Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:30 PM

111 posts, read 263,335 times

Advertisements

I mentioned at the very beginning of my post that I was offering a Christian perspective. I'm sorry if that is something that you do not wish to hear, but...isn't that what a forum is all about? Not everyone will agree with everything.

And on the subject of arrogance -- it indeed would be ignorant for me to claim that I am created in the image of God, simply because I thought I was worthy. I, in reality am most unworthy. But it's not just me. It's every human. In fact, I didn't even say that I was created in the Image of God.

God did, in Genesis 1:26,27 and Genesis 9:6. Now...are you going to call God arrogant? Because HE'S the One who said it in His Word -- I'm just quoting HIM.

And, upon the issue of Hitler being created in the image of God...I know, it's a hard thing to understand. But all of mankind was created in God's image. And, although he didn't act very human, Hitler was a human being. Now, he didn't do right with the body that God gave him, but truly he was created in God's image.

Now, to say that last paragraph, and not define the "Image of God" would scare people. The Image of God is defined as something like this: "The attributes which man possesses that no other being has." Those being, Intellect, Volition, and Sensibility, and Conscience. A plant cannot choose to photosynthesize...it just does what it is supposed to do. A dog cannot invent a new vehicle...it does not possess the intellect that man has. A bear cannot file harassment when mounted by another bear...it has no sensibility. It simply reverts to instinct: submit, fight or flee.

You all are aware of these differences, no? Now, naturally, I do not believe in Evolution. I believe it is a lie. But even those who would embrace this teaching would have to admit that we humans are vastly different from animals! I am sitting upright, typing on a computer that a man made!

So...the Image of God, concisely stated, would be this: the characteristics given to man (whether exhibited or not) that animals do not have.

And, lastly, friends...I have already stated that this viewpoint is the viewpoint of the Bible. I am quoting it directly! So, please think it through before calling me arrogant. I am merely quoting God's Word, even if you believe that it is a book of lies or something.

I am created in the Image of God. And so are you, if you are reading this. Because you're a human. You possess attributes that a monkey will NEVER have; let's face it. It's actually kind of insulting to the whole human race to argue that we came from the very things I just ate, is it not?

But this isn't about what I believe about evolution. This isn't even really about animal rights. What provoked me to write this thread was the fact that I was accused of being arrogant for merely quoting scripture.

It doesn't make me feel warm and snuggly inside, friends. It imbues me with a sense of duty -- I am special. I am created. Therefore, I have a purpose. To glorify my Creator. As King David said, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made". God said that before I was even born, He knew me. He knows every hair on my head. W-W-Wait a minute, folks...

I DO feel warm and snuggly inside!

According to the Bible, (which I know all of you don't believe...I'm just stating God's Word here, friends!!!) I have a purpose. I was created and put here for a reason. And so were you.

And, since I'm able to say that, that puts me (and you) one notch above the chicken cordon bleu I just ate.

Thanks for reading friend.

Last edited by spike1611; 04-23-2007 at 06:32 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 06:31 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,883,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

thanks LF I needed that laugh! (Notice I still didnt get an answer as to who created Hitler?)

s.
Sunny, respectfully, the way things are created are not necessarily the way they end up. I created a pen for my dog and trained him and had high expectations for him, however, when I gave him freedom to roam my rather rural yard, I never saw him again. The good life I had planned for him was not what he chose. Those two monsters you mentioned were created in the image of God, but they were perverted by the world and thier surroundings.

By the way, what's with the rush for answers and the implication that a delay means there's no response, is this a 'blog' or 'forum' or just another instant messaging system????

EDIT: I posted this before I got to the other responses. Sorry if it was redundant....again...(that's a joke) redundant again...get it....ahh...nobody get me!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Question ok-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Sunny, respectfully, the way things are created are not necessarily the way they end up. I created a pen for my dog and trained him and had high expectations for him, however, when I gave him freedom to roam my rather rural yard, I never saw him again. The good life I had planned for him was not what he chose. Those two monsters you mentioned were created in the image of God, but they were perverted by the world and thier surroundings.

By the way, what's with the rush for answers and the implication that a delay means there's no response, is this a 'blog' or 'forum' or just another instant messaging system????

EDIT: I posted this before I got to the other responses. Sorry if it was redundant....again...(that's a joke) redundant again...get it....ahh...nobody get me!!!

but there are people who find a higher power/faith and gentleness in animals that they do not see in humans.

In India, a cow is sacred. Nirvana is attained by accepting spirituality in ALL living things. Animals do have emotions, and the capability to understand what is being done to them.

Sorry but the fact that Hitler even existed in the world leaves me room for doubt. A just God would never have allowed it.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-23-2007 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM

606 posts, read 698,620 times
you don't have to have the right to do so,just the need to do so
kill animals and eat them.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,745,110 times
Default Further Food For Thought

It's both interesting and confusing that several posters have been firmly in favour of eating meat, but decidely against hunting for "sport".

By choosing to eat animals, one is in tacit agreement with the concept of killing a critter for human consumption.

Other than in instances of cruelty, why would the manner of the creature's death come into play? Dead by human hands is dead by human hands.

All those four-legged, potential Quarter-Pounders wandering around the nation's pastures don't pass away peacefully in their sleep prior to being slapped on a sesame seed bun with onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and special sauce, ya know.

From the time they're cute little calves, they're raised in cramped conditions,and injected with vacines, innoculations, and steroids. Farm-use needles are made of steel so the ones that break off within the animal can be detected in the animal carcass by abatoir scanners. One magic day, they're herded on to a truck and disembarked at the slaughterhouse, where the only exit leads to the final exit courtesy of the butcher's knife.

This is somehow a better existence than romping around the forest until someone puts a bullet through you?

From a moral perspective, it's hard to see where one scenario is superior to the other.

Now, pass the roast beast, please.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:37 PM

872 posts, read 3,584,263 times
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/3428/cityskylinezx1.jpg (broken link)

Almost nothing better than a big steak.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:40 PM

606 posts, read 698,620 times
and..don't you think plants are also creature?

Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Lightbulb true-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
It's both interesting and confusing that several posters have been firmly in favour of eating meat, but decidely against hunting for "sport".

By choosing to eat animals, one is in tacit agreement with the concept of killing a critter for human consumption.

Other than in instances of cruelty, why would the manner of the creature's death come into play? Dead by human hands is dead by human hands.

All those four-legged, potential Quarter-Pounders wandering around the nation's pastures don't pass away peacefully in their sleep prior to being slapped on a sesame seed bun with onions, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and special sauce, ya know.

From the time they're cute little calves, they're raised in cramped conditions,and injected with vacines, innoculations, and steroids. Farm-use needles are made of steel so the ones that break off within the animal can be detected in the animal carcass by abatoir scanners. One magic day, they're herded on to a truck and disembarked at the slaughterhouse, where the only exit leads to the final exit courtesy of the butcher's knife.

This is somehow a better existence than romping around the forest until someone puts a bullet through you?

From a moral perspective, it's hard to see where one scenario is superior to the other.

Now, pass the roast beast, please.

The animals die horrible deaths. Next time you are under the knife for surgery- imagine if you had to feel that. Man is supposed to have a higher capacity for thinking and analyzing. Therefore, abusing creatures is something which will come back to him- it is karma.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,029 times
I am waiting for the PETA outrage and protest over animals eating other animals!

Old 04-23-2007, 08:23 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I am waiting for the PETA outrage and protest over animals eating other animals!
Actually, PETA doesn't only say not to eat animals. They also promote better living conditions for farm animals. At least that's what they told me. Maybe that was the "hook" to get my money!

What I'M waiting for is for someone to espouse population control of humans by having human hunting grounds. I mean it works well enough for deer! How come nobody eats US? We're tender and quite fatty, at least in industrialized nations, and we're d*mned slow.

I do hope you all know I'm kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies