you folks have, he will be president for two terms rather then just one.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:20 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,096,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Note the title of this thread...
It seems pretty clear that this is a fallback position for the Republicans now that its been pointed out to them that it doesn't matter where he was born since one of his parents was an American.

Keep blathering on, he is still the president of the USA and with the streak you folks have, he will be president for two terms rather then just one.
Ha! The OP is trying to say " we've been proven to be fools but what we REALLY meant was something else and NOW we're right about this even if we were so wrong and stupid about the BC so now we want to make it look like something else ...blah, blah blah...."

If that ain't the Siskiyou Two-step-Double-Duck-Cowards-Way-out I don't know what it is

Sounds like Palin wrote that but that IS what the Birthers are trying to do.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM

Dear OP poster,

Why do you want Biden to be president?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM

Why no response?

Finally embarrassed enough to quit???

Old 08-02-2009, 09:31 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,364,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ha! The OP is trying to say " we've been proven to be fools but what we REALLY meant was something else and NOW we're right about this even if we were so wrong and stupid about the BC so now we want to make it look like something else ...blah, blah blah...."

If that ain't the Siskiyou Two-step-Double-Duck-Cowards-Way-out I don't know what it is

Sounds like Palin wrote that but that IS what the Birthers are trying to do.
So, so true.

I think some are still hoping someone will come forward with an uncounted ballot box or 3 and tell them its all been a bad dream.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:45 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,830,520 times
The dying shriek of the completely discredited right wing, and their dupes who post on C-D and other sites;

1. That wasn't what we said.
2. Drudge said it.
3. Rush repeated it.
4. William Kristol confirmed it.
5. Andrew McCarthy wrote a lie-filled op-ed about it.
6. Michelle Malkin ('s husband ghost-wrote) wrote a "piece" (POS) about it.
7. Therefor it's absolutely true.

"And I as an idiotic repeater of all things that they, and Newt, and Dick Armey tell me to repeat, will continue to believe and vote against my own self-interest. Because by-golly I enjoy my just above minimum pay job that allows me to live in a trailer with my overweight meth head spouse and use my tax money to support millionaires and billionaires."

This is the way they think, as long as they don't have to wake up at 2:00 AM and think, "my gosh, the President is BLACK and I'm still a freaking loser."

golfgod

Old 08-02-2009, 09:48 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,198,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Suborned in the U.S.A. by Andrew C. McCarthy on National Review Online

Candidate obama;

[/color]

Pres obama;

Does anybody notice the difference? It is this that leads people to believe he is not telling the truth.

Great in depth article detailing why people think he plays fast and loose with his "history", what little of it we know.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Old 08-03-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
Aw, c'mon, Dukester, this isn't a snooze....isn't fun to watch birthers squirm???

And not answer questions???

Old 08-03-2009, 08:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
I sleep in.

Oh, it matters for sure where he was born, it also matters that he has lied about it.

Neither one would bother the die-hard supporters, like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies