Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,811,735 times

Advertisements

Suborned in the U.S.A. by Andrew C. McCarthy on National Review Online

Candidate obama;

Quote:
Suddenly, it was “just making stuff up,” as Obama put it, for questioners “to say that, you know, maybe he’s got Muslim connections.” “The only connection I’ve had to Islam,” the candidate insisted, “is that my grandfather on my father’s side came from [Kenya]. But I’ve never practiced Islam. Mod cut-for rest of quote, see link

Pres obama;

Quote:
Such was the ardor of Obama’s denials that jaws dropped when, once safely elected, he reversed course (again) and embraced his Islamic heritage. “The president himself experienced Islam on three continents,” an administration spokesman announced. “You know, growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father . . Mod cut-see link for rest of quote
Does anybody notice the difference? It is this that leads people to believe he is not telling the truth.

Great in depth article detailing why people think he plays fast and loose with his "history", what little of it we know.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-01-2009 at 01:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:48 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,496,120 times
Huh? What on earth are you going on about? The only thing that makes sense is the author's name: McCarthy. Get a grip.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,155,677 times
After months and months of clearly birther madness somebody comes along to try and muddy the waters.....too funny! I've been following the birther blogs/forums and can tell you it is about hate and nothing else.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,062,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
After months and months of clearly birther madness somebody comes along to try and muddy the waters.....too funny! I've been following the birther blogs/forums and can tell you it is about hate and nothing else.

I imagine you are quite familiar with hate.

I wouldn't trust anything out of the forked-tongue mouth of hussein obama and any document is easily forged. This guy has been groomed for this position and all was put in place for his coming out party. He's a slipery snake in the grass which is the kind of charaters the left is attracted to. Birds of a feather, you know.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,583,097 times
The level of anti-Obama looniness on this forum is astounding. It's just one conspiracy theory and false accusation after another.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:20 AM

18,047 posts, read 25,097,841 times
I'm waiting for the conspiracy theory factory to blow up,
because it is in overdrive right now.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,155,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I imagine you are quite familiar with hate.
Yes my innocence has been compromised since following those racist birther sites for sure but I'm a big guy and can hold my own!

Old 08-01-2009, 11:27 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,019,179 times
It has nothing about honesty, it's just about hate in an issue that people can focus in on. If it's about honesty then once a thrid party arbiter (several in this case) ruled it to be one way or the other the case would be settled. The people who continue it are the ones who are selfish and dishonest because they don't care about truth, they care about screaming hard enough and long enough they might possibly get their way. This is one of the biggest things I hate about current conservative thought, nd one reason that drove me away.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:57 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,066,031 times
So, wanting the person that holds the highest office in the land to be truthful and respectful of the Constitution is racist and hateful? You that think that are the same people that spew hatred when the other party is in power because you know nothing else. It doesn't seem to matter that the man who ran as the "transparent" candidate is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to hide his background. If he were conservative I guarantee that you would be the ones screaming - god knows, you've screamed for a lot less.

I find it disgraceful that there is even one American that is ok with the fact that the potus thinks himself above the law, conservative or liberal. The senate had a hearing on McCain's eligibility, why not Obama's? Because they didn't want to appear racist? What BS.

Read the posts from liberals and then tell me that the conservatives are the only ones that hate. Honestly, tell me that if a conservative were in office and pulling the same moves to hide his background it would be fine with you. None of you would be fine with it. I know I wouldn't be fine with it - no-one on either side should be able to do what Obama is doing.

It is most definitely an issue of honesty, but also that arrogance that he is above everyone else and doesn't have to answer to anyone. His lack of respect for the people and laws of the land are abominable. He is the least "transparent" president we've ever had and we cannot let this continue. He simply cannot get away with hiding his past.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,852,914 times
This whole 'birther' phenomena would go away if the left would quit promoting it. Birthers are like the Code Pink of the right. They're crackpots. But it serves the left wing of this country to increase the volume concerning birthers as Obama's agenda goes down in flames.

Last edited by ZGACK; 08-01-2009 at 01:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies